Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
"The show pulled in 3.131 million viewers last night to finish in third place behind ABC at 4.271 and CBS at 3.993. It got a 1.0 share in the 18-49 market which was above the 0.7 share of ABC. Hardly a great start but respectable for a first time out. Could have been better, could have been worse. What will tell the tale will be how the next show does and whether it can improve on these numbers. We should note that the high of the night was 8 million by broner, but over half stopped watching midway".
:huhldup: real talk Im glad Thurman/Guerrero came through.....I was pissed and kind of worried after the bronner/molina fight:snoop: on some "if the main event ends up being trash":francis: Here we go with the "boxing is dead" talk...

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:huhldup: real talk Im glad Thurman/Guerrero came through.....I was pissed and kind of worried after the bronner/molina fight:snoop: on some "if the main event ends up being trash":francis: Here we go with the "boxing is dead" talk...

I know man, you could feel the lack of energy in the crowd through the TV screen. It had me like :lupe:. The intros felt so bad too....I don't know why they just don't let them walk in like normal events but limit the music to instrumentals if they are worried about language

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how many of the cards are going to be on regular nbc this year?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I didn't like the entrances, but I think it could get better. It was more american gladiators than wwe. If this company and campaign is all about making the fighters individual household names and standing out, then you can't have them coming out in identical entrances with the same music and no show attached to it.

I like the gritty entrances with the entourages, near the people, lights of with spotlight on...but if this is the way they're gonna go, do it up. The commercials I didn't mind because we'll get used to it and the championship rounds were commercial free. Alotta kinks to work out, as with any brand new huge effort. I think it'll get better overall. Don't love Al and Marv, wouldve preferred other guys but whatever...in time.

HBO locked up max and Lampley with new deals this week prob to make sure they wouldn't jump. Hope Al and Marv are just temporary to get the company off nicely since they were boxing guys 30 years ago when it was on network TV. Sugar Ray was good, and having reporters at the corners could get better too...I don't mind the concept, personally.

Post fight coverage was weak, and they barely interviewed Thurman, went straight to the news. The obligations on the sales and programming side might be a bytch, but hopefully they do their best with it over time. Hope it did well in the ratings.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I was a bit shocked how poorly thurman handled guerrero's pressure. dude went from looking flawless almost knocking robert out, then just one round of pressure and his whole demeanor & technique went to shyt. sloppy punches, poor footwork....it was night and day. I knew thurman had some trouble with pressure fighters but that 10th round really exposed it. the world needs to see thurman maidana now. a great clash of styles. if thurman can beat maidana convincingly i'll be a believer. right now I can't see that happening though.

Daps
The overall production was cool, The set, Camera work were top notch....The audio was a lil fukked tho, I could here the producers in the background also I could barely hear the entrance music(Why Didnt they have their own individual music) or the fans... So it looked awkward as fukk when the boxers would walk out...I was let down with ABs entrance the most..this was something made for him,for him to pull a Prince Naseem/Roy Jones Jr type entrance...but:yeshrug: maybe another time.. Marv and SRL were wack together...BJ and Layla in the corners was cool and didnt bother me...

See how everything turns out down the line:manny:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
al michaels, marv and respectfully, SRL need to go.

i rather see some new, younger blood. like gus johnson take michaels spot and see someone like either tarver and or paulie with whoever. time to move on from all them old motherfukkas, marv sounded like he was about to cough up a lung last night :dead:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
al michaels, marv and respectfully, SRL need to go.

i rather see some new, younger blood. like gus johnson take michaels spot and see someone like either tarver and or paulie with whoever. time to move on from all them old motherfukkas, marv sounded like he was about to cough up a lung last night :dead:
my man George Forman cant get a call :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: L68