Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NBC Sports Will Present Boxing in Prime Time

The NBC Sports Group is heading into boxing with the powerful adviser and manager Al Haymon in a multiyear deal to be announced Wednesday. The first show will be presented March 7.

NBC is expected to carry five cards in prime time and six on Saturday afternoons, said an executive familiar with the details. The remaining nine shows will be on NBCSN in prime time.

Floyd Mayweather, Haymon’s best-known fighter, will not be involved. He is strictly a pay-per-view boxer under an exclusive contract with Showtime.

Instead, NBC and NBCSN’s stars will be Adrien Broner (29-1); John Molina (27-5) and Robert Guerrero (32-2-1) as well as two 140-pound titleholders, Danny Garcia (29-0) and Lamont Peterson (33-2-1).

Boxing, once a staple of broadcast television, is a cable and pay-per-view sport, with HBO, Showtime, ESPN, Fox Sports 1 and NBCSN, which had a boxing series through last year, the primary networks.

The biggest money in boxing is paid to put marquee fighters such as Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao on pay per view. Two years ago, Mayweather moved to Showtime from HBO for a pay per view deal.

NBC’s plan is to get into boxing with a limited investment. In what is called a time-buy arrangement, Haymon Boxing will pay at least $20 million annually to purchase time on NBC and NBCSN to show bouts that will feature Haymon fighters, the executive said. NBC will produce the shows, with Al Michaels hosting the NBC prime-time bouts. Sugar Ray Leonard will be an analyst for some of the cards.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/14/s...ime-time.html?smid=tw-nytmedia&seid=auto&_r=1

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Broner fighting #matthyssemafia's left overs?!
@Newzz roll up a fatty, we gotta have a chat breh..........Maidana problems

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I hate shadow boxing lol...i do it as a straight warmup before I do any boxing...2-3 rounds with 5 pounders just to feel a little burn in my shoulders....what do you for cardio? You run? Jumprope?
@ChocolateGiddyUp Y'all are seriously 'shadowbxing' with 5lb weights? How are your elbow tendons still working?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Sorry brehs.........Shadow boxing with weights? Am I missing something? Especially 5lb ones?

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
its good for increasing handspeed breh
I could see using the Neoprene 2lbers ....but nothing higher than that.
Also, I'd imagine your arms fatigue earlier from being tense the entire time? Or it'd cause you to lose shoulder form?<-------Questions not criticisms.
I shadowbox with ankle weights that shyt is a chore.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
roflllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Broner fighting #matthyssemafia's left overs?!
@Newzz roll up a fatty, we gotta have a chat breh..........Maidana problems

Uhhhhhh, Matthysse fought Molina who was the leftovers of an AB victim. This is basically Broner, who already ate DeMarco, going back to eat his food too to show who really runs this:ohlawd:

And Matthysse and Maidana have already fought once....and let's just say Matthysse failed that test:youngsabo:

AB doesn't have any Maidana problems being that Maidana is the one who's refusing the rematch. You can't have any "problems" if the dude is refusing to put the gloves on against you again.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Uhhhhhh, Matthysse fought Molina who was the leftovers of an AB victim. This is basically Broner, who already ate DeMarco, going back to eat his food too to show who really runs this:ohlawd:

And Matthysse and Maidana have already fought once....and let's just say Matthysse failed that test:youngsabo:

AB doesn't have any Maidana problems being that Maidana is the one who's refusing the rematch. You can't have any "problems" if the dude is refusing to put the gloves on against you again.

Broner has 147lb problems after Maidana kicked his ass out that division.. Rematch for what?? At no point was the fight close? He got beat up 117-109 :heh: