Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Lou DiBella on Sergio Martinez and GGG future fights:
http://www.boxingscene.com/dibella-on-mayweather-pacquiao-golovkin-canelo--88017

Former World Middleweight champion Sergio Martinez stated last week that he wanted to retire from boxing with a victory, however DiBella was asked if the Argentine should retire considering his recent injuries.

“What he does and what I prefer him to do is two separate things, but I respect him as a man and he will make the right decision for himself. If Sampson [Lewkowicz] and I see that he is in solid physical shape then I could see him having a comeback fight, whether or not that will be his last fight, my sense would be that he would leave his options open.

“I’m sure there is a part of Sergio saying he doesn’t want to go out the way he did, maybe have a fight against someone who is not a world beater but is somewhat credible and see if he can perform well enough to continue.

“I don’t see a long campaign for Sergio Martinez I’m not sure he is going to come back and I’m not sure that he is sure that he will come back until he is completely physically sound and if he did come back I don’t think we would ever see a Golovkin fight. There won’t be a Cotto rematch either, there is no market for it.”

DiBella also admitted that he never had serious talks with Tom Loeffler about the possibility of a fight between Martinez and Gennady Golovkin, however during the same topic of conversation DiBella had a few choice words regarding the medical care that Martinez received in the build up to the Miguel Cotto fight.

“No I never had talks with him [Loeffler] on any serious level and by the way I said this before Sergio faced Cotto, and I did not by the way, all those morons who think that I was aware of some leg injury are f***ing idiots. I would never have sent Sergio into the ring knowing that he was damaged goods but I can tell you that I don’t think he got the best medical care or best doctors in Spain.

“I think a lot of what we believed about his physical soundness had a lot to do with Sergio’s optimism than medical reality and the doctors were pumping smoke up his rear end. He hasn’t been 100% for years. I thought he beat Martin Murray, Murray threw away those last two rounds, Golovkin was coming into his prime, Sergio was on the other side of his career, the timing just didn’t work.”

As a fan of Golovkin, DiBella also made it clear that he has no interest in seeing the Kazakh puncher being involved in fights against opponents where he is a heavy betting favourite and the one fight he would love to see Golovkin in is against Andre Ward. So what is holding up a potential Golovkin-Ward fight?

“Its partially up to HBO because to be honest they have Andre Ward. I don’t give a f*** about any 168lbs fight involving Andre Ward, do you? So maybe sit down with Golovkin and say that maybe you are the same fighter at 168lbs as you are at 160lbs. He isn’t going to be a worse fighter. I would love to see Golovkin fight Ward. HBO can make it happen if they had the backbone to push it, that’s the fight I’d like to see.

“I don’t want to see him in fights where he is 1/20 [at the bookies] to beat opponents, but as long as he’s facing the best available guy then I have no problem with that—he’s doing what he is supposed to do and then the big fight down the road would be Ward.”

Andy Lee is in action against Peter Quillin on April 11 in Brooklyn, New York with the winner mandated to face Britain’s Billy Joe Saunders.

“Yeah that fight is possible, but the ability to generate money in Ireland is completely different than it is in America. My advice to any fighter, particularly one in his 30s that has campaigned for a long time that has a family or is starting one, it’s all about the money. It’s possible but I don’t think Billy Joe Saunders is a star but the winner of Lee-Quillin will have to face Saunders next, that’s the rules and that is the deal we made. Saunders will be next in line for that title shot.

“I was thrilled for Andy and I think we did a great job in helping him to get there, but he did a great job with some dramatic wins in his last few fights and he’s earned it. Andy is a great guy and coming into his own as a one shot knock out artist when he needs it.”

With Mayweather-Pacquiao a done deal, Canelo-Kirkland confirmed for May 9 that leaves Miguel Cotto looking for an opponent. Amir Khan is apparently interested while Brandon Rios and Timothy Bradley’s names have been reported by a couple of sources, before Cornelius Bundrage name popped up this week. The mere mention of Rios, Khan and Bradley as opponents for Cotto bothered DiBella.

“I’d like to see him in with Canelo as a fan,” he said. “I don’t want to see him against Rios that is a mismatch. Cotto is too big and strong for Rios. Bradley doesn’t interest me either. Khan also, he’s an f***ing welterweight, do you want to see that? I don’t want to see it. Bradley Vs Cotto isn’t a PPV fight—I can’t see many paying for that. I don’t want to see him in with welterweights, you going to move a guy up two weight classes and expect people to buy it? C’mon.

“I’d rather see a hard working kid like Tureano Johnson get a shot, I’d rather see Sergio Mora get a shot he’d give Cotto a better fight that those other three. That is maybe self-serving because I promote him, but at least put him in with someone his own size. I’d rather see Demetrius Andrade it’s someone more his own size, he is young and fresh. I don’t want to hear names of guy’s two weight classes below. Who is the best 154lbs fighter on the HBO side of the table? I’d rather see Lara against Cotto, size wise it’s an appropriate fight and he could box his ass off. As for Golovkin, he would knock Cotto through a wall but I would like to see it.”

Saul Alvarez has recently stated that he would have no problem facing Golovkin; however, if DiBella was looking after the Mexican star there would be no way that fight would be happening. He said: “I hate that fight for Canelo, for the fans it would be a good fight but for Canelo that would be one way to end a young career.

“If I had Canelo, I wouldn’t let him near that f***ing fight, you would have to be a f***ing moron to let that fight happen. He has zero chance, he would get his f***ing ass whopped all over the f***ing ring and worse than what Mayweather did. It’s a bad match up. Mayweather is not a puncher, but he is not a guy that is going to do you permanent damage—he’s not a guy that is going to so f*** up your psyche that you are never the same fighter. Golovkin would hurt him. If he was 32 then maybe, but not when the kid is 24 or 25 years old.”

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm watching against the ropes right now on bounce tv

I don't think I ever saw the whole movie

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I'm dyckriding Ward, but yet I'm one of the main ones in here clowning him year after year for his business decisions. Nyggas really believe you have to be Mike Tyson to ruin careers when the reality is getting beat on by an accurate puncher with just enough pop for 12 rounds does significant damage. Ignore the records here. Look at the film. Just watch how these guys fight after they've been in there with Ward.

Your not gonna sit here & tell me Kessler & AA where the exact same fighters after they lost to Ward.

I agree Froch is Kessler's best win, but it doesn't mean Kessler wasn't past it. It was the last fight he had left in him. Kessler barely beat Froch because Andre Ward shot him. The snap he had on his jab & his punches where gone. He use to be extremely sharp. All of a sudden he's sloppy? He had to outwork him just to win the fight. Froch is deceptively good, but he didn't make Kessler all of a sudden lose the snap on his punches.

Let's not act like AA didn't look like a better fighter before Ward either.

We are gonna agree to disagree. The film is there so I'm not just saying this shyt for no reason. Your looking at records. I'm looking at how these guys are fighting.

Look at what he did to poor Chad Dawson, who is getting knocked out in the first round & losing to guys I've never heard of before.

Don't worry friend I've been called a Manny/Floyd stan one day and a hater the next. :manny:

I just look at it like I'm being fair but firm :smugbiden:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Prob going to see Jerson this weekend, one of our friends from the old hood got killed yesterday :mjcry:

See what's up with his boxing career and what gym he's at, I need to get back to a legit boxing gym, I like the mma brehs I move around with now but shyt's not the same :francis:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
anyone want to make the thread for berto/lopez & porter/garcia for the spike card on the 13th?

I'll let @LeVraiPapi or @Mook make it, since they are #1 stans of Andre Berto (Levrai) and Shawn Porter (Mook). If not, I will since "The Ohio Powerhouse" aka "Showtime" Shawn is representing for my city:obama:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
If not, I will since "The Ohio Powerhouse" aka "Showtime" Shawn is representing for my city:obama:
hi-res-13363eb45df161609478b6601bbac88a_crop_north.jpg

#specialones still have a foot on that neck :sas1: