Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Chavez-Fonfara: Gonzalez vs. Russell May Land on Card
Posted by: Miguel Rivera on 2/2/2015 .

By Miguel Rivera

World Boxing Council featherweight champion Jhonny Gonzalez (57-8, 48KOs) revealed that April 18th has been mentioned to him as a possible date for an upcoming defense against Gary Russell Jr. (25-1, 14KOs). The champion stated on Friday that a fight with Russell is nearly 90% done. He also said late March is possible as well, with March 27 and March 28 being kicked around.

If the fight is finalized for April 18th, it would certainly become the co-feature to the light heavyweight contest between the returning Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Polish contender Andrzej Fonfara.

"He is the confirmed opponent, it will be him. We only have to define the date and place," Gonzalez said.

Russell suffered his first career defeat last June at the hands of two-time Olympic gold medal winner Vasyl Lomachenko. He returned with a win in December, gaining a unanimous decision over Christopher Martin.

Gonzalez has been promised a three fight spread from Russell's manager Al Haymon, with fights to come against Haymon-managed Abner Mares and Leo Santa Cruz if the champion beats Russell.

will this be on NBC or SHOWTIME? :patrice: imagine the numbers chavez jr would bring in to network tv :wow:

@patscorpio @SuikodenII

:sog:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/shaw-lea...es-gary-shaw-productions--86986#ixzz3Qcsh7zNu
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
The union between Gary Shaw and Roc Nation Sports certainly didn't last long. After coming with much fan-fare - with all his boxers in tow - Shaw confirmed to Boxingscene.com that he was splitting from the fledgling boxing operation and going back to his old business, Gary Shaw Productions.
"We had an amicable separation on Friday where we had never actually closed all the documentation to the deal and they were very kind,"Shaw confirmed to Boxingscene.com on Monday."Anything I had signed is now ripped up, for lack of a better term, and GSP, I always had the office. That was never moved, all bank accounts, they never changed. Whoever was with GSP before, is still with GSP."
Shaw's stable of boxers includes the likes of Tureano Johnson, Jose Pedraza, Thomas Dulorme and heavyweight Bryant Jennings, who is scheduled to face heavyweight champion, Wladimir Klitschko, on April 25th at the Madison Square Garden in New York. Shaw says that he will be the co-promoter of that fight alongside K2 Promotions.
The veteran promoter isn't the only one to leave Jay Z's company, matchmaker Ron Scott Stevens left his post shortly before their first card on January 9th after a short stint with Roc Nation Sports.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
For the sake of #SOGGang please let there not be any fukkery afoot :mjcry:

We've shed enough tears :to:
What fukkery? SOG's deal is signed. He's good.

From what I've heard, Gary Shaw was difficult to deal with and Roc Nation didn't particularly care about his roster anyway. Shaw is an old, crazy guy that's used to running things, and he couldn't do that there. It says a lot that they terminated the deal and let Shaw walk with his roster.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/shaw-lea...es-gary-shaw-productions--86986#ixzz3Qcsh7zNu
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
The union between Gary Shaw and Roc Nation Sports certainly didn't last long. After coming with much fan-fare - with all his boxers in tow - Shaw confirmed to Boxingscene.com that he was splitting from the fledgling boxing operation and going back to his old business, Gary Shaw Productions.
"We had an amicable separation on Friday where we had never actually closed all the documentation to the deal and they were very kind,"Shaw confirmed to Boxingscene.com on Monday."Anything I had signed is now ripped up, for lack of a better term, and GSP, I always had the office. That was never moved, all bank accounts, they never changed. Whoever was with GSP before, is still with GSP."
Shaw's stable of boxers includes the likes of Tureano Johnson, Jose Pedraza, Thomas Dulorme and heavyweight Bryant Jennings, who is scheduled to face heavyweight champion, Wladimir Klitschko, on April 25th at the Madison Square Garden in New York. Shaw says that he will be the co-promoter of that fight alongside K2 Promotions.
The veteran promoter isn't the only one to leave Jay Z's company, matchmaker Ron Scott Stevens left his post shortly before their first card on January 9th after a short stint with Roc Nation Sports.

Looks to me like AB made the right decision:sas1:

#BandCamp

:sas2: