Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:wow:

38 Champions?:dead:
That includes interim champs, to my knowledge the IBF doesn't do that at all (though they're making an exception at Cruiserweight) and neither does the WBO. WBC made an exception with Marco Antonio Rubio last year because...

The Championship contest was ordered by the WBC as a result of an agreement between the popular sanctioning body and the 33 year old fighter which originally stemmed from a grievance filed in February 2012, following Rubio’s loss to then Middleweight title holder Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in San Antonio, Texas.

The formal complaint was issued to the WBC after the sanctioning organization and the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation failed to enforce post-fight drug testing subsequent to the February 4th, 2012, decision loss to Chavez Jr.
Although Rubio was initially promised a shot at lineal Champion and current WBC “Diamond” belt holder Sergio Martinez in 2013 as part of the agreement with the World Boxing Council, the Argentine southpaw was sidelined as a result of a string of debilitating injuries suffered during his last outing with Martin Murray on April 27th and wasn’t able to compete.

A final agreement was made between Rubio, Martinez, and the WBC several months ago, which allowed the pound for pound fighter to defend his universally recognized championship with future Hall of Famer and three division titlist Miguel Angel Cotto on June 7th, pending an interim title bout between Rubio and Spada, and a future date with the winner of Martinez/Cotto.

Rubio's management/promoters somehow convince him that an unification bout with GGG would be better than Miguel Cotto and now the WBC is waiting on Cotto to make a voluntary as they have yet to designate a time limit to his voluntary defense status.

I'd also like to correct myself, interim champions from either sanctioning body ARE recognized as world champions from all 4 organizations.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
That includes interim champs, to my knowledge the IBF doesn't do that at all (though they're making an exception at Cruiserweight) and neither does the WBO. WBC made an exception with Marco Antonio Rubio last year because...

Rubio's management/promoters somehow convince him that an unification bout with GGG would be better than Miguel Cotto and now the WBC is waiting on Cotto to make a voluntary as they have yet to designate a time limit to his voluntary defense status.

I'd also like to correct myself, interim champions from either sanctioning body ARE recognized as world champions from all 4 organizations.

It's crazy. That's why I like the fact that Canelo refused to face Lara for the "WBA Junior Middleweight Championship", because it's stupid. Canelo knew he lost the belt to Floyd...how is Lara a Champion?:dahell:

How is Keith Thurman a WBA Champion at 147....Floyd has never lost the belt:snoop:

Jessie Vargas?:what:

Ruslan Chagaev?:dahell:

Juergen Braehmer?:what:

Daniel Jacobs, Scott Quigg, and Carl froch?:mindblown:

Im just tired of all these belts. They need to get back to at LEAST 1 Champion per division/per organization:birdman:

The WBA is out of control:camby:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
maxresdefault.jpg
How has no one made a smiley out of dude in the black cap yet?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
It's crazy. That's why I like the fact that Canelo refused to face Lara for the "WBA Junior Middleweight Championship", because it's stupid. Canelo knew he lost the belt to Floyd...how is Lara a Champion?:dahell:

How is Keith Thurman a WBA Champion at 147....Floyd has never lost the belt:snoop:

Im just tired of all these belts. They need to get back to at LEAST 1 Champion per division/per organization:birdman:

They eating too good off of them sanctioning fees though.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps

Jessie Vargas?:what:

Ruslan Chagaev?:dahell:

Juergen Braehmer?:what:

Daniel Jacobs, Scott Quigg, and Carl froch?:mindblown:

They really are, and the fact that no one is constantly checking them, from boxing journalists/writers, on-screen analysts, to boxing publications in general is criminal.

Putting the other 3 aside for a moment, the WBA has been needed to be called out and addressed, even by the other big 3. The WBO is already on that :rudy: towards the threesome PR stunts meetings between the WBC, WBA, and IBF so it seems like nothing is going to get better, only.............worse.

Aight aight aight, check this out, B. Worst cast scenario... the IBF and WBC see the WBA's business model and think, "shyt, we ain't eatin!" and elect to start making super, world and interim champions in each division. That's 10 champions for each division. On some new-age, "everybody's a winner" little league shyt :mjcry:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Newzz

Supporter
Daps