Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
i said that to @LeVraiPapi yesterday and he was like stop hating...its the truth lol

It's just 1. Bad trainers 2. He's stupid.

I doubt he's stupid cause he was holding after every second like that bum Virgil teaches.

Should have trained with Floyd sr on defense.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
If you've been in a boxing ring, watching berto is hard as fukk. He uses no boxing IQ at all. Just throws punches as hard as possible.
i said that to @LeVraiPapi yesterday and he was like stop hating...its the truth lol

I was frustrated with all 3 of the "stars" last night....but it made for exciting Boxing:manny:

Showtime looked like he was pressing, not letting the fight come to him but instead trying to force the issue....resorting to him taking a lot of flush shots. It seemed like he was trying to secure an early round KO and fought sloppy. His body work combos and fierce attack mode he was in let's me know that if you aren't strong enough to hold him, or fight going backwards, he's gonna get you. Those body shots were like :whoo:

I was totally disappointed in Arreola....totally. He was HORRIBLE and there is no silver lining for him. He should be ashamed of himself, and even though he got the W, it was barely and he went the distance against a dude who was 12-3, including losing 2 of 3 via KO, and had never went longer than 6 rounds. Arreola is a gatekeeper.

Andre Berto decided defense wasn't needed last night:heh: He doesn't box to his abilities....He fights. He's a Mexican fighter trapped in a Haitian body with incredible abs. He's never gonna make it back to the top of 147, because he takes way too many punches. Fortunately for him, he's always the faster opponent in the ring, and he has legit power at Welterweight, and that bails him out like last night. Berto, because of his deficiencies or however you wanna put it, WILL become a star on PBC because he doesn't know how to have an easy fight. He fights to his opponents level, and has tons of :obama: matches in his career....even the ones he lost were exciting fights. I think Berto has found his niche, a crowd pleasing fighter who's willing to go out there and bang for 12 rounds straight if he has too. Whether he wins or loses, we know it's gonna be a good fight if he's involved.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
In an interview after the fight, Virgil Hunter says doesn't want Berto to fight Ortiz again. He admitted it wouldn't be an easy fight for Berto and Ortiz would have all the confidence:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Andre Berto says he wants Victor Ortiz, Marcos Maidana, or Kell Brook next.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Everyone wants the :king:

Could you blame him?:heh:

Everyone sees Maidana is out of shape, so he's obviously not training, and will have a year's ring rust on him when he comes back in September.

They wanna steal a victory over him when he comes back from spending that Broner/Floyd twice money:manny:

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Could you blame him?:heh:

Everyone sees Maidana is out of shape, so he's obviously not training, and will have a year's ring rust on him when he comes back in September.

They wanna steal a victory over him when he comes back from spending that Broner/Floyd twice money:manny:

No one cares if a boxer is out of shape. After Floyd the king is maidana.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
No one cares if a boxer is out of shape. After Floyd the king is maidana.

If a boxer is looking :flabbynsick: and scheduled to fight in less than 6 months....so you know 0 training has been done....PLUS, he's not having a tune up fight after a year's worth of ring rust, you'd be crazy to not be jumping at that opportunity to try and get their name on your resume in their first fight back.

SRL did it to Roberto Duran in the rematch. He seen and heard about how Duran was out of shape, eating whatever, and not training at all....so he demanded the rematch asap and got the easy w for it.

Boxers and their teams pay attention to that type of detail breh

Buster Douglas lost to Holyfield, because he was less talented, but he was also out of shape because he was eating off that Mike Tyson money

Mook

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
If a boxer is looking :flabbynsick: and scheduled to fight in less than 6 months....so you know 0 training has been done....PLUS, he's not having a tune up fight after a year's worth of ring rust, you'd be crazy to not be jumping at that opportunity to try and get their name on your resume in their first fight back.

SRL did it to Roberto Duran in the rematch. He seen and heard about how Duran was out of shape, eating whatever, and not training at all....so he demanded the rematch asap and got the easy w for it.

Boxers and their teams pay attention to that type of detail breh

Srl was better than Duran and Duran always lost to the goats.

Bums like broner and berto call out everyone, but being on the cusp of elite means going through maidana.

Everyone always talks about beating Marcos like he ain't out here like a saiyan, the more punches he takes the stronger he becomes :blessed:

Ring rust is a fallacy to me, wtf is one year off when you been doing this for 20+ years?

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Ring rust is a fallacy to me, wtf is one year off when you been doing this for 20+ years?

I kind of get what you're saying but don't go to the gym for a year and see what its like your first 2-3 months back. His camp is going to be mostly focused on losing fat and Garcia isn't going to want to work on strategy until dude is in decent shape. More than half the training camp goes by and its a recipe for disaster. :francis: