Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The thing is Roach was actually telling Ruslan the right things and he ignored it. That one isn't on Roach.
His shytty gameplan for the May fight is on him though. Manny probably followed it to a T, and thus got thoroughly outboxed and dominated :yeshrug:
Freddy ain't that good

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Not to argue, but since I respect your and @krackdagawd 's boxing opinions, how'd you score the fight round by round?

I don't have a round by round scorecard like that since I watched it at a fight party. So just going off by memory I had it like this.......

Pac won the 2 rounds where I saw him buzz Floyd, and he got 2 more rounds just off of pushing the action and Floyd not really doing shyt. There was another round that I gave Manny, but I felt it could have gone either way. I think it was the 9th or something like that. That's how I got 115-113, although 116-112 is respectable as well.

So I can legit see Manny winning 4 or 5 rounds. (5 if you were swayed by his aggression in the swing round)

Floyd definitely won the 1st, 11th, and 12th.

A lot of the rounds were uneventful and looked the same so the scorecards will look wide as fukk if you extremely favor Floyd's neutralizing style of boxing which a lot of his stans do for some reason.

I'm being as objective as possible. I wasn't rooting for either guy. I called a draw from the start, and the fight pretty much felt and looked that way until the 11th and 12th where Floyd actually decided he was the better boxer.

Ain't much left to say about that shytty dud of a fight. :mjlol:

Bring on Canelo/Kirkland. :blessed:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I couldn't give Manny any rounds besides the ones where he buzzed Floyd. Floyd's jab was in manny's face all night, same with the hook. Couldn't give Manny any rounds on effective aggression or ring generalship (because he displayed none). Calling someone a stan if they like 'Floyd's neutralizing style' is :camby: ......nobody has ever done that to Manny before. But :yeshrug: we all see it differently.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
we all saw Floyd win but some saw it as more dominant than others. but this happens in our beloved sport..

Exactly

I don't see what the fuss is about. Not everybody is going to automatically give Floyd a round where both guys barely do shyt. Once nikkas get over that, then they'll see how others can have Manny winning more than 2 rounds in that fight. That's basically what it comes down to, but :manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
It wasn't an exciting night of fights, but it was entertaining . As we know it is the casuals who expects a Mayweather fight to be rock em sock em and come away complaining when it is just like every other fight of his.

Lomachenko looked phenomenal. It wasn't the highest level of opposition, but his footwork and way he positions himself to land punches. :ohlawd: Those uppercuts he was landing too. :wow:

LSC looked meh. He is supposed to be a high volume action fighter, yet he wasn't entertaining to watch. Maybe it is because we know who he is going against. He needs to start upping his competition for me to start caring again. I am really skeptical about him going against top competition.

And the main event. It was entertaining, despite the fact it played out like all Floyd's other fights, because we know Pacquiao is the 2nd best in the division and wanted to see if at any point he could impose his skillset.
Floyd looked to me more cautious than I have seen him. He appeared ready to back out with his feet quickly, knowing that Pacquiao lunges in. Pacquiao landed the harder shots in the fight, and by number the most hard clean shots I remember seeing Floyd get hit with. Those were purely based on Pacquiao's skill and despite Floyd's best efforts they still landed. The problem for Pacquiao and what was the question on if Pacquiao could win the fight, was if he could do it enough to hurt or win rounds. He wasn't.
Mayweather for the majority of the fight frustrated Pacquiao by forcing him to reset his position and landed clean counters.
I was surprised that Pacquiao's work rate was so low. A testament to Floyd causing confusion into Pacquiao's game plan.

I had it 8-4 Mayweather. He dominated in a boxing lesson. Pacquiao had his moments and landed clean solid shots in ways other opponents could not.

edit: I would also say that Pacquiao rehydrated to 152...and Floyd looked bigger in the ring...

Last edited:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I had it 9-3 :manny:

I'm still busy ripping casuals to shreds on Facebook, and having too much fun doing it :lolbron:
Man i can do that with a few folks but you'll want to shoot yourself in the head discussing this on any major site that doesn't have a boxing focused forum.

I saw some people ask like they are confused "why don't they just fight until someone knocks someone else out" :dwillhuh::snoop::mindblown:

The stupidity I'm seeing is literally making my head hurt and it's in such vast amounts.