Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Brehs I get free tickets for every boxing event at MSG :blessed: the ESPN rep is a BHop stan :mjcry:

Cant get shyt for Barcleys though only music shyt since Rolling Stone is the rep that deals w them.

You coulda seen the wlad fight b

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I gave :deadmanny: 4....I think there was a 5th were Manny got some shots in late N I felt he coulda got the nod there as well

Its fukking head scratching to me how you could give Lamont 10 rounds N then go N score Manny 5 rounds tho :dead:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it was a clear victory, 8-4. That's why I can see 7-5. Whatever score I have, I can reasonably expect/understand a round or two of difference either way. I have to watch it again to see which rounds were toss ups. Did anyone else find it weird that Lederman gave the 2nd round to Pac? I thought he was being HBO biased, til he ended up with the 117-111 I think.

And like I said in the Fight Thread, Floyd made this closer than it should've been by playing it extra safe. He barely threw the uppercut, and that could've put Pac away if he was consistent with it. He could've walked Pac down more than he did. If he stood his ground and walked Canelo down at times, why not Pac? The moment got to him, the same way it got to Pac.

Ultimately, it's sad that the "Fight of The Century" came down to Pac's inability to cut the ring off. Paulie called it months ago. Pac is basically a mini-Roy Jones/Maravilla, relying on athleticism and exposing his poor fundamentals as it disappears. I'm glad Floyd won clearly, but I wanted it to be more about Floyd's excellence than Manny's deficiencies. I wanted to see that Dragon that Brother Naaz talked about before the Shane fight.
:mjlol: nikka how dare you

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@yawn @King P

The Mexican Hero N Captain Puerto Rico :mjcry:
0U22JQq.jpg

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I give Jr a lot of s-hit but I seriously hope he gets his act together. I've always liked the father/son dynamic in the sport especially if the father was a legend.

He's been trying...

Any other fighter having over a yr off then going against a top 5 fighter in a weight class above them would be praised...jccjr got clowned

he took the L to Fonfara N got right back to the gym putting in work

Theres hope for him at 168:jrcop:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
At least you're consistent

nikkas round here give Swift 2 RDS vs Lamont

Damn near Give Jennings a W over Wlad

N then wanna Give Manny 5 rds over Floyd

Where tf is the consistency :dahell:

Yeah, I tend to favor the "runner", as casuals call them, so I'm usually leaning in that direction.

I have to actually go back and watch Floyd vs Pacquiao again, but off the top of my head, I feel Danny had more success against Peterson than Manny against Mayweather

Both fights had tons of tight rounds, but Floyd was landing a lot more cleaner punches than Peterson did, and Manny threw and landed alot less punches than Swift did....almost 100 less punches:wow: