Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
All the boxing heads and Coli brehs that praised Haymon because thought it would create more exciting fights more often are being proven wrong. Looks like he's just protecting his investment and keeping guys, especially Broner and Danny, safe to build fights up. Why shouldn't we get Danny/Postol or Danny/Peterson II?

As for Danny, it looks bad and there's no denying that. GGG has wiped his division clean aside from the lineal champ that's ducking him, so that's a bad example.

Danny has made 1 title defense, owes 2 guys a rematch, doesn't try to make weight, has at least 1 other guy, Postol, that deserves a title shot, and a few others in line for it. Also, If he takes Paulie, will have taken 2 soft touches outside of his division. He doesn't sound like a guy that you can let slide or give props for taking a stay busy fight. He's just hanging out in dannyweight limbo, waiting for others to clear the way and for Floyd to abdicate the throne.

Beating Paulie only serves to prove what he already proved by beating Morales and Zab. It's useless because he's not even a hard hitting 147, IF they even fight at 147, and Paulie is coming off a brutal KO loss at 147. The worst part is that I don't think Danny is scared. He's just trusting Haymon's plan, even if it makes him look suspect in the meantime.

We fighting Shawn Porter breh...I think "protecting" is not what I'd call that matchup:manny:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
ibb6AYZRhceyCB.gif

:francis:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Postol is fukking trash you acting like that nikka is some sort of threat :camby:...he fought a fallafel cart pusher his last fight N they literally ended it early cuz it was that trash :russ:

Swift didn't clean out his division :rudy:

They protecting Swift because theres no Lamont immediate rematch...cuz immediate rematches occur all the time in boxing right :stopitslime:

It won't count as a welterweight fight cuz Paulie doesn't punch hard :deadmanny:

Besides a name opp on the resume... Beating Paulie helps him with the fact he struggles with boxers N struggles having to be the agressor...Swift already has proved he can take a punch already proved he can beat brawlers...So it makes sense to fight a style he struggles with to get better

Who would you have picked for Swift to fight then next??

Good objection:obama:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
So can I :yeshrug:

One of the reasons im not mad at this fight

The nikka struggles with boxers...instead of fighting a my defense is my face brawler...hes fighting against a style that can give him problems

Im hoping this improves him for the tougher fights :manny:

Angel Garcia vs Paulie Malignaggi trash talking though:blessed:

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
We fighting Shawn Porter breh...I think "protecting" is not what I'd call that matchup:manny:
That's my fault for not making the distinction. I actually forgot about the Porter fight because of the Return of SOG. :blessed:

Since Maidana until now he was. Shawn Porter is a legit test and his 2nd best opponent to date. And I don't know about everyone else, but the catchweight doesn't bother me because I'm willing to bet Porter either suggested it or readily accepted it.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Postol is fukking trash you acting like that nikka is some sort of threat :camby:...he fought a fallafel cart pusher his last fight N they literally ended it early cuz it was that trash :russ:

Swift didn't clean out his division :rudy:

They protecting Swift because theres no Lamont immediate rematch...cuz immediate rematches occur all the time in boxing right :stopitslime:

It won't count as a welterweight fight cuz Paulie doesn't punch hard :deadmanny:

Besides a name opp on the resume... Beating Paulie helps him with the fact he struggles with boxers N struggles having to be the agressor...Swift already has proved he can take a punch already proved he can beat brawlers...So it makes sense to fight a style he struggles with to get better

Who would you have picked for Swift to fight then next??
So the Herrera rematch would be immediate too?

And Postol is more trash than a washed up Paulie with 2 losses in his last 3 fights, including a brutal KO? And Herrera wasn't supposed to be a threat either, remember?

And who cares if immediate rematches happen all the time or none of the time. It's within Haymon, Danny, and Lamont's will to make it happen if they so chose. But even giving you that, there's so many better choices for him.

Swift still has a questionable W over the other title holder at 140 in a catchweight fight, a questionable W in a rare title defense at 140, and is passing on fighting his undefeated mandatory to instead fight the aforementioned light punching, washed up Paulie. This will make 3 straight non-title fights for the lineal 140 lb champ...

As a fan, I would've picked Postol, Terrence Crawford if it could've been made, a Herrera rematch, a Lamont rematch, or Broner before Paulie. All of those at 140 for the belts. If not, then move up fully to 147 and fight Berto, Devon Alexander, or Maidana.

And none of this is to say Paulie can't give him trouble or he can't learn from it. It's just not even close to the challenge he's supposed to take as the lineal 140 lb champ, whether it's at 147 or Dannyweight.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

And Postol is more trash than a washed up Paulie with 2 losses in his last 3 fights, including a brutal KO? And Herrera wasn't supposed to be a threat either, remember?

And who cares if immediate rematches happen all the time or none of the time. It's within Haymon, Danny, and Lamont's will to make it happen if they so chose. But even giving you that, there's so many better choices for him.

Swift still has a questionable W over the other title holder at 140 in a catchweight fight, a questionable W in a rare title defense at 140, and is passing on fighting his undefeated mandatory to instead fight the aforementioned light punching, washed up Paulie. This will make 3 straight non-title fights for the lineal 140 lb champ...

As a fan, I would've picked Postol, Terrence Crawford if it could've been made, a Herrera rematch, a Lamont rematch, or Broner before Paulie. All of those at 140 for the belts. If not, then move up fully to 147 and fight Berto, Devon Alexander, or Maidana.

And none of this is to say Paulie can't give him trouble or he can't learn from it. It's just not even close to the challenge he's supposed to take as the lineal 140 lb champ, whether it's at 147 or Dannyweight.

Good comeback:obama:

*:popcorn:*

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Herrera gotta fight with Lundy
Maidana weighs 350
AB fighting Porter
Thurman fighting Collazo
Crawford is TR

The belts are being Vacated N fighting the corpse of Paulie > Postol

nobody gives af about Postol the nikka is Jo Jo Dan status :aicmon:

Devon is 2-2 in his last 4 coming off a L
Berto is 2-2 in his last 4 coming off a W
Paulie is 2-2 in his last 4 coming off a L

Its ok to fight Devon or Berto but not Paulie tho :rudy:

Obviously as a fan we want top fights year round...that shyt is unrealistic

Peterson
Malignaggi
?????
In the same year isn't bad at all

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Name some fighters he should be fighting then instead of Paulie breh...take into account who's available

postol would have been a great choice...the thing about postol is his low number of ko's is not because of power..he CAN punch...his low number of ko's because of his fighting style....seeing danny face him would be a better gauge of his boxing sklls because postol can box and punch..not only that postol is in his prime..thats what makes that fight interesting on all levels...similar to when i said herrera would be an interesting fight for danny when everybody was writing him off when that was announced...fighting this version of paulie is not a gauge of anything but a cash grab and a way to get a name on his record....if he wins, hes supposed to...if he struggles just a little bit with paulie's boxing skills his rep is only going to get worse..and god forbid he has a close fight or loses :huhldup: