Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
There about six legit opponents in that division. He's getting a homecoming soft touch in his first defense.

And he could've fought any of em. This is the Heavyweight Champion of The World we're discussing here who's best victory was against a dehydrated C+ fighter.

Wilder has already had soft touch after soft touch breh...he doesnt need anymore of them. Molina is a pure bum who was KOd in 1 round by Chris Arreola already....we know Wilder is gonna spark him out. He could've fought Mike Perez:manny:

Julio Cesar Chavez fought some 13-1 chump in his native Mexico after he won the crown. If he takes on a chump on his next bout then there's an issue but I'm not stressing this gimme.

He won the belt from a soft touch breh...he needs to up the ante. Hell, he could've fought Amir Mansour or Shannon Briggs and it would've been a better matchup than vs Eric Molina:yeshrug:

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
And he could've fought any of em. This is the Heavyweight Champion of The World we're discussing here who's best victory was against a dehydrated C+ fighter.

Wilder has already had soft touch after soft touch breh...he doesnt need anymore of them. Molina is a pure bum who was KOd in 1 round by Chris Arreola already....we know Wilder is gonna spark him out. He could've fought Mike Perez:manny:

He won the belt from a soft touch breh...he needs to up the ante. Hell, he could've fought Amir Mansour or Shannon Briggs and it would've been a better matchup than vs Eric Molina:yeshrug:
Stiverne was a top 5 HW. Yeah he's not all that...welcome to the division. It's his first title defense and a homecoming. No surprise here.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
to be fair newz, unless i got the wrong rankings, :lupe:it seems Molina is actually ranked top 10 in the wbc.:leon:

1 .- Alexander Povetkin (Russia) SILVER
2 .- Mike Perez (Cuba/Ireland)
3 .- Tyson Fury (GB) BBBC
4 .- Vyacheslav Glazkov (Ukraine)
5 .- Bermane Stiverne (Haiti/Canada)
6 .- Anthony Joshua (GB) INTL
7 .- Bryant Jennings (US)
8 .- Lucas Browne (Australia)
9 .- Eric Molina (US)
10 .- Andy Ruiz (Mexico) NABF

You're right....but fukk that, he's not a Top 10 Heavyweight in the world:pacspit:

Eric Molina must be affiliated with Al Haymon some how:heh:

Im on my @King P shyt now, fukk the rankings by organizations:birdman:

He's not even rated by the WBA, WBO, IBF, ESPN, THE RING Magazine, or Transational Boxing Rankings Board...cash must have been slipped under the table:mjlol:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

hes actually fighting povetkin soon in a wbc title eliminator to get a shot at wilder later this year.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Stiverne was a top 5 HW. Yeah he's not all that...welcome to the division. It's his first title defense and a homecoming. No surprise here.

He wasnt properly hydrated in that fight, that's why we need a rematch:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
hes actually fighting povetkin soon in a wbc title eliminator to get a shot at wilder later this year.

He could've skipped the eliminator and just got the shot if Wilder was willing to show and prove that he's the future King that alot of us think he is. He already HAS the belt, soft touches should be out the window when defending your Championship

@JoeClair, I forgot to add...JCC didnt defend his belt against that guy though and Wilder is. JCC's was a non-title fight.

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
He could've skipped the eliminator and just got the shot if Wilder was willing to show and prove that he's the future King that alot of us think he is. He already HAS the belt, soft touches should be out the window when defending your Championship

@JoeClair, I forgot to add...JCC didnt defend his belt against that guy though and Wilder is. JCC's was a non-title fight.
Yeah he fought another chump right after that homecoming. That was his first title defense.

If Wilder fights Povetkin after this, does anyone really care? Let him get a soft touch in front of his hometown folk and then back to business.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

yep i forgot that. i hope wilder fights pov-perez winner and jennings later this year.....

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:heh:

Bermane Stiverne was a bum too...he just beat a bigger bum in Arreola:russ:

Ease up breh. Stiverne was severely dehydrated and wilder still couldn't put him down and he don't want no parts of that rematch :birdman:

I see you mentioned that.. He not a bum tho :ufdup:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
LOL I'm assuming sarcasm

Yep:heh:

Yeah he fought another chump right after that homecoming. That was his first title defense.

If Wilder fights Povetkin after this, does anyone really care? Let him get a soft touch in front of his hometown folk and then back to business.

Nope. But I cant see that happening:mjcry:

yep i forgot that. i hope wilder fights pov-perez winner and jennings later this year.....

Me too, I want Wilder to prove the doubters wrong and I believe he can beat all 3 of the names you just listed. He cant be babied WHILE being the Champion at the same time though, so these "soft touches" shouldnt be available anymore.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
There’s a chance that the May 9 edition of Premier Boxing Champions on CBS can improve its ratings, but early returns have the Saturday afternoon televised doubleheader pulling in a 0.9 overnight rating and roughly 1.4 million viewers, according to first-round numbers from Nielsen Media Research.

The overnight rating for the May 9 card from Hidalgo, Texas is slightly down from the April 4 premiere of PBC on CBS, which drew a 1.1 overnight rating and more than 1.6 million viewers on a busy Easter weekend. Adonis Stevenson topped the April 4 show, successfully defending his World light heavyweight championship with a 12-round win over Sakio Bika, in a bout sorely lacking sustained action.

From an entertainment standpoint, the May 9 edition was by far the best PBC card to date since the series first rolled out earlier this year.

Omar Figueroa—fighting mere miles from his Weslaco hometown—took a 12-round decision over Scotland’s Ricky Burns in a battle of former lightweight titlists, and one where many agreed the scores were much wider than the in-ring action indicated. The co-feature was a thriller, as England’s Jamie McDonnell rose from a 3rd round knockdown to edge previously unbeaten Tomoki Kameda over 12 rounds.

Previous PBC events have aired twice each on NBC and Spike TV. The NBC shows aired live in prime time on Saturday evenings, serving as the highest two rated boxing telecasts of 2015. The Spike TV cards aired on Friday evenings, providing mixed results.

The CBS shows will run on Saturday afternoons, a busy time for televised sports. Ratings were down on all networks from this point last year, although there still exists room for PBC’s rating—and all other sporting events from May 9, for that matter—to improve, as sports tend to track upward from original projections.

and

The undercard to Erislandy Lara vs. Delvin Rodriguez is getting packed up. Lara-Rodriguez headlines a Premier Boxing Champions event, televised by Spike TV, from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago.Hot light heavyweight prospect Artur Beterbiev (8-0, 8KOs) will face rugged challenger Doudou Ngumbu (34-6, 13KOs), who some may remember losing a ten round decision to Andrzej Fonfara last November. Ngumbu has only been stopped once, against Nadjib Mohammedi, in June of 2012.Heavyweight contender Artur Szpilka (18-1, 13KOs), and so is top light heavyweight Eleider Alvarez (16-0, 9KOs). Lightweight Jose Felix Quezada (6-0, 5KOs) and super lightweight Eddie Ramirez (8-0, 6KOs) are in action as well.