Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
That 144 catch weight is bullshyt. nikka is a former WW champ. And his monkey ass didn't make 140 too.

Adrien Broner only fought at Welterweight for 2 fights and his last fight there he weighed in at only 144....let's not act like he was a legit Welterweight, Championship or not:comeon:

Shawn Porter signed the contract stating he would fight AB at 144, so aint no excuses...same way yall wont accept excuses for Floyd having Canelo fight at a 152 catchweight:mjpls:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'd slow down on the premature ejaculation and perhaps wait at least a year after he's won a title before making ridiculous claims. His first title defense sucks, no question. It's a homecoming fight and also a showcase fight. If he fights another chump at the end of the year than we can start with the hyperbole.
If you have spent the last 7 years fighting shytty opponents then you haven't built up enough goodwill for a showcase fight. All of his fights have been against chumps and despite the heavyweight division not being full to the brim with top talent, Wilder's resume is a who's who of part-timeers and club fighters.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Adrien Broner only fought at Welterweight for 2 fights and his last fight there he weighed in at only 144....let's not act like he was a legit Welterweight, Championship or not:comeon:

Shawn Porter signed the contract stating he would fight AB at 144, so aint no excuses...same way yall wont accept excuses for Floyd having Canelo fight at a 152 catchweight:mjpls:
I said that was bullshyt to nikka... Go ahead with that fam-a-lam:heh:

Whether he was a legit ww or not. nikka can't make 140. Especially if he popping those bottles in the club.

Like I said Catch weight is bullshyt.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

With the way P4P rankings go (where JMM and Bradley still get high rankings based almost solely off their defeating Pacquiao years ago) then I don't see Manny dropping down the list just for losing to the current best fighter in the sport.
Now if Thurman or any of the guys he thinks are better than Pacquiao were to actually beat Manny then he would have a case.

And just an aside...that site has the shyttiest writers this side of Mediafakeout. I am cosntantly amazed that 99.9% of their contributors write like they are half retarded.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I said that was bullshyt to nikka... Go ahead with that fam-a-lam:heh:

:dwillhuh:

Well then you just fukked up that part of my post:russ:

I cant argue you and use my Floyd/Canelo card then:mjcry:

Whether he was a legit ww or not. nikka can't make 140. Especially if he popping those bottles in the club.

He can make 140, he's made it in 2 out of 3 fights breh. Against Molina, he needed that extra lb and ballooned up in order to take Molina's shots better....we were playing chess:ahh:

Like I said Catch weight is bullshyt.

I dont think so if it isnt for a title, because Shawn Porter could've said "no" like Khan did. He thinks he can beat AB under the stipulations, so I say game on:manny:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
That 144 catch weight is bullshyt. nikka is a former WW champ. And his monkey ass didn't make 140 too.

haha your boy look like caesar @Newzz :russ:

This is a dope match up. Haymon needs to clear 140 and 147 and make a new top dog to emerge after Floyd retires.

This is definetly a toss up, but I favor Porter :blessed:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
With the way P4P rankings go (where JMM and Bradley still get high rankings based almost solely off their defeating Pacquiao years ago) then I don't see Manny dropping down the list just for losing to the current best fighter in the sport.
Now if Thurman or any of the guys he thinks are better than Pacquiao were to actually beat Manny then he would have a case.

And just an aside...that site has the shyttiest writers this side of Mediafakeout. I am cosntantly amazed that 99.9% of their contributors write like they are half retarded.

They arent all "real" writers like a Dan Rafael, Steve Kim, Kevin Iole, Doug Fischer, Percy Crawford etc. Alot of em are average joes like on eastsideboxing.com.

Somebody who's wrote a few articles on boxingnews24 posts here:mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
haha your boy look like caesar @Newzz :russ:

:ufdup:

@LeVraiPapi....this that shyt we dont like breh:birdman:

MooKKK?:mjpls:

Im just fukking with you breh:troll::heh:

This is a dope match up. Haymon needs to clear 140 and 147 and make a new top dog to emerge after Floyd retires.

This is definetly a toss up, but I favor Porter :blessed:

We need Haymon to make all these nikkas fight each other. Somebody has to take Floyd's torch and the best way is to put em all against each other and may the best man win:banderas:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
:ufdup:

@LeVraiPapi....this that shyt we dont like breh:birdman:

MooKKK?:mjpls:

Im just fukking with you breh:troll::heh:

We need Haymon to make all these nikkas fight each other. Somebody has to take Floyd's torch and the best way is to put em all against each other and may the best man win:banderas:

nikkas only think 140 and 147 are stacked cause no one fights each other :dead:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They arent all "real" writers like a Dan Rafael, Steve Kim, Kevin Iole, Doug Fischer, Percy Crawford etc. Alot of em are average joes like on eastsideboxing.com.

Somebody who's wrote a few articles on boxingnews24 posts here:mjpls:
Just cause you are an amateur blogger doesn't mean you should write like you barely made it past 9th grade. I'm just saying.:sas2:
and I have a couple guesses who from here has written for that site.:sas1:

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
If you have spent the last 7 years fighting shytty opponents then you haven't built up enough goodwill for a showcase fight. All of his fights have been against chumps and despite the heavyweight division not being full to the brim with top talent, Wilder's resume is a who's who of part-timeers and club fighters.
I agree. And yet...it's still a homecoming first title defense. It's not that serious.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
nikkas only think 140 and 147 are stacked cause no one fights each other :dead:

They hide from each other and other threats...fukk that that. Get in that ring and PROVE you're the best:ufdup:

Hell, Judah got his ass whooped for years by the elite, but he made good money, had a solid name, and is respected because he never ducked anyone. These nikkas nowadays wanna be Floyd, wanna make Floyd's money, but dont wanna fight Floyd's opponents:bryan:

Game's over for duck, duck, goose:birdman:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/gary-russells-former-conditioning-coach-lashes-out--90892

Gary Russell’s Former Conditioning Coach Lashes Out

by David P. Greisman

Marvin Thomas hasn’t been mentioned by name, but he still feels as if his name has been dragged through the mud by Gary Russell Jr. and the featherweight titleholder’s team — unfairly, at that.

Thomas, who had been Russell’s conditioning coach in the past, was referenced in interviews prior to Russell’s title win this past March over Jhonny Gonzalez. In particular, Russell mentioned that he’d changed strength and conditioning coaches after he dropped a majority decision to Vasyl Lomachenko in June 2014.

“Leading up to the fight, we were in a sauna for the past two, maybe three days leading all the way up into the fight. That’s what my [previous] strength and conditioning coach wanted me to do,” Russell said on a conference call before the Gonzalez bout.

“Anyone that's seen that fight, whether it was Lomachenko or anyone else, they’ve seen the difference in my punching ability, my endurance, my speed, just me as a person. People knew that that wasn't the Gary Russell, Jr. that they'd seen the previous 24 fights. And that was some of the things that came up in the Lomachenko fight. I was completely tired and fatigued in the first round, you know?”

And Russell’s father, Gary Sr., said something similar in an interview with boxing website Behind The Gloves.

“Lomachenko was a real tough fight but what people don’t know is my son was in a sauna three days in a row before the fight, each after a long training session,” Russell Sr. was quoted as saying. “He had a strength and conditioning coach for the first time in his career. And without my knowledge, he was taking my son to the sauna for hours after training. You could tell by the first round with Lomachenko, something was off. Gary wasn’t himself. He was dehydrated. The sauna is a vampire. Sucks the life out of you.”

But Marvin Thomas claims that what’s being said isn’t true — particularly that Russell Jr. had been using the sauna despite Thomas’ protests. He said he never took past clients to the sauna, including Hall of Famer Mark “Too Sharp” Johnson, current contenders Lamont and Anthony Peterson, and prospect Dusty Harrison.

“I never took them guys to the sauna. I never advised them to go to the sauna. This is on Gary only,” Thomas said. “I told him, you don’t have to go to the sauna. This is not good for you. But he wanted to do it his way.”

Thomas said he’d also been with Russell Jr. for multiple fights, something corroborated by a late 2012 interview Thomas did with boxing website Ringside Report.

He called Russell “lazy” and said Russell “doesn’t like to run.” Other members of Russell’s camp, including his father and brothers, knew about the sauna use, Thomas said.

Russell started out camp for Lomachenko between 140 and 145 pounds, and he was at 128 when they arrived in California before the bout, Thomas said. The conditioning coach recalled that the fighter then went to a sandwich shop, gained a few pounds, didn’t want to run it off and went to the sauna instead.

“Gary is lazy as sh*t,” Thomas said. “Gary was in the sauna every single f***ing day that we were up in California. And his father knew this. This was no secret.”

Russell infamously passed out from dehydration prior to competing in the 2008 Olympics due to wearing a “sauna jacket,” according to a report at the time in the New York Times.

Thomas said he had to sue Russell for non-payment. Maryland online court records show that Thomas filed a civil case in Prince George’s County District Court in July 2014, weeks after the Lomachenko loss, and was ultimately awarded a judgment of $5,000 in November.

sam-jackson-sip-o.gif

@patscorpio