Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
what's the story with Floyd and naseem? floyd was not on that bracket yet?
Floyd never fought at featherweight. Again, a bigger fighter physically.

Also, he wasn't a big name but was a huge threat and other boxers knew this. No one was going to go out of their way to fight Mayweather.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
With the 1st Barrera fight still in the minds of most boxing fans and an eventual rematch to come, along with the fact that Mayweather was a physically bigger fighter, there's no reason for Morales to take that fight around 01-02 at 130

At the time, I can't see Morales-Mayweather making more money than the rematch to the controversial fight of the year :manny:

Mayweather was always 1-3 weight classes higher than him anyway

The real question is............... why couldn't we have gotten Morales-Marquez :wow:
morales vs JMM..word
also..naseem vs JMM..(nas fought sanchez)..he knew the deallio..nastradamus!!

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
Why Floyd never fought Erik Morales brehs? :leostare:

so i guess you heard about the infamous sparring session they had in big bear. :smugfavre:

morales was at 122-126 and while floyd was at 130. floyd had beef with morales and wanted to fight him but top rank wasn't letting that happen.

if you look real close at the 3rd fight at with pacquaio and morales. there's a nikkka wit a spongebob shirt in the stands cheering for pacquaio as morales getting his ass tagged. wonder who that can be? :sas2:

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
so i guess you heard about the infamous sparring session they had in big bear. :smugfavre:

morales was at 122-126 and while floyd was at 130. floyd had beef with morales and wanted to fight him but top rank wasn't letting that happen.

if you look real close at the 3rd fight at with pacquaio and morales. there's a nikkka wit a spongebob shirt in the stands cheering for pacquaio as morales getting his ass tagged. wonder who that can be? :sas2:
I hadn't heard about this before. I searched whatever i could find and found this (old google groups post from 99)

By Diamond Damon

> Due to numerous requests from readers wanting to know what really happened
> between Erik Morales and Floyd Mayweather when they sparred at Big Bear, CA,
> Diamond Damon went right to the source. Erik was not at home but I did speak with
> Erik's chief second Fernando Fernandez who was there when they sparred. He told
> me that when Erik and Floyd were sparring together on the first day that Floyd
> was trying to teach Erik some of his defensive moves and Erik told him "No way,
> you can't do it
> like that or you'll get hit". Floyd didn't believe him so Erik started started
> feinting him and then peppering him with shots. Fernando said Erik did land some
> big shots on Floyd and that Floyd looked really surprised and eventually stormed
> out of the ring all
> pissed off. The next day they were supposed to spar again but Floyd didn't show
> up, electing to train in the afternoon instead of in the morning with Erik. The
> same
> story was told to me by Erik's brother Diego Morales, the WBO super flyweight
> champion. Boxing Mania! reporter Ramiro Sanchez will be seeing Erik at the fights
>
> Friday night in Tijuana and will try to get more information. Erik is generally a
> pretty
> modest fellow so he'll probably try to downplay it, but I believe it's safe to
> say that
> Erik more than held his own with the larger Mayweather.

Diamond Damon
http://www.boxingmania.com

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.sport.boxing/BroQ1dxBDL0

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Errol Spence says he wants to fight Keith Thurman:leon:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: #Thurminators got bigger fish to fry breh.

Let Spence work his way up a lil more like we had to do. :smugbiden:
Yeah...this dude needs to work his way up the ladder. I liked what I saw in the Olympics so I'm hoping to be on a team Spence sometime in the future. Don't want another Algeri, where they're jumping up too high, too early.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Both fighters got taken to the hospital. Thurman was reported as saying he felt sick. Not a good thing

Hope both guys are ok
damn...hoping its not a subdural hematoma or anything. Same thing that go Liam Nesson's wife and Magomed Abdusalamov. Feeling nauseous and lightheaded hours after being hit in the head is usually sign of that possibly...

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
We be Hulk Hogan Flexin Macho Man Flexin :smugjr:
AynhlFG.jpg