Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
postol would have been a great choice...the thing about postol is his low number of ko's is not because of power..he CAN punch...his low number of ko's because of his fighting style....seeing danny face him would be a better gauge of his boxing sklls because postol can box and punch..not only that postol is in his prime..thats what makes that fight interesting on all levels...similar to when i said herrera would be an interesting fight for danny when everybody was writing him off when that was announced...fighting this version of paulie is not a gauge of anything but a cash grab and a way to get a name on his record....if he wins, hes supposed to...if he struggles just a little bit with paulie's boxing skills his rep is only going to get worse..and god forbid he has a close fight or loses :huhldup:

Postols fight at the Barclay's was horrible breh

Angel saw food N wanted Danny to drain himself to take that fight :russ:

Same shyt you said about fighting Paulie = fighting Postol only difference Paulie is a name

He beats Postol "who cares generic Euro CAC" "another Jo Jo Dan"

He drains himself, He looks bad.... all hell breaks loose then we got the Matthysse Stans crying for their rematch N danny is ducking when he vacates :stopitslime:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
garcia told haymon he want paulie. haymon tells paulie to cut him self to cancel fight:troll:

but for real he shoulda rematched peterson :manny:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Postols fight at the Barclay's was horrible breh

Angel saw food N wanted Danny to drain himself to take that fight :russ:

Same shyt you said about fighting Paulie = fighting Postol only difference Paulie is a name

He beats Postol "who cares generic Euro CAC" "another Jo Jo Dan"

He drains himself, He looks bad.... all hell breaks loose then we got the Matthysse Stans crying for their rematch N danny is ducking when he vacates :stopitslime:

paulie is a name breh..not much else...beating him is not going to impress anyone since paulie has no kinda heat behind him...he has no power in those frail hands to hurt him, has slowed down, hasnt fought in a year+, and prone to scar tissue type cuts...ppl are still going to demand lucas or lamont rematches regardless after this

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
paulie is a name breh..not much else...beating him is not going to impress anyone since paulie has no kinda heat behind him...he has no power in those frail hands to hurt him, has slowed down, hasnt fought in a year+, and prone to scar tissue type cuts...ppl are still going to demand lucas or lamont rematches regardless after this

After Fighting Postol means Matthysse is now Mando...danny vacates N hes Scary ducking again...was my point

Danny has out grown 140...I ain't trying to see him kill himself to make weight N look like shyt against a generic Euro CAC

Let the nikka look like shyt at a healthy weight at least :russ:

Again the first Rumor was Bizier for Swift :scusthov:

I ain't goin Complain bout Paulie...theres way worst soft touches:manny:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
i can already see it

a-paulie won. he landed more jabs and combinations. he outboxed danny and had good footwork .:dwillhuh:

b-garcia had the more powerful shots. plus he hurt paulie n paulie ran the rest of the fight. if he wouldn't have ran as much after he got hurt ......he could have won.:yeshrug:

c-danny fights ricky burns next.

:francis:

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Herrera gotta fight with Lundy
Maidana weighs 350
AB fighting Porter
Thurman fighting Collazo
Crawford is TR

The belts are being Vacated N fighting the corpse of Paulie > Postol

nobody gives af about Postol the nikka is Jo Jo Dan status :aicmon:

Devon is 2-2 in his last 4 coming off a L
Berto is 2-2 in his last 4 coming off a W
Paulie is 2-2 in his last 4 coming off a L

Its ok to fight Devon or Berto but not Paulie tho :rudy:

Obviously as a fan we want top fights year round...that shyt is unrealistic

Peterson
Malignaggi
?????
In the same year isn't bad at all
First off, I didn't even mention Thurman. :whoa: I wouldn't wish that upon Danny and don't want Angel to be in the corner like :damn:

Second, I doubt you'll find many people that'll agree washed up Paulie, who's only recent win is against an even more washed up sparring partner in Zab, is a better fight than the undefeated mandatory challenger for his belt. This is just a ploy to erase the Lamont fight from people's minds without risking anything at 140 or 147. And worst yet, it could all backfire if Paulie shows any life. There isn't much to gain from this fight other than collecting a check, adding a fight to a PBC card, and keeping Danny busy. And what people still care about Paulie as a boxer? Who cared to see the first Herrera fight or the Rod Salka fight? Now it's about the people?

Third, Devon is a good fight because he isn't washed and he's still the guy that beat Maidana and Matthysse. He'll make Danny work for the W.

Fourth, Berto is a good fight because he's fresh off a good W against an actual 147 lb fighter, he has power, he'll test Danny's power and chin, and it would be exciting.

Fifth, Maidanabean will make weight to fight Danny, just to rub it in Matthysse's face. And you can't deny it would be a better fight than Paulie. And his last 2 Ls are to Floyd.

Sixth, Herrera would pull a :bryan:and take two fights in the same night if it mean a rematch with Danny.

I get that it's not the worst fight you could make and there's positive reasons to make it happen. If Paulie wasn't Mike Tyson'd by Porter then I wouldn't be as against it, because of the stylistic problems and Paulie's experience. But Paulie thought about retiring, and in boxing that means he's already done mentally. Plus, like I mentioned, there's SO many good fights out there for Danny. Even his soft touches should be a notch above Paulie at this point. And who says he even deserves a soft touch when he's arguably 1-2 in his last 3 fights. He needs to prove himself.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Better then Collazo
Better then Bizier

Feel free to name a better fight for Swifts first at 147

Nah I'm good, I'm not about to waste my time arguing about Danny struggle ass with swiftest you nikkas will defend whatever he does regardless. Youre right Paulie is a great fight :mjlol:

Struggle > gift > soft touch > spin

Swiftest :francis:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah I'm good, I'm not about to waste my time arguing about Danny struggle ass with swiftest you nikkas will defend whatever he does regardless. Youre right Paulie is a great fight :mjlol:

Struggle > gift > soft touch > spin

Swiftest :francis:

Right cuz great has been used today to describe this fight :beli:

All anybody said is Paulie is better the expected... (Bizier, Bracero, Hard Hittah)

One last thing....

2015 Paulie > Paul Smith
:umad:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Full info on thurman - collazo
@LauderdaleBoss

BOXING NEWS 24
NavigationPress News
Keith Thurman battles Luis Collazo on July 11 at USF Sun Dome in Tampa, FloridaPosted on June 4, 2015 | 6 Comments »
Share the post "Keith Thurman battles Luis Collazo on July 11 at USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida"
TAMPA (June 4, 2015) – Undefeated superstar Keith “One Time” Thurman (25-0, 21 KOs) returns to the ring in his home state to face former world champion Luis Collazo (36-6, 19 KOs) on Saturday, July 11 in the main event of the inaugural Premier Boxing Champions on ESPN show live at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT from the USF Sun Dome in Tampa.
The co-main event of the evening features an exciting matchup between undefeated top prospect Tony Harrison (21-0, 18 KOs) and quick fisted Willie Nelson (23-2-1, 13 KOs) in an event that will kick off live coverage of PBC on ESPN. Doors open in the arena at 6 p.m. ET with the first fight starting at 6:30 p.m. ET.
Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by Warriors Boxing, are priced at $200, $150, $75, $50 and $25, not including applicable service charges and taxes, and go on sale Saturday, June 6 at 10 a.m. ET. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000. Tickets are also available at www.ticketmaster.com or by visiting the Sun Dome box office.
Thurman has consistently shown his tremendous power by knocking out 18 of his first 19 opponents and since winning a world title in 2013, he has ascended to the very top of the sport’s elite class. The 26-year-old Clearwater, Florida native made three successful title defenses with wins over Jesus Soto Karass, Julio Diaz and Leonard Bundu. In his next bout he debuted the Premier Boxing Champions series by defeating Robert Guerrero in a spectacular battle on March 7. Next up on July 11, Thurman will return to the ring in his home state of Florida for the first time since 2009.
One of Brooklyn’s most respected fighters,Collazo has earned another shot at the top of the welterweight division on July 11. In April of this year, Collazo made a statement with a second round TKO of Christopher Degollado at Barclays Center.. A world champion in 2005, Collazo has faced top fighters his whole career. Most notably in recent years, he delivered an electrifying second round knockout over Victor Ortiz in Dec. 2014. Collazo will look to use his experience and guile to upset Thurman on the road on July 11.
At just 24-years-old, Harrison has made big noise recently as he brings a 10 knockout win streak to his fight on July 11. The Detroit-native has gotten off to a blazing start in 2015, already knocking out Antwone Smith and Pablo Munguia in impressive fashion. The supremely talented fighter now steps up in competition and hopes to keep his undefeated record intact when he faces Nelson.
A professional since 2006, Nelson has the tools and experience to give Harrison more than just a tough test. The 28-year-old owns victories over previously unbeaten fighters John Jackson and Yudel Johnson plus experienced veterans Luciano Cuello, Michael Medina. The fighter out of Cleveland is coming off of a narrow defeat against top contender Vanes Martirosyan in Oct. 2014.