Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Breh he only lost to Manny and drew vs chaves. You couldn't objectively name 10 boxers that could beat him :yeshrug:

Come on now breh:heh:

0-1-1 in his last 2 outings and no wins since 2013 is not current Top 10 P4P material. Andre Ward's last win was more recent than Bradley's:manny:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Malignaggi cut, comeback fight off

A junior lightweight battle between Javier Fortuna and Bryan Vasquez will now open the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Spike telecast on May 29 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Fortuna vs. Vasquez, which was originally scheduled to take place May 23, replaces the bout between Paulie Malignaggi and Danny O’Connor as Malignaggi suffered a severe cut above his eye in training camp. The Fortuna-Vazquez 12-rounder will lead into the clash between former world champions Amir Khan and Chris Algieri. O’Connor will now fight in his hometown of Boston on Saturday, May 23 on the undercard of the PBC on NBC event from Boston University’s Agganis Arena
PefGDaP.jpg

Keep talking shyt, Paulie.:sas2:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Bradley vs Vargas is now for the vacant WBO title relinquished by Floyd Mayweather :FloydMoney:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I think Roy would have beat all of them and the only one I really would have been interested in was the Nigel Benn or Michael Nunn fights.
All them fans of pasty EuroCACs who refused to leave fukking Germany for a world title fight against the #1 fighter in the sport at the time can all suck a dikk though acting like Roy Jones was afraid of Dariusz Michalczewski and Sven Ottke.:stopitslime:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Erislandy Lara and Canelo Alvarez haven’t agreed on much over the past year, but the junior middleweights were on the same page regarding Gennady Golovkin’s performance Saturday night.Neither fighter was overly impressed by how Golovkin looked during his mostly one-sided, sixth-round technical knockout victory over Willie Monroe Jr. at The Forum in Inglewood, California.Alvarez intimated in a Tweet following Golovkin’s win that he didn’t see anything that would prevent the Mexican star from eventually moving up to middleweight to challenge Golovkin (33-0, 30 KOs). Lara was much more direct in a Tweet that criticized the WBA/interim WBC champion’s knockout win.

This was what Lara, who wants to fight Golovkin at 154 pounds, Tweeted on Sunday: So after last night @GGGBoxing will never fight me and I don’t blame him I would make him look worse than @Canelo #TeamLara #Truth The Cuban-born southpaw referred to how the left-handed Monroe (19-2, 6 KOs) was able to hit Golovkin consistently, despite that his punches had little effect on the knockout artist from Kazakhstan. Lara (20-2-2, 12 KOs) added another in a long line of insults directed at Alvarez to the end of the Tweet.Lara lost a split decision to Alvarez in a 12-round, 154-pound title fight July 12 at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The Houston-based contender campaigned for a rematch following their highly competitive bout, but Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) has dismissed Lara as a runner who shouldn’t be rewarded for his reluctance to engage with another seven-figure payday.
I am not the biggest GGG fan but with the way Lara reacted to the power of Canelo's body shots in their fights I envision him running for his life against Golovkin.

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
I am not the biggest GGG fan but with the way Lara reacted to the power of Canelo's body shots in their fights I envision him running for his life against Golovkin.
Lara doesn't have enough power to keep GGG off him. And as much as people rave over his boxing skill, he gets hit a lot. Lara tastes canvas if he squares off against Golovkin.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
guy is actually funny....do u agree that ur boi canelo should have fought him/belt instead of going for out of ring kirk?
I get why Canelo did the Kirkland fight after coming off 3 of his last four bouts against dudes who are less than scintillating action fighters, he needed something exciting and spectacular.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Come on now breh:heh:

0-1-1 in his last 2 outings and no wins since 2013 is not current Top 10 P4P material. Andre Ward's last win was more recent than Bradley's:manny:
:yeshrug:
Top 10 talent is how I look at it breh. Tim was a top 10 talent the past 300 ish weeks, he's not now? :manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Andrade has the potential to be the best at 154. He just needs to fight more and get more ring time. Seems like it is him holding out for more money. As someone mentioned above, his promoter has had some good fights lined up for him, he just turned them down.

Anyone catch the ratings for the Mayweather-Pacquiao replay on Showtime? I wanted to compare those vs. the HBO numbers.

And does someone want to give me the scoop on this Naoya Inoue cat? Only 8 fights, but Max was talking about him like he was a monster.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:
Top 10 talent is how I look at it breh. Tim was a top 10 talent the past 300 ish weeks, he's not now? :manny:

That's not how it works though, it only goes by your recent resume:manny:

And if it was the case (that it's about Top 10 talent), Timothy Bradley has never been one of the top 10 most talented boxers in the world, so he'd never had appeared on the list in the first place:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Andrade has the potential to be the best at 154. He just needs to fight more and get more ring time. Seems like it is him holding out for more money. As someone mentioned above, his promoter has had some good fights lined up for him, he just turned them down.

Anyone catch the ratings for the Mayweather-Pacquiao replay on Showtime? I wanted to compare those vs. the HBO numbers.

And does someone want to give me the scoop on this Naoya Inoue cat? Only 8 fights, but Max was talking about him like he was a monster.

Inoue is a monster breh.

He fought on the undercard of Roman Gonzalez when he won his most recent title. Inoue also destroyed Omar Navarez in a couple rounds as well.

That kid is every bit as good as Max says he is.

Me personally, he comes off as a hybrid of SRL/RJJ and GGG. Like he can be technical and stalk/pressure guys and beat them up, but he also has some swag in him and he can be flashy and explosive too.

#MonsterSquad :blessed:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Been so busy lately, haven't had a chance to really kick it in here with my Ring brehs.

I feel like I'm outta the loop with all of the boxing talk. :mjcry:

thats life breh..its all good..the main recent topics has been porter vs broner; bradley-vargas is now for the wbo welterweight title :scust:, and ppl still fronting on GGG