Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
at 1:40 kell says :ufdup:"IS NICHOLAS WALTERS NEXT"!.......nikka went rambling bout something else:duck::childplease:

:stopitslime:

He was getting translated information, and if you listen closely to the translator who's talking to Pretty Boy Loma, he never even mentioned the name Nicholas Walters to him:mjpls:

At the end of the day, The Axe Man is already on record saying as of November 22nd, 2014....less than 6 months ago:

"Listen, I have nothing against Lomachenko — he’s won Olympic medals and did well in the amateur game, but he has just three professional fights. If I’m supposed to fight Lomachenko and I beat Lomachenko, everybody’s gonna say, “Oh he beat the guy with four fights,” Walters said to On The Ropes Boxing Radio .

"There’s nothing for me to gain out of beating a guy with three fights. He has more to gain from fighting me than I have to gain from fighting him. I’m the guy that knocked Nonito out and that’s never happened before and I did it."

http://www.boxingscene.com/nicholas-walters-nothing-gain-beating-lomachenko--84548

And then PBL responded to that the very next day with:

"Yes, I read these words Walters [on having nothing to gain by fighting me]. I can say that each individual pursues his own goal in boxing. Someone might only box for the money, some for glory, but someone might simply love to fight for the sole purpose to prove that he is the best and that he is the only true champion," Lomachenko said.

"I have the goal of fighting with all of the best boxers of my weight and becoming the undisputed champion of the world. So if Walters is ready to think in the same way as I do, then I am ready to get in the ring with him."

http://www.boxingscene.com/lomachenko-if-nicholas-walters-ready-im-ready--84605

So, yeah....we gonna need Nicholas Walters to stop ducking that fade:mjpls:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Its a guarantee to do over 1 mill ppv buys
Sure it will because both guys have fan bases but I am talking in terms of the actual in-ring stuff. There isn't going to be anything "mega-fight" about the actual fight in the ring.

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Looks like he's saying see this chin? It's made of glass.

2861401000000578-3070452-image-a-67_1430925410493.jpg

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
:stopitslime:

He was getting translated information, and if you listen closely to the translator who's talking to Pretty Boy Loma, he never even mentioned the name Nicholas Walters to him:mjpls:

At the end of the day, The Axe Man is already on record saying as of November 22nd, 2014....less than 6 months ago:

And then PBL responded to that the very next day with:

So, yeah....we gonna need Nicholas Walters to stop ducking that fade:mjpls:

excuses...why didnt the translator mention it? probably knows hes not as interested as he sounds.:sas1:

meh walters is right and thats far from a duck. let loma get some more fights before tryna get at the number 1 breh. he has like one decent win with gary. also he needs his eyes checked if he thought pac won.:deadmanny:

also here is this...posted on December 15, 2014

“Gonzalez and Gradovich, they are the big names but I will leave all of that up to my managers. I’m just the fighter. All that I do is train. Whoever they say is the next opponent, then that’s who it is. If it’s Lomachenko, then no problem; let’s do Lomachenko. So, listen, I would fight Lomachenko,” said Walters.

“And if it’s Lomachenko and he can go the full 12 rounds, then good for him. But I don’t play for 12. I don’t fight for 12. I don’t do my training to go into the ring and to say, ‘I trained to go for the full 12 rounds.’ I’m going out there to knock my opponent out. If it goes 12, then it goes 12 but I’m going in there to knock the opponent out.”

:birdman:

Last edited:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Oh yeah, if this Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter fight comes off...I dont wanna hear no more shyt about "Broner's scared of so and so":camby:

AB hasnt ever ducked anybody and if it comes to fruition, a fight against the much bigger Shawn Porter (who's fought more fights at Junior Middleweight than he has Welterweight) should squash all that noise:birdman:

Secondly, nikkas on twitter was talking Rances Barthelemy and Zab Judah, and once again, #BandCamp comes out the wood work with something official as I thought would happen:mjpls:

Thirdly, this fight needs to be held in either Cinci or at the Quicken Loans Arena so I can go to it:mjcry:

#BandCamp

:aboutbillions:
You scared though:shaq:

:umad:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
excuses...why didnt the translator mention it? probably knows hes not as interested as he sounds.:sas1:

It's no excuse, it's a fact:mjpls:

Loma wasnt officially asked about Walters, because that's not the question that the translator asked him:yeshrug:

meh walters is right and thats far from a duck. let loma get some more fights before tryna get at the number 1 breh. he has like one decent win with gary. also he needs his eyes checked if he thought pac won.:deadmanny:

also here is this...posted on December 15, 2014

:birdman:

He can try and live his whole career on knocking out Donaire, who was really Super Bantamweight, but it's not like he was the 1st person to beat him.....that belongs to #RiGOAT:banderas:

Also, you brought up Loma's "one decent win with gary". Well Loma's clear destruction of fellow current Champion GRJ, who destroyed the guy who Walters WANTED to face instead of Loma, is looking better and better as GRJ is the #3 ranked 126lber in the world by THE RING behind only Walters and Lomachenko:sas1:

Donaire is after Rigo, Frampton, Cruz, and Quigg at 122 and wouldnt be above GRJ at 126:manny:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
I think he might have had a slight tear, but nowhere near like "Kobe's shoulder" like Bob Arum proclaimed, or Pacquiao wouldnt have been able to throw as many rights as he did after the 3rd round....which is the round he said he re-injured it. He went out through tons of rights in the 4th round:manny:

I hear that s-hit and laugh, I SCORED the 4th for Pac.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Austin Trout to fight Luis Galarza on Saturday

By Bill Knight / El Paso Times / Follow @BillKnighteptWednesday, May 6, 2015 - 12:00 a.m.

It is not the fight he wanted — but it is a fight. It is not a fight for a title — but it is a fight.Austin Trout, the former world champion from Las Cruces, will face substitute Luis Galarza Saturday afternoon in Hidalgo, Texas — a 10-round affair at the catch weight of 157 pounds."I'm just excited to still be fighting," Trout said late Wednesday afternoon from Hidalgo. "I'm glad we didn't waste all that training."Trout, the 29-year-old former WBA world super welterweight title holder, was scheduled to fight Australian Anthony Mundine for the WBC Silver super welterweight title. But Mundine was forced to pull out with a perforated ear drum.Galarza, 33, is originally from Bayamon, Puerto Rico, but now fights out of Antioch, Tenn. He is 20-3 with 14 knockouts. "It's always a letdown when you are not fighting the guy you were scheduled to fight," said Trout's trainer Louie Burke. "It's always a letdown when you are not fighting for a title. But these things happen. It's just another hurdle. Austin can't lose focus. This guy will really be up for Austin. This is a big opportunity for him."Trout and Burke said they have seen Galarza some on YouTube and Burke said, "We can make adjustments when needed. Austin's a veteran. He's a pro."Trout is 28-2 with 15 knockouts. He suffered his only two setbacks in 2013 — losing decisions to Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and Erislandy Lara. He bounced back nicely in 2014 — forcing Luis Grajeda to retire in the seventh round in December and then scoring a lopsided unanimous decision over Daniel Dawson in August (97-90 on all three judges' cards). He is now ready to take his first step in 2015."Training has been good," Trout said. "I spent the first three weeks in Las Cruces and then went back to (Washington) D.C. for three weeks (working with trainer Barry Hunter there). The work was good and I feel good."Trout said, "My weight is good and we are going at 157 now. I'm headed to the gym now for a little shake out. I'm just looking forward to having a fight."Trout will fight early Saturday afternoon. The card from Hidalgo is on Premier Boxing Champions on CBS, beginning at 2 p.m. MDT. The main event is Omar Figueroa and Ricky Burns in a junior welterweight affair. Trout's duel with Galarza will be taped. There will be two 12-round bouts and if there is a knockout in one, Trout's fight will be televised.At this point, though, Trout is just happy to have a fight.