Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
TKO stoppage in the amateurs, she's got a little pop. USA !! USA !!!

CFWW3XgVEAELs9P.png

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Pat it'd be fronting if we were doing some irrational GGG hate. Everything that's been said regarding GGG is relevant.

Not being in love w /ggg is not =fronting breh

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Inoue is a monster breh.

He fought on the undercard of Roman Gonzalez when he won his most recent title. Inoue also destroyed Omar Navarez in a couple rounds as well.

That kid is every bit as good as Max says he is.

Me personally, he comes off as a hybrid of SRL/RJJ and GGG. Like he can be technical and stalk/pressure guys and beat them up, but he also has some swag in him and he can be flashy and explosive too.

#MonsterSquad :blessed:

Let me know when he has a next fight.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Not only does Gennady Golovkin attract crowds from coast to coast in New York City and Southern California, but the power-punching middleweight titleholder also continues to be a reliable ratings draw for HBO.

Golovkin’s sixth-round technical knockout over Willie Monroe this past Saturday had an average audience of 1.338 million viewers, peaking at 1.474 million people, according to ratings estimates compiled by Nielsen Media Research.

That’s a slight bump up from Golovkin’s previous primetime appearance on HBO, a two-round win over Marco Antonio Rubio in October that had an average of 1.304 million viewers. Golovkin’s win over Martin Murray this past February took place in Europe and was split between a live HBO broadcast during the day and a replay later that evening.

It was also HBO’s third-highest rating of 2015. The highest, of course, belongs to the May 9 card featuring Canelo Alvarez vs. James Kirkland, which drew an exceptional average audience of 2.146 million viewers, peaking at nearly 2.3 million. After that came Wladimir Klitschko’s win over Bryant Jennings on April 25, which had an average of 1.637 million viewers and peaked at 1.742 million.

This was Golovkin’s eighth appearance on the network. His ratings since his debut are:

- September 2012, vs. Gregorz Proksa — 685,000 viewers

- January 2013, vs. Gabriel Rosado — 813,000 viewers

- June 2013, vs. Matthew Macklin — 1.097 million viewers

- November 2013, vs. Curtis Stevens — 1.41 million viewers

- July 2014, vs. Daniel Geale — 984,000 viewers

- October 2014, vs. Marco Antonio Rubio — 1.304 million viewers

- February 2015, vs. Martin Murray — 862,000 for the live late afternoon broadcast, 571,000 for the replay later that night

- May 2015, vs. Willie Monroe — 1.338 million viewers

On the undercard, flyweight champion Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez got a bit of a rub from being on the same broadcast. His HBO debut, a two-round destruction of Edgar Sosa, averaged 961,000 viewers and peaked at 1.018 million.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Inoue is a monster breh.

He fought on the undercard of Roman Gonzalez when he won his most recent title. Inoue also destroyed Omar Navarez in a couple rounds as well.

That kid is every bit as good as Max says he is.

Me personally, he comes off as a hybrid of SRL/RJJ and GGG. Like he can be technical and stalk/pressure guys and beat them up, but he also has some swag in him and he can be flashy and explosive too.

#MonsterSquad :blessed:
Sounds like there is only 3 pounds separating them and because of the fact Roman's promoter is Japanese the fight would be easy to make.

Anybody have thoughts on how that fight would go?

I will have to check him out. The reason i often dont get into the really low weight classes is because it is often activity based, with less threat of power. This kid Roman has serious power and it sounds lnoue does as well. :whoo:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Damn good rec breh. 1 lasted exactly as long as long as my cardio today. Will save 2 for tomorrow.

There's a 4th Marquez - vazquez fight too but..well its just sad....vazquez is already wearing thick ass glasses by this time and its ends in one of the more horrific cuts you will ever see...watch at your own risk

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Sounds like there is only 3 pounds separating them and because of the fact Roman's promoter is Japanese the fight would be easy to make.

I will have to check him out. The reason i often dont get into the really low weight classes is because it is often activity based, with less threat of power. This kid Roman has serious power and it sounds lnoue does as well. :whoo:

Honestly I think a Gonzalez/Monster fight would play out or sorta resemble Hagler/Leonard or Castillo/Cassamayor.

Lower weights done produced some quality fights over the years. Segura/Marquez being a good recent example.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I liked that Jack Reiss didnt waive off the fight when Monroe was slow to get up at 10.

It seems like a lot of fighter's have been pushing that limit lately.

If a fighter is slow to get up and wants to fight, I would rather a ref give them an extra half beat and determine if the fight should go on than fast count them and stop the fight.

Also I think a lot of fighters do it so they can complain and act like they wanted back in the fight and the ref screwed them, yet they intentionally got themselves counted out.

Put the honus on the fighter. Do you want to fight or not?

I dont look negatively on a fighter who is taking major punishment and decides they dont want any more. It is a combat sport, but not a fight to the death.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

Inoue is a monster breh. Serious guy to watch. Thought it would just be some Asian hype but he definitely has the goods.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Honestly I think a Gonzalez/Monster fight would play out or sorta resemble Hagler/Leonard or Castillo/Cassamayor.

Lower weights done produced some quality fights over the years. Segura/Marquez being a good recent example.

Truth and some are violent as all hell too