Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I was very impressed by Wilder. He had a good jab, showcased his right hand when needed, didn't gas out and took some good shots. He still has some improvement concerning his footwork at least, and in my opinion he needs to go to the body in future fights to at least give his opponents something to think about so he can land that right hand even easier. But all in all, a solid performance capped off by a great post-fight interview where he came off as a confident babyface instead of a cocky heel. Deontay Wilder is an American Boxing star in the making, and one that is going to be surely needed when the likes of Floyd step down. He, Crawford and Broner are part of the future for boxing in the USA, and I like my chances with those three guys.

Stiverne disappointed me, though. He didn't cut the ring off, he waited too much with his catch and shoot, and he didn't seem to press enough to Wilder to make it more of a dog fight and take him into deep waters. I hope he bounces back strong, though.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I was very impressed by Wilder. He had a good jab, showcased his right hand when needed, didn't gas out and took some good shots. He still has some improvement concerning his footwork at least, and in my opinion he needs to go to the body in future fights to at least give his opponents something to think about so he can land that right hand even easier. But all in all, a solid performance capped off by a great post-fight interview where he came off as a confident babyface instead of a cocky heel. Deontay Wilder is an American Boxing star in the making, and one that is going to be surely needed when the likes of Floyd step down. He, Crawford and Broner are part of the future for boxing in the USA, and I like my chances with those three guys.

Stiverne disappointed me, though. He didn't cut the ring off, he waited too much with his catch and shoot, and he didn't seem to press enough to Wilder to make it more of a dog fight and take him into deep waters. I hope he bounces back strong, though.
I was absolutely shocked that Wilder was able to shake off some of Stivernes hook and stick to his gameplan. Really all he'll ever need is that 1-2 and a stronger base. His arms are too long to even try any fancy punches. Stick w the one two maybe mix in a hook to the body, and some footwork a nd he'll be in good shape for a while.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Sources with knowledge of the details have advised BoxingScene.com that Canadian superstar Lucian Bute (31-2, 24KOs) has aligned himself with powerful manager/adviser Al Haymon.

Despite last year's setback against Jean Pascal in January, Bute is still regarded by most insiders in Canada as the most popular boxer in the country, especially in the Canadian boxing hotbed of Montreal.

Bute's last outing was a decision loss to Pascal in January 2014. He was scheduled to return on December 6th at the Bell Centre, but suffered a back injury in training and was forced to withdraw. After the loss to Pascal, Bute started training with Freddie Roach of the Wild Card Gym.

Although he suffered that recent loss, Bute's drawing power was still evident as the year closed out. While Bute was headlining the December date, the man who beat him, Pascal, was placed underneath as the co-feature.

Besides his worth in Canada, Bute is one of the most popular athletes in the country of his birth, Romania.

Another Canadian star is a part of Haymon's huge stable, WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson.

Haymon's big signing comes on the heels of Golden Boy Promotions' latest acquisition of middleweight puncher David Lemieux, who is popular in the country but not yet at the level of Bute, Pascal or Stevenson. Haymon and Golden Boy Promotions agreed to part ways two weeks ago, with nearly all of Haymon's fighters leaving Oscar De La Hoya's promotional banner.

After signing an army of talent in 2014, Haymon has acquired at least a dozen or more fighters since the start of 2015 and his new boxing series premieres on network television, NBC, on March 7th from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
briggs is a desperate troll but don't tell me wilder doesn't have
troll-face---problem_17-623203123.jpg
face!!!!

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

This nikka Al Haymon is like the New York Yankees of Boxing....he signs everyone with a name:wow: