Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Winky school of business will do it to you breh. nikkas will disagree with me and it's all good, but dude really tried to milk that super six win into stardom and greatness. Those wins don't even look all that great anymore when you consider what's popping now.

In a perfect world, Ward would have fought Bute, Froch 2x, Degale or Groves, one of the Dirrell brothers, and maybe at least one fight at light heavy by now.

Instead all we got is drained Dawson and fringe contender Rodriguez. :what::snoop:

:whew:@ the Winky Wright School of business. He provided the blueprint of what not to do.

I applaud Ward's meticulous nature & wanting to get everything in his favor, however I feel part of the business is recognizing that comprises have to be made & sometimes you have to take risk. In boxing, you really go where the money is at whether it's fighting in another country or going to the weight class that is hot at the moment. 168 is a shythole euro division & there's nothing interesting there.

Who do yall want to see Andre fight at 168? Is either Dirrell brother realistic? They go back to their amateur days & the interest just doesn't seem to be there. They both seem more interested in other guys in the division. I believe Anthony would consider it if it were presented to him. He's more rugged than his big brother & his career has more structure. Andre Dirrell seems to be fighting just to fight. I don't know what the hell that nygga is doing.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
:whew:@ the Winky Wright School of business. He provided the blueprint of what not to do.

I applaud Ward's meticulous nature & wanting to get everything in his favor, however I feel part of the business is recognizing that comprises have to be made & sometimes you have to take risk. In boxing, you really go where the money is at whether it's fighting in another country or going to the weight class that is hot at the moment. 168 is a shythole euro division & there's nothing interesting there.

Who do yall want to see Andre fight at 168? Is either Dirrell brother realistic? They go back to their amateur days & the interest just doesn't seem to be there. They both seem more interested in other guys in the division. I believe Anthony would consider it if it were presented to him. He's more rugged than his big brother & his career has more structure. Andre Dirrell seems to be fighting just to fight. I don't know what the hell that nygga is doing.

:russ::lolbron::mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

The sad part about it is that Winky still managed to get some big fights even though he shot himself in the foot numerous times.

He still fought, Shane 2x, Tito, Taylor, and Hopkins. Ward's ego won't allow him to compromise. Dude thinks he's an ATG right now.

Even if Ward doesn't fight the Dirrells, he still got guys like DeGale and Groves, but after that there's not much left. All the big fights are in 175 right now.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
watched that Klitschko bros documentary on HBO :wow: I was totally captivated. Those Russian/Ukranian type Cacs are of a different breed.

yeah it was a really well made doc..i saw that it was back on hbo on demand..i may watch that shyt later

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
yeah it was a really well made doc..i saw that it was back on hbo on demand..i may watch that shyt later
it was on when i got home drunk at like 4am. i stayed up til like 6am or whatever watching it :russ: I couldn't stop. I'd be so :merchant: trying to fight those dudes, they're so damn tall and fast like how tf do you beat that. What surprised me most was their intelligence. I love that Vitali became a politician and is trying to improve his country, he's challenging the status quo of career politicians in his country, wish people tried to do that here. :wtf: @ these skinny ukranian politicians physically pushing Vitali like they won't catch the beating of a lifetime. I just looked it up and apparently he finally was elected Mayor of Kiev, they mentioned in the doc that he kept finishing in 2nd place.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
I am starting a documentary and/or just following around a few fighters this is the very first episode of this project in which I follow heavyweight prospect LaRon Mitchell

:lupe: helluva idea you got there, i don't see anyone else doing this on youtube.

wouldn't surprise me at all if someone attempts to do the same.

Daps
it was on when i got home drunk at like 4am. i stayed up til like 6am or whatever watching it :russ: I couldn't stop. I'd be so :merchant: trying to fight those dudes, they're so damn tall and fast like how tf do you beat that. What surprised me most was their intelligence. I love that Vitali became a politician and is trying to improve his country, he's challenging the status quo of career politicians in his country, wish people tried to do that here. :wtf: @ these skinny ukranian politicians physically pushing Vitali like they won't catch the beating of a lifetime. I just looked it up and apparently he finally was elected Mayor of Kiev, they mentioned in the doc that he kept finishing in 2nd place.
Vitali is such a G:mjcry:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Tim Bradley Slides in, Snatches K9 Bundrage Shot?

While there are reports of IBF junior middleweight belt-holder Cornelius 'K9' Bundrage (34-5, 19KOs) facing WBC middleweight champ Miguel Cotto in June, there is the distinct possibility that Bundrage could instead be facing 'the Desert Storm', Tim Bradley (31-1-1, 12KOs).

Promoter Bob Arum confirmed that Top Rank (which handles Bradley) has had serious discussions with Bundrage and he described the talks as "good.""We've concluded and we're just waiting to get the dates from HBO," Arum told BoxingScene.com.

Could Bunrdage-Bradley be paired with Felix Verdejo on June 13th at the Theater at Madison Square Garden?

"That's a big possibility, we'll see. Or maybe it maybe that we'll do the fight in Mexico City," said Arum.

So if not Bundrage, who does Cotto fight in the summer?

Arum quipped - ''Well, let him fight (Gaby) Penagaricano (who is Cotto's adviser)."

http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-slides-snatches-k9-bundrage-shot--88780
The idea of a Cotto/K9 fight was bad enough but K9 vs BA Bradley?
giphy.gif