Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
$_57.JPG

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Imam looked like the goods. Great power and composure. He now gets added to the coveted list of #FloridaBoyz lead by #Thurminator. :ohlawd:

Amir from upstate NY
Breh.....you can't seriously believe Amir Imam can beat Adrien Broner right now:wow:

They outchea tryna end my man Amir's career:damn:

Let him knock out some more Mexicans and grow his name and skill

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Amir from upstate NY

They outchea tryna end my man Amir's career:damn:

Let him knock out some more Mexicans and grow his name and skill

Amir still a nice young prospect. He hasn't even faced a gatekeeper yet and they wanna throw him in with the 3x Champion In 3 Different Divisions:wow:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Amir from upstate NY

Well, he's good with me as long as he keep training down here. :mjcry:

WInky ain't from Florida either, and we still claim him.

As for Imam/Broner. That's a good toss up type of fight, but I'd slightly favor Broner due to his experience. He definitely couldn't take that kid lightly though.[

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/jennings-klitschko-fight-done-april-25-msg--86449
By Mike Coppinger

LAS VEGAS -- The heavyweight division is picking up steam.

Moments after Deontay Wilder lifted the title from Bermane Stivene, we have news of another big heavyweight fight for the spring.

Bryant Jennings broke the news to BoxingScene.com that he will be fighting Wladimir Klitschko for the heavyweight championship.

"It's happening. It's done. April 25, Madison Square Garden, New York City," Jennings said.

The fight was reported to be done earlier this month, but that was before Jennings (19-0, 10 KOs) officially joined Roc Nation Sports' stable following a deal with Gary Shaw.

The deal reportedly hit a snag after that, but it appears those issues have been resolved. MSG is a departure from the previous reported location of Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Klitschko has two fights left on his three-fight deal with HBO, and this will surely be televised on the network.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as far as bute

Dirrell

I have no idea what to expect from that fight. Dirrell has spent the last four years fighting bums. Bute, although he's suffered a couple of losses, at least has been fighting tougher guys.

stevenson vs bute is a pretty predictable outcome

Daps
Put a flat top on him. They had to quote Larry Holmes for this piece too...

LAS VEGAS -- Bermane Stiverne, who was listless and didn't let his hands go nearly enough Saturday when he lost his WBC heavyweight title to Deontay Wilder, remained hospitalized because of severe dehydration.

Stiverne was taken to University Medical Center following his wide unanimous decision loss to Wilder at the MGM Grand Garden on Saturday. He did not attend the post-fight news conference and was taken to the hospital for a precautionary examination.

But doctors discovered he was badly dehydrated and admitted him. He remained hospitalized on Sunday, though trainer Don House said he was in good spirits.

Promoter Don King was puzzled after the fight why Stiverne, who entered the bout having been impressive in back-to-back exciting, high-action victories over Chris Arreola, was so reticent to punch.

King told Yahoo Sports Sunday that former heavyweight champion Larry Holmes had texted him during the fight and urged him to tell Stiverne's corner to pour water on him because he noticed something wrong.

"It turns out that Larry Holmes is a very wise and observant man and knows of that of which he speaks," King said. "I came over to the hospital as soon as I heard and they're saying it was amazing that he was able to stand up. They're giving him intravenous. But this explains to me why he fought the way that he did.

View gallery

thm-600x600_TravisRodgers_G2AcNvt2WZndriyyOrfxd6wMDa5vdqoZnuEAm46_2KszyxEXY0JYNIfDuMfel6c.UFY7pxVFQFU-

Promoter Don King

"In watching him, I'm saying to myself, 'Where is the guy who fought Arreola twice?' We didn't see that guy and I was shocked. Now, we know why."

House said Stiverne was coherent during the fight, but admitted that he was unable to get his punches off like he wanted. House said Stiverne trained hard in camp, but said he didn't monitor his nutrition and fluid intake the way he should have.

He said that will be a priority for Stiverne moving forward.

"He said that he wasn't bothered too much by [Wilder's] punches, but he was unable to get off with his own," House said. "We knew in the corner that something was wrong. He was talking to us but he wasn't able to perform like he had been."

King said he hopes to get a rematch. He said he doesn't want to get in the way of Wilder, who wants to face Tyson Fury if he is not required to face mandatory challenger Bryant Jennings. Jennings' team is in talks for a bout with unified heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko, which would give Wilder the opportunity to face Fury.

At some point, though, King wants to put Stiverne back in the ring with Wilder so that Stiverne can fight without issues.

"I am worried about the young man's health and that's why I have been here with him," King said. "But in a way, I'm glad we learned this. Everything I saw in the fight contradicted what he had done in his other fights. But this explains it. I like Deontay and I don't want to get into his way, but I think at some point when he's back and feeling better, Bermane deserves a rematch and I'm going to talk to [WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman] about that."

View gallery