Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i'm inclined to believe that the PBC premiere on ESPN on July 11th (fighters haven't been announced yet) will feature Keith Thurman in the main event at this point. Am i right?

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Man that canelo-kirkland fight was a big hit with the casuals....ppl on my FB having been raving about it...while some are shytting on the pac-floyd fight talmbout that fight should have been like canelo-kirkland

I was just telling my friend about this. That Pac vs Floyd fight really help this fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Man that canelo-kirkland fight was a big hit with the casuals....ppl on my FB having been raving about it...while some are shytting on the pac-floyd fight talmbout that fight should have been like canelo-kirkland

That's what we need:obama:

I put my 3 of my FB friends onto 5 fights yesterday when they were talking about the Canelo fight on my timeline. I told em if they liked Canelo vs Kirkland, then watch Lucas Matthysse vs John Molina Jr, Omar Figueroa vs Nihito Arakawa, Timothy Bradley vs Ruslan Provodnikov, Victor Ortiz vs Andre Berto, and Orlando Salido vs Terdsak Kokietgym:banderas:

Needless to say, they got off that "Boxing is dead" kick and is waiting for GGG vs Monroe on Saturday:blessed:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's why you need to watch all the fights and not just 2 fights a year

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
It's his first title defense, what did you expect? Besides, other than about three fighters at HW they're all bums.

A legit opponent who is ranked in the Top 10 of the WBC, has more than 3 scheduled 12 rounders on his resume over 25 fights, and hasnt lost both his fights by 1st round KO:manny:

Champions should never fight someone outside of the Top 10 when defending their belts

JoeClair

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The Big Apple
A legit opponent who isnt ranked #45 in the world, has more than 3 scheduled 12 rounders on his resume over 25 fights, and hasnt lost both his fights by 1st round KO:dwillhuh:
There about six legit opponents in that division. He's getting a homecoming soft touch in his first defense.

Julio Cesar Chavez fought some 13-1 chump in his native Mexico after he won the crown. If he takes on a chump on his next bout then there's an issue but I'm not stressing this gimme.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
A legit opponent who is ranked in the Top 10 of the WBC, has more than 3 scheduled 12 rounders on his resume over 25 fights, and hasnt lost both his fights by 1st round KO:manny:

Champions should never fight someone outside of the Top 10 when defending their belts

to be fair newz, unless i got the wrong rankings, :lupe:it seems Molina is actually ranked top 10 in the wbc.:leon:

1 .- Alexander Povetkin (Russia) SILVER
2 .- Mike Perez (Cuba/Ireland)
3 .- Tyson Fury (GB) BBBC
4 .- Vyacheslav Glazkov (Ukraine)
5 .- Bermane Stiverne (Haiti/Canada)
6 .- Anthony Joshua (GB) INTL
7 .- Bryant Jennings (US)
8 .- Lucas Browne (Australia)
9 .- Eric Molina (US)
10 .- Andy Ruiz (Mexico) NABF