Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Eating nachos N a liter of Cola like AB :wow:

I don't spar or nothing:dead:

I just love the sport so much, but I have never put the head gear on....or had my hands wrapped:bryan:

Only sparring I ever got was on the streets of Cleveland:mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
How bout shadow boxing??

I do 30 mins straight shadow boxing no rest

10 mins just me
10 mins with 2 pound weights
5 mins 5 pound weights
5 mins 4 pound weights

I hit the heavy bag last N I be gassed....I try 20 mins straight but by the 15 mins im done

My speed has improved due to the shadow boxing...Ionno if I should change my routine or nah with the heavy bag tho

I hate shadow boxing lol...i do it as a straight warmup before I do any boxing...2-3 rounds with 5 pounders just to feel a little burn in my shoulders....what do you for cardio? You run? Jumprope?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
How many mins y'all spend on the heavy bag??

Anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. Sometimes with a couple minute break in different intervals, but usually straight through with just adjusting the tempo (going all out, placing shots, light mode)

but that was like 2010-2012.

Haven't had a chance to do a boxing workout since then so a nikka is prolly :flabbynsick:. I'd pass out after 15 minutes now. Definitely would have to work back up to that.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hate shadow boxing lol...i do it as a straight warmup before I do any boxing...2-3 rounds with 5 pounders just to feel a little burn in my shoulders....what do you for cardio? You run? Jumprope?

Burpees N jump rope....I hate running

In the past yr or so I started shadow boxing more N felt the results...so I kept the routine like that...only thing like I said I gas at the end of the heavy bag routine

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
30 minutes a day of jump rope would have you nikkas lookin like wlad in 4 months.

I cant jump rope for shyt though. My boy had me furious, he picked up a rope for the first time in his life and he looked like mayweather. That shyt had me absolutely pissed. I know hes fukking lying, no one jumps rope like that without prior experience :mjcry:

PJTech

Pro
Daps
How many mins y'all spend on the heavy bag??

Usually about half an hour, focusing on endurance, combinations or working on punches that I want to improve either accuracy or power, I have a tourney coming up at the end of March so I have been training more frequently and enduring the tough love from my sparring partners from various gyms

How bout shadow boxing??

I do 30 mins straight shadow boxing no rest

10 mins just me
10 mins with 2 pound weights
5 mins 5 pound weights
5 mins 4 pound weights

I hit the heavy bag last N I be gassed....I try 20 mins straight but by the 15 mins im done

My speed has improved due to the shadow boxing...Ionno if I should change my routine or nah with the heavy bag tho

:ohhh:

I am going to try that out along with my workout, either before or at the end of training

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
you guys should check out the prediction league on my podcast website

http://theboxingcoalition.com/

Good shyt fam. I just signed up. Real dope set up and site.

I'm glad ya'll actually list all of the fights to predict on (Espn, Sho, etc...) since that's what I usually do when I make predictions on my site and youtube channel.

Limiting shyt to just HBO and Showtime fights is not the business at all.

:salute:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Good shyt fam. I just signed up. Real dope set up and site.

I'm glad ya'll actually list all of the fights to predict on (Espn, Sho, etc...) since that's what I usually do when I make predictions on my site and youtube channel.

Limiting shyt to just HBO and Showtime fights is not the business at all.

:salute:
yeah luckily one of the co hosts is great at website design.

make sure you predict every week

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Old school

10382436_737787172983318_2473958667850497644_n.jpg