Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Goosen always been underrated as a trainer. I think he could really help Junior Jr out (of course this depends on how focused Chavez is.)

Goosen was the one responsible for getting Shane to throw combos again once dude went over board with the muscle heavy one shot at a time power boxing shyt he was on during the Oscar rematch/Vargas fights.

Sechback talks to him a lot. I always make sure to check for his videos when he speaks.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't worry friend I've been called a Manny/Floyd stan one day and a hater the next. :manny:

I just look at it like I'm being fair but firm :smugbiden:

It's hard to apply logic to these guys. You have an Olympic gold medalist, who is an extremely accurate puncher, repeatedly punching these guys in the face & making them miss, with respectable pop on his punches, over the course of 12 rounds. How is that not gonna do damage not only physically, but mentally as well? It's the type of experience that makes fighters come to the realization that they weren't as good as they thought they were. It's hard to accept & it is the type of shyt that ruins fighters. Obviously your gonna have some guys bounce back, but many don't. ATG great fighters like a Mayweather, Hopkins, & Ward who is on the way have ruined some careers & it's overlooked by the casual boxing fan that feels you need to punch like Earnie Shavers where it's really an accumulative of damage that fukks these guys up.

Andre Ward does everything man. He will out box you, he will outwork you, he will bite down on his mouth piece & grind his way to victory like he did Bika.

I've been watching film lately of some of these guys post Andre Ward. All of these guys look like shells of the former self. Only Froch & Bika have done well for themselves, but these guys are just built differently,

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
It's hard to apply logic to these guys. You have an Olympic gold medalist, who is an extremely accurate puncher, repeatedly punching these guys in the face & making them miss, with respectable pop on his punches, over the course of 12 rounds. How is that not gonna do damage not only physically, but mentally as well? It's the type of experience that makes fighters come to the realization that they weren't as good as they thought they were. It's hard to accept & it is the type of shyt that ruins fighters. Obviously your gonna have some guys bounce back, but many don't. ATG great fighters like a Mayweather, Hopkins, & Ward who is on the way have ruined some careers & it's overlooked by the casual boxing fan that feels you need to punch like Earnie Shavers where it's really an accumulative of damage that fukks these guys up.

Andre Ward does everything man. He will out box you, he will outwork you, he will bite down on his mouth piece & grind his way to victory like he did Bika.

I've been watching film lately of some of these guys post Andre Ward. All of these guys look like shells of the former self. Only Froch & Bika have done well for themselves, but these guys are just built differently,

Any boxer would rather get KO'd in 1 round, than take clean punches to the head/body over 36 minutes in a row. I dont know why it's not already understood by everyone. You're right:manny:

Timothy Bradley took WAY more punishment from Ruslan Provodnikov then Duran took from Hearns by getting KOd in 2 rounds:yeshrug:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any boxer would rather get KO'd in 1 round, than take clean punches to the head/body over 36 minutes in a row. I dont know why it's not already understood by everyone. You're right:manny:

Timothy Bradley took WAY more punishment from Ruslan Provodnikov then Duran took from Hearns by getting KOd in 2 rounds:yeshrug:

I disagree

Most fighters would rather go the distance out of pride, but it would really be more beneficial for their career if they just got knocked out

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I disagree

Most fighters would rather go the distance out of pride, but it would really be more beneficial for their career if they just got knocked out

That's what they say. But in reality, I dont think anyone is trying to get that Meldrick Taylor/Gerald McClellan/Billy Collins Jr treatment if they KNEW what's gonna happen.

It's more beneficial to their career to go 12, so people will say they are a Warrior, but health wise...you'd be better off taking that 1st round stoppage then endure a beating over 12 rounds.

Floyd would've REALLY hurt Gatti if that fight was allowed to go the full 12:yeshrug:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
10989149_604331249667550_155696995888701859_n.jpg

#Swiftset ain't even get a phone call :laff:

Let a Mexican put paws on you on Rican soil brehs :wow:

:smugjuventud:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They should have Kirkland sparring in the locker room right before the fight. It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen. It's like he has absolutely no chin within the first 4 rounds. Perhaps an exaggeration but it's on some club fighter type of shyt. After the 4th round all of a sudden it's world class. It's like you have to wake the nygga up

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA
They should have Kirkland sparring in the locker room right before the fight. It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen. It's like he has absolutely no chin within the first 4 rounds. Perhaps an exaggeration but it's on some club fighter type of shyt. After the 4th round all of a sudden it's world class. It's like you have to wake the nygga up
Just like orlando salido too