Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
joel julio will always get props from me for completely destroying K9 in a wonderful fight :mjcry: but man on every step up fight he got on a somewhat big stage he lost..quintana, kirkland, dzinziruk, and angulo :smh:

youre a better man than me for rewatching vitali-gomez lol...and i try not to get :mjcry: watching my bredren sam, losing his discipline after losing his belt, lose to eddie

That's true, Julio was the only dude that just went and buzz sawed through K9. I always figured why nobody else wanted to do the same instead of just letting this nikka always keep a belt on his waist.
When Ouma lost to K9 I was :dwillhuh: Julio was the perfect example of a C level guy. He could never get over that hump.

I couldn't rewatch all of Vitali/Gomez, but I did make it a point to catch some rounds since there was actually a thread about Gomez in here about him having next. Truthfully he wasn't even as good as Bryd (who hardly ever gets props but whatever) Gomez was fighting in slow motion after the 1st round.

I thought Peter would have did more at Heavy than he did. He got a gift from Toney in the 1st fight and legit beats his ass in the rematch, but then that was like it. Just hit and miss afterwards.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I love rewatching old fights while blazing. I never re-score, but I do (like you said), pick up little things/tendencies that a fighter does and how it could be applied in future fights. Also, I like to see how they were viewed back then to where they are now. It's amazing...like a Boxing Time Capsule:ahh:

:salute: yeah breh that shyt is a boxing Time Capsule. I rewatched Bryd/McCline on Monday night. Jameel's big ass had Bryd dropping all types of combos to keep him off. I think it was in the 7th round Bryd hit dude with a 6 punch combination. You don't even see heavies do shyt like that anymore. nikka landed 39 punches out of 76 in one round on a guy with a 56 pound weight advantage. He was legit hurting and stunning dude in the last couple rounds.

:heh: at Lampley's sound effects for Bryd/McCline. nikka was saying whack, whack, whack, when them hands started flying. Made me think about that Bam, Bam, Bam shyt he said from Manny/Clottey.

As for Kirkland, dude fights the same way he does now back then. Like if you compare him from Julio to the Tapia fight. It's just that his defense and stance was a lil tighter. Kellerman was on Kirkland's dikk mad hard (no homo) during that broadcast. Dude was saying shyt like, "If you're channel surfing, stop right now."

I also forgot how bad Lennox sucked at commentating. :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That's true, Julio was the only dude that just went and buzz sawed through K9. I always figured why nobody else wanted to do the same instead of just letting this nikka always keep a belt on his waist.
When Ouma lost to K9 I was :dwillhuh: Julio was the perfect example of a C level guy. He could never get over that hump.

you have no idea how much K9 annoys me breh...this dude should have been outta here once ishe beat him for the belt..yet he continues to hang around while nikkas like @yawn and @Q Money see fit to remind me that dude gave molina his worst loss yet..stylin on me talking that molester stuff :sadcam:..well i hear julio is making a comeback of some sorts...im hoping for a rematch

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
you have no idea how much K9 annoys me breh...this dude should have been outta here once ishe beat him for the belt..yet he continues to hang around while nikkas like @yawn and @Q Money see fit to remind me that dude gave molina his worst loss yet..stylin on me talking that molester stuff :sadcam:..well i hear julio is making a comeback of some sorts...im hoping for a rematch

I thought K9/Ishe could have gone either way. I wasn't impressed by either that night.

As for Julio making a comeback. I'll just have to see that. Dude seemed finished. Maybe him and Molina can fight each other and the winner gets K9 again.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You're trying real hard to sound excited for AB facing a jobber. Stop the facade :mjlol:

Did that come off as an excited post?:dahell:

Molina is an average fighter. Yall hopped on his bandwagon because he gave Matthysse more trouble than yall thought, and then tried to say AB couldnt beat him.......and it's almost time to pay the piper:ahh:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
WBC's Sulaiman Wants Answers From Danny Garcia :mjpls:

By Miguel Rivera

WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (29-0, 17KOs) has not made a defense of his titles in almost a year. He defended the belts last March against Mauricio Herrera and then had a non-title fight against Rod Salka in August. Garcia is back on April 11th in another non-title fight, facing Lamont Peterson at a catch-weight of 143-pounds.

WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman admits his organization is in the dark on what Garcia is planning. They want answers from him, because Garcia said last year he was moving up to the welterweight division.

"Up until this point we only know what's been said in the media. Once we receive the official information [from Garcia on what he intends to do] then the Governing Board will make a decision, but so far we can not comment on that," said Sulaiman to ESPN Deportes.

Strip his sandwich eating asss

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Did that come off as an excited post?:dahell:

Molina is an average fighter. Yall hopped on his bandwagon because he gave Matthysse more trouble than yall thought, and then tried to say AB couldnt beat him.......and it's almost time to pay the piper:ahh:

Lucas is a bum too though :mjlol:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
:salute: yeah breh that shyt is a boxing Time Capsule. I rewatched Bryd/McCline on Monday night. Jameel's big ass had Bryd dropping all types of combos to keep him off. I think it was in the 7th round Bryd hit dude with a 6 punch combination. You don't even see heavies do shyt like that anymore. nikka landed 39 punches out of 76 in one round on a guy with a 56 pound weight advantage. He was legit hurting and stunning dude in the last couple rounds.

:heh: at Lampley's sound effects for Bryd/McCline. nikka was saying whack, whack, whack, when them hands started flying. Made me think about that Bam, Bam, Bam shyt he said from Manny/Clottey.

As for Kirkland, dude fights the same way he does now back then. Like if you compare him from Julio to the Tapia fight. It's just that his defense and stance was a lil tighter. Kellerman was on Kirkland's dikk mad hard (no homo) during that broadcast. Dude was saying shyt like, "If you're channel surfing, stop right now."

I also forgot how bad Lennox sucked at commentating. :mjlol:
rewatch old slick c00n :troll: vs TITO.

The amount of dikkriding that George was doing :mjlol:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
rewatch old slick c00n :troll: vs TITO.

The amount of dikkriding that George was doing :mjlol:

big george became that warm cuddily daddy george..with the ass licking for the very purpose of making his bosses happy.
george calling the naz v kelly fight was WOAH..lol
but i liked it..that fight was just ill.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Rigondeaux Praises De La Hoya For Santa Cruz Stance
Posted by: Random Hits on 1/28/2015

MIAMI - World Boxing Association (WBA) Super, World Boxing Organization (WBO) and The Ring Magazine super bantamweight champion Guillermo "The Jackal" Rigondeaux (15-0, 10 KOs) is encouraged by reports that World Boxing Council (WBC) title-holder Leo Santa Cruz' promoter, Oscar de la Hoya, believes a Rigondeaux-Santa Cruz unification fight has to happen.

The 34-year-old Rigondeaux, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, has been restricted to Asia for his last two fights, subsequently in low-profile matches, due to the lack of desire by any world-class super bantamweight to challenge the Cuban star.

Rigondeaux stopped WBO No. 6 rated challenger Hisashi Amagasa (28-4-2, 19 KOs) after 11 rounds in Osaka, Japan this past New Year's Eve. Last July, "Rigo" knocked out Sod Kokietgym (62-2-1) in the opening round of their fight in Macao, China.

"It's good to know that Santa Cruz' promoter has stated that our unification fight has to happen," an ecstatic Rigondeaux said. "I want to add his (WBC) green belt to my WBA and WBO championship collection. I've wanted this fight for some time. Let's hope this is not just idle talk. Let's do it!"

Rigondeaux vs. Santa Cruz (29-0-1, 17 KOs) would be a classic showdown between ethnic boxing arch-rivals, respectively, Cuban and Mexican fighters who now live in Miami and southern California.

"I have contacted Golden Boy Promotions many times to ask about making a fight between 'Rigo' and Santa Cruz," Rigondeaux' manager Gary Hyde added. "They always answered by saying they were interested in making this fight but not at that time. Yesterday, after learning Oscar said this fight has to happen, I reached out to Golden Boy and can confirm that negotiations have commenced. Myself and Caribe Promotions, 'Rigo's' promoter, will endeavor to make this fight happen as soon as possible.

"Once 'Rigo' beats Santa Cruz for his third world title belt - fourth if you count The Ring Magazine - a fight against International Boxing Federation (IBF) champion Carl Frampton (19-0, 13 KOs) would have to happen in order to determine the undisputed super bantamweight champion of the world."

http://www.boxingscene.com/rigondeaux-praises-de-la-hoya-santa-cruz-stance--86817

:ohlawd: