Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dan has said during his chat it is Bone. The fight is signed. Mayfield talk is now internet speculation or misinformation.

Yeah, that's what I read. Dammit, I wanted to see Mayfield get his mouth shut once and for all:mjcry:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
i dont even know who that is... GGG needs that cotto title so we can move on from this fukkery.
He won the Boxcino tournament. Southpaw with some slick boxing skills. His one loss is a SD to Darnell Boone. His last fight he beat Brian Vera and knocked him down in the 5th round (something JCC never did :lolbron:).

Basically the word floating around was that all the fighters GGG really wanted are off the table right now (Cotto, Canelo, Lee, Froch, JCC, Ward). This was a stay busy fight and attempt to get the best guy available.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Monroe Jr but cmon yo, his light hitting ass ain't gonna be able to keep GGG off of him

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So Hard Hitta took the red eye to Ontario jus to find out he wasn't goin fight

NO SHOT :88:

#swiftset :demonic:
iB0PQ3g.jpg

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
You can't blame GGG for taking a stay busy fight, because he could just choose not to fight til he gets one of those big names. But next time out he should take on a SMW to show he can do damage there too. He only has a couple of potential fights left at MW anyway (Canelo, Cotto, Lee, whoever is #2 at MW when Cotto vacates) and he may end up only fighting one more meaningful fight at MW. So why not show everyone how well his power translates to 168?