Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with Choc.

ODLH has no other "big name" fighter signed to him outside of Canelo. If Canelo loses, especially in a devasting way, who's gonna take the reigns of Golden Boy and run with it?:lupe: Lucas Matthysse?:ohhh::mjlol:

Canelo is basically carrying the entire GBP on his back:wow:

#CaneloCartel

:blessed:

We know kirkland ain't winning a decision over canelo:sas2:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Pretty much what @Newzz said

Matthysse, the MW CAC they wanna feed to Golopkin, N Diego Delahoya ain't going propell GBP into prominence
whats a trip is Oscar has no problem in feeding canelo to triple g... triple g would give him one of those career type of beatings.

Oscar would be a fool to let him fight triple g.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
No fukking way Cotto/Ward ever happens.

Cotto would have his hands full with any normal middleweight in the top 10. nikkas expect him to duck GGG and fight the one dude cats actually favor to beat or even be competitive with him. :mjlol:

There's a bigger chance of a Trout rematch with Margarito as the special guest referee than there is for a Cotto/Ward fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
No fukking way Cotto/Ward ever happens.

Cotto would have his hands full with any normal middleweight in the top 10. nikkas expect him to duck GGG and fight the one dude cats actually favor to beat or even be competitive with him. :mjlol:

There's a bigger chance of a Trout rematch with Margarito as the special guest referee than there is for a Cotto/Ward fight.

:heh:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cotto To Roc Nation, Conduct Disappoints Top Rank Prez

As Miguel Cotto reunited with Top Rank before his bout versus Delvin Rodriguez in October of 2013, he had pledged his loyalty to Todd duBoef( the president of Top Rank) with whom he had enjoyed a close, personal relationship with. Top Rank had promoted the Puerto Rican to stardom after signing him out of the 2000 Olympics.

After a winless 2012 where he faced Floyd Mayweather and Austin Trout outside the Top Rank banner, he returned to them and notched victories over Rodriguez and then became the middleweight champion of the world with a knockout of Sergio Martinez last June. It was expected that a bout with Mexican star, Saul Alvarez would be next this spring.

Now there are reports coming out that Cotto will be signing a promotional pact with Roc Nation Sports on Thursday. Yes, where there is smoke there is fire.

When reached at his office in Las Vegas, Todd duBoef told Boxingscene.com - "I'm disappointed in their conduct across the board. People can make business decisions and I may not agree with it, but I'll tell you what, when you talk about a relationship - conduct is everything."

As Cotto and his reps turned down a fight with Alvarez (which would've paid him in the neighborhood of $10.5 million) for a period of time there was suddenly radio silence on their end as phone calls and emails from duBoef - who wanted to map out their next move - went unreturned.

''You don't act that way if you know how to handle relationships and it's in your DNA to be professional,"said duBoef.

It was reported that two clients of Top Rank, Brandon Rios and Tim Bradley, were in the running to face Cotto, along with IBF 154-pound titlist, Cornlius Bundrage.

When asked if those two were now off the table, duBoef responded - "Put it this way, I would never, ever, ever, ever dismiss anything on behalf of our duty to what we think is the best for our fighters. I would never, ever, ever, ever dismiss it."

Cotto and Top Rank never formally agreed upon a contract as the boxer returned to the fold in 2013, but instead worked on a fight-by-fight basis.

It's clear that duBoef believes that those in Cotto's inner circle have influenced his decision. It's hard not to think that he's talking about Cotto's legal adviser, Gaby Penagaricano, when he stated:

"If it was a cancer it was in remission. I was able to keep it in remission but eventually it takes over the whole body. I can only keep it in remission for so long."

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-roc-nation-conduct-disappoints-top-rank-prez--88112

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Cotto To Roc Nation, Conduct Disappoints Top Rank Prez

As Miguel Cotto reunited with Top Rank before his bout versus Delvin Rodriguez in October of 2013, he had pledged his loyalty to Todd duBoef( the president of Top Rank) with whom he had enjoyed a close, personal relationship with. Top Rank had promoted the Puerto Rican to stardom after signing him out of the 2000 Olympics.

After a winless 2012 where he faced Floyd Mayweather and Austin Trout outside the Top Rank banner, he returned to them and notched victories over Rodriguez and then became the middleweight champion of the world with a knockout of Sergio Martinez last June. It was expected that a bout with Mexican star, Saul Alvarez would be next this spring.

Now there are reports coming out that Cotto will be signing a promotional pact with Roc Nation Sports on Thursday. Yes, where there is smoke there is fire.

When reached at his office in Las Vegas, Todd duBoef told Boxingscene.com - "I'm disappointed in their conduct across the board. People can make business decisions and I may not agree with it, but I'll tell you what, when you talk about a relationship - conduct is everything."

As Cotto and his reps turned down a fight with Alvarez (which would've paid him in the neighborhood of $10.5 million) for a period of time there was suddenly radio silence on their end as phone calls and emails from duBoef - who wanted to map out their next move - went unreturned.

''You don't act that way if you know how to handle relationships and it's in your DNA to be professional,"said duBoef.

It was reported that two clients of Top Rank, Brandon Rios and Tim Bradley, were in the running to face Cotto, along with IBF 154-pound titlist, Cornlius Bundrage.

When asked if those two were now off the table, duBoef responded - "Put it this way, I would never, ever, ever, ever dismiss anything on behalf of our duty to what we think is the best for our fighters. I would never, ever, ever, ever dismiss it."

Cotto and Top Rank never formally agreed upon a contract as the boxer returned to the fold in 2013, but instead worked on a fight-by-fight basis.

It's clear that duBoef believes that those in Cotto's inner circle have influenced his decision. It's hard not to think that he's talking about Cotto's legal adviser, Gaby Penagaricano, when he stated:

"If it was a cancer it was in remission. I was able to keep it in remission but eventually it takes over the whole body. I can only keep it in remission for so long."

http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-roc-nation-conduct-disappoints-top-rank-prez--88112

:wow:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe I need to take breaks more often....I took this lil break and fights are being made out the ass. man, 2015 is gonna be one of the best years I can ever remember in boxing. maybe I am overhyping it...but a lot of the fights that have been made are the type of fights I like. interesting fights. most of them should have great action as well.

just gonna give my quick opinion on some upcoming fights....

Thurman is the real deal I believe. He is gonna have a tough fight with Guerrero and it may be close, but Thurman is the real deal.....this is gonna be a rough fight but I expect him to put a beating on Ghost.

Molina is a tough customer and he is gonna really get in AB's space. I expect AB to keep pulling off Zab Judahs for a while though and just out-skill-ing/talent-ing his opponents.

Pascal has the perfect opportunity to beat Kovalev. He has the ability to do it as well. Now that we see Kovalev has underated boxing skills, conventional wisdom says he will get to Pascal before its over with. Its an intriguing fight....and one not to blink during the early rounds...because Pascal can definitely catch Kovalev if he comes out cold...and that could be the fight in a nutshell.

People are still sleeping on Steve Cunningham. they need to learn he is no one's OPPONENT. good fight, but wont be surprised at all to see USS take this on decision if he doesnt get held up at gun point.

Garcia-Peterson. Interesting fight. Peterson is a bit tougher than people give him credit for. He may be a tad underrated. Still, he fights very predictable and I expect the Swift game plan to be in full effect and roll for a UD.

Klitschko-Jennings??? glad Jennings is getting a shot at the title.

the Russian vs the Argentinian. never thought the Russian was that good. the Argentinian is a better all around fighter but a slow starter though. could be a recipe for disaster for him.

Canelo-Kirkland....see Klitschko-Jennings.

Lee vs Kid Choc....man, I'd like to see Lee do well in the sport. I like the guy....but he has had lesser guys beating on him like a drum. Lee is always dangerous thats why this fight has intrigue.