Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael Chat Wrap 3/13:

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao:
- Jesse Hart will be on the card, but not the televised portion. Potential it could be streamed. Despite rumors his opponent will not be J'Leon Love.
- TR's televeised fight will be: Lomachenko vs. Gamalier Rodriguez.
- SRL vs. Mayweather/Pacquiao? SRL beats both of them.
- Has not heard anything other than the TMZ report of Mayweather choking his step son last Halloween.
- Wouldn't be surprised to see the fight sell over 3 million buys.
- Ref won't be announced until 3 weeks before the fight, but he is expecting Bayless. He is the best referee in LV and works for the Nevada commission.
- Floyd Sr. not speaking at the press conference was Floyd Jr.'s decision.
- Filmed a commercial yesterday to promote the fight.

The Rest of Boxing:
- Has not heard the rumor of Mundine being Cotto's next opponent.
- Thought there were good things and bad things about PBC's presentation for its first event. Hoping that they evaluate themselves and make changes for future broadcasts.
- What he liked about the PBC broadcast: lighting, ignoring secondary world titles, main event.
- What he didn't like: too many announcers, ring walks, no ring announcer in ring, announcer was bad, no ring card girls.
- Better legacy, Wlad or Lennox? If Wlad were to break Joe Louis' defense record or longest reign record, he probably would rank ahead of Lennox.
- Doubts that Ward-Froch happens.
- Doubts Khan-Broner happens by June. Would be a nice fight if it was made.
- TR's May 1st card will probably be Takahiro Ao vs. Ray Beltran for the soon to be vacant WBO lightweight belt.
- Berto vs. Lopez? Berto by KO.
- Pascal vs. Kovalev? Great matchup, believes Kovalev wins and might be the first to stop him. Pascal winning is an upset, but not that big of one.
- Cunningham vs. Glazkov? Glazkov by decision.
- GGG's next fight will be May 16 vs. Willie Monroe.
- Next opponent for Thurman? Any top WW would be a great opponent. Just personal opinion, he would like to see him face: Maidana, Berto (if he wins tonight), or Khan.
- PBC has not said what their target for television ratings are. NBC said they were pleased with the ratings from the first card and happy they won the 18-34 demographic.
- HBO Now, like HBO Go will not stream the boxing fights live. Available a few days after live event.
- Haymon paid $3 million for Dirrell/Degale. Likely ends up on NBC or CBS afternoon card, then he can resell it to the UK.
- Likes Marv Albert as an announcer, but felt he was rusty for his first boxing broadcast in quite awhile. Also felt that Albert had to coordinate with to many other commentators, rather than just working off and building chemistry with SRL.
- He asked Roc Nation if Cotto was guaranteed $50 million for 3 fights. They laughed and said those numbers were incorrect.
- Heard Lampley's new deal with HBO was for 4 years.
- Porter is fighting Bone. Fight is signed, no matter what you hear on the internet.
- Kovalev is a better one shot puncher than GGG.
- Lots of giveaway tickets for PBC's first broadcast. Ticket sales were not good.
- Does not bet on boxing, except with his friend Steve Farhood - they do $1 bets on over/under number of rounds on televised fights.
- People wondering if NBC requested Haymon to "sterilize" the broadcast? No, the presentation and choices are all up to Haymon.
- Expect Wilder's first title defense to be on NBC.
- Weights from Montreal: Kovalev - 174.3, Pascal - 175; Glazkov - 218.4, Cunningham - 209.6.
- ODH does not get enough credit for the fact he fought everybody.
- We could see Verdejo make his HBO debut June 13.
- Richard Shaefer is one of Haymon's consultants.
- A "chatter" wrote in saying that Keith Thurman walked into the bank in LA he works at to deposit his check ($1.4 million). He talked with him for an hour and took pictures with everyone there. Keith told him he realizes that his inside fighting is something he needs to work on.
- Who would he rather have dinner with, Bob Arum or Don King? Bob Arum because he talks less. He once had dinner with Don King and he could not decide, so he ordered 3 main courses.
- If he had to guess, who does Cotto fight next? K9.
- Commentators for Spike PBC broadcast? Scott Hanson and Antonio Tarver, with Dana Jacobson as the host.

Last edited:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
*awaits #shookboys to come in here telling me how Monroe Jr is some type of killer. :francis:
I already knew this fight was going to be an :yeshrug: matchup before anyone was announced. GGG and HBO wanted that May 16 date, but there literally is no one currently available who is considered a top fighter.
I think matching him up vs. a boxer could make this fight more interesting as it could give GGG some practice vs. fighters who have the skills to move around the ring and won't let him set his feet as easily.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
*awaits #shookboys to come in here telling me how Monroe Jr is some type of killer. :francis:

word, and he aint even the real fukkin willy :camby:

tureano johnson accepted the fight and hbo accepted him as a opponent. golovkin took monroe instead :manny:

i will say this, monroe is somewhat slick southpaw, has solid footwork, something we never seen ggg in there with before. rosado actually did good in the first few round against ggg using movement but, that's not really his style and he's not comfortable doing that. monroe on the other hand is. we'll see how this shyt play out.

Who the fukk is Erik Bone!?

breh, i know layzie, wish, bizzy, flesh and krayzie bone. but i don't know who the fuk eric bone is :wtf:

- Better legacy, Wlad or Lennox? If Wlad were to break Joe Louis' defense record or longest reign record, he probably would rank ahead of Lennox.

fuk outta here :camby: dan needs to start eating some gluten free kale chips and put down the swiss rolls. it's obviously fukkin up his head.

i respect wlad and all and it's unfortunate the division is weak. but aint no way in hell i can put him over lennox. lennox got too many prime good names on his resume, holyfield (future hof), mercer, bruno, vitali, tua, ruddock, tucker, golota. he beat everyman he's ever faced. lennox is top 5 heavyweight imo.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I need some new gloves. My Everlasts have seen better days.
Breh winnings are supposedly the best boxing equipment in the world. With the price tag-they should be. You can get a really good pair of Title gloves for $100 that'll last a long time.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
11015106_948615941829415_6493224400034189130_n.jpg

man, its like I stepped away for a few months and boxing done exploded. man, we eatin good already in 15. all of a sudden it seems like fights are getting made out the azz.

anyway, this is a fight that had to happen. need I say this could be a potential Gatti-Ward trilogy