Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
This boy Terrance Crawford might be the most complete boxer since sugar ray Lenard

full

:whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa::whoa:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This boy Terrance Crawford might be the most complete boxer since sugar ray Lenard

not sure how you meant that but people wont take it for the complex statement and context that it should be. people here will take that as you saying he is the best boxer since SRL.

complete doesnt mean that. if you are simply talking tools you have a point. who else as great as they have been have shown a high level of skill in the most coveted areas of the sport? there has always been some sort of deficiency....most of the master boxers lack fight changing power. most of the fast and powerful guys lack in boxing skill. Crawford has above average levels of speed, defense, boxing skill, and power. the biggest question about him now is his chin.

The most complete guys....I would probably say RJJ...although his physicals were much greater than his actual boxing ability...even though he was a decent boxer...just unorthodox. Oscar has a claim, he had the complete offensive package...but I thought his defense was lacking. followed by Tito, Lennox, maybe Evander and prime Mosley on the tail end even though they werent the biggest punchers.

some of the most complete fighters IMO are guys that no one would probably ever say. I thought Vernon Forrest was a pretty complete fighter but probably wasnt as great as he couldve been due to the bad shoulder.

again, that doesnt mean they were the absolute best...because Toney and Hopkins both could be considered better than RJJ. and definitely Floyd (not the best puncher) and Manny (not the best boxer) could be considered better than all of them. I probably would say Whitaker was the best in my opinion and he had everything except power.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
not sure how you meant that but people wont take it for the complex statement and context that it should be. people here will take that as you saying he is the best boxer since SRL.

complete doesnt mean that. if you are simply talking tools you have a point. who else as great as they have been have shown a high level of skill in the most coveted areas of the sport? there has always been some sort of deficiency....most of the master boxers lack fight changing power. most of the fast and powerful guys lack in boxing skill. Crawford has above average levels of speed, defense, boxing skill, and power. the biggest question about him now is his chin.

The most complete guys....I would probably say RJJ...although his physicals were much greater than his actual boxing ability...even though he was a decent boxer...just unorthodox. Oscar has a claim, he had the complete offensive package...but I thought his defense was lacking. followed by Tito, Lennox, maybe Evander and prime Mosley on the tail end even though they werent the biggest punchers.

some of the most complete fighters IMO are guys that no one would probably ever say. I thought Vernon Forrest was a pretty complete fighter but probably wasnt as great as he couldve been due to the bad shoulder.

again, that doesnt mean they were the absolute best...because Toney and Hopkins both could be considered better than RJJ. and definitely Floyd (not the best puncher) and Manny (not the best boxer) could be considered better than all of them. I probably would say Whitaker was the best in my opinion and he had everything except power.

It was clearly pretty boy Floyd or prime Tyson.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

rewatching that 11th round, shyt seemed way worse live. maKNEEsay got wobbled, slowed down for a bit then went right back to picking prov apart. no laying down....no running. dude got hurt, then proceeded to trade shots with prov until the round was over. dude is a beast:whew:.......his quickness and accuracy looked better than ever.

judging from their last fights...lucas, peterson, and crawford lookin like the top dogs in the division now. if lamont from the danny fight is here to stay he's gonna be a problem. i'd put broner up there too but I gotta see him beat a real name first...same with crawford actually. If I were them i'd be trying to make a fight with somebody like brandon rios. he's a solid name and he has the style that would make them look spectacular. danny lost 2 of his last 3 so he gotta take a back seat. the grace period for the khan and maKNEEsay wins is over. can't be holding no crown when you gettin bludgeoned by hererra and lamont peterson. funny how danny and lucas went in completely opposite directions since their fight. lucas fought his way back to the top and danny's stock is at an all time low. fukk 147....I can't see danny even surviving 140 with how all these guys are improving. but for real, 140-147 is just so stacked it's ridiculous. as boxing fans, we're gonna be eating good for years.

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
yea ruslan vs rios would be much better than matthyse/rios. matthyse/rios would be a replay of last night except it would have a much worse result. rios doesn't have prov's power so lucas would be more willing to sit down on his punches and put some combo's together. shyt would get ugly fast for rios.
Prov-Rios is a toe to toe fight fans dream. Rios is crazy for calling out this fight. I don't think his chin or power is as good as Ruslan's and I would expect Ruslan to win the fight.

Ruslan has to have the best chin in boxing right now, right?! Taking bombs from Matthysse and didn't even look like he flinched. :wow:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Prov-Rios is a toe to toe fight fans dream. Rios is crazy for calling out this fight. I don't think his chin or power is as good as Ruslan's and I would expect Ruslan to win the fight.

Ruslan has to have the best chin in boxing right now, right?! Taking bombs from Matthysse and didn't even look like he flinched. :wow:
You gotta wonder what was going through LM's head in that fight.. He was hitting Ruslan with everything he had.. fukked his face up and everything yet the nikka kept coming at him like the T-1000.. never slowed down and was still hurting him for 12 rounds

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: IVS

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You gotta wonder what was going through LM's head in that fight.. He was hitting Ruslan with everything he had.. fukked his face up and everything yet the nikka kept coming at him like the T-1000.. never slowed down and was still hurting him gor 12 rounds
this pot shotting nikka power is overrated he wasn't touted as this massive puncher until Pederson laid down for him

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Love the statements Arum has made about Crawford, and it seems that he's set to give him a big push.

However, I can't help but wonder how much of it has to do with Mikey Garcia going CM Punk on Bob. Let's keep it real, Mikey is the guy who Arum had at the top of his list. I remember talk about Garcia being groomed to fight Manny Pacquiao in the future. It's obvious he was the guy that Arum was gonna give the big push to. Until he opted to sit out and hit him with that lawsuit. So it went to Crawford instead. It's obvious that he's been the biggest beneficiary of Mikey's abscence. Just wonder exactly how much he benefited from it.

It worked out for the better though, because I'd rather move forward with T-Craw than Mikey G. Not only because I think he's more talented, but also because he seems (more likely) to be built for the long run as opposed to Mikey. Garcia has already admitted that his hearts not into boxing, and he doesn't have a passion for it. He just does it because he's good at it, and it makes money. That has the sounds of a guy who's looking to fight (most likely against less than stellar competition) until he lands a big fight or 2, then cash out and leave. No exactly the type of fighter you really wanna build around.