Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
10891596_717558258358103_9221202251279169422_n.jpg

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Did ggg really knock out two top five Middleweights.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Cesar Seda Leaves GBP ; Signs With Haymon...Or Did GBP Release Him?
9LEeHWl.jpg

The Seda version:

"The relationship with Golden Boy was terminated. We requested a release for breach of contract and reached a mutual agreement to [part ways]. We began discussions with Haymon and by end of December we signed contract. And we have a tentative date to fight on March 7. The deal is for three years," Seda Sr. said.

Read More...

The Golden Boy version:

Not so fast, explained Golden Boy Promotions VP Eric Gomez.

Gomez informed BoxingScene that his company voluntarily released Seda, because the boxer and his handlers had refused multiple fight offers.

"We released Seda from his contract. They didn't want to fight anyone. He turned down three or four fights. The last one [he turned down] was a fight with Ivan Morales. He didn't want to travel to Mexico to fight Morales. We want to make exciting fights. We are not in the business of making easy fights," Gomez told BoxingScene.com.

Read More...

Who to believe? :patrice:

California Burrito

Slangin' Chorizo
Daps
Reppin
619, CA
Froch Says Vegas Showdown With Chavez Jr. Is Close
Posted by: Terence Dooley on 1/8/2015 .

By Terence Dooley

Nottingham’s Carl Froch has told Sky Sports News that he is confident of securing a Las Vegas showdown against Julio Cesar Chavez Junior at some point this year. “The Cobra” insisted that the Chavez fight is the one that he set his sights on following his KO win over George Groves at Wembley Stadium in May and the 37-year-old believes he will headline in Vegas this year.

“We’re nearly there, dare I say it, with the Chavez fight in Vegas which I’ve talked about since knocking out Groves,” said Froch, 33-2 (24). “I’m very optimistic that Eddie Hearn will be making an announcement very soon. That’s the fight that takes me to Las Vegas, it’s the fight I’ve been calling out for since November 2013 so it’s dragged on a fair while. Between beating Mikkel Kessler and fighting Chavez I’ve obviously had the two epic fights with Groves.

“Chavez is a great fighter, one loss in 51 fights, and he’s coming up to a weight he’ll be more comfortable at. That carries dangers and question marks—is he good enough at super-middle? Have I still got what it takes to go 12 rounds because it looks like Chavez can survive? He can get through 12 rounds with anybody, he’s very tough like his dad was. It’s an intriguing fight—it’s a ‘pick ‘em’. It’s not ‘Froch is definitely going to win’ or ‘Chavez is definitely going to win’.”

The fight has polarised Froch’s British fanbase, with many calling for a domestic showdown with IBF mandatory challenger James DeGale. Chavez, though, ticks plenty of boxes and is the logical choice for a Vegas fight, especially if they can secure U.S. TV for the event.

Selling out Wembley and doing well on Sky’s PPV arm is one thing, securing American TV backing in Vegas is quite another, as Ricky Hatton will tell you, so Froch has every right to gun for Chavez, 48-1-1 (32) wth 1 NC. However, his opponent is currently mired in a dispute with Bob Arum, who insists that he still has control of the 28-year-old’s career.

:wow:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Did ggg really knock out two top five Middleweights.

Matthew Macklin was #6 ranked by RING and Daniel Geale was #2 ranked by RING when GGG beat them via KO

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Is there a thread on how these belts work? I need a breakdown from some of you boxing heads.

IBO?IBF?WBO?WBC?NAACP? :why:

Only one's that matter:

RING World Champion, IBF World Champion, WBC World Champion, WBO World Champion, and WBA World Champion (but only if there is no WBA Super World Champion. If there is a WBA Super World Champion, then he is the REAL Champion and the World Champion is just another "belt holder").

All the other "belts/championships" are for nothing but show.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Cesar Seda Leaves GBP ; Signs With Haymon...Or Did GBP Release Him?
9LEeHWl.jpg

The Seda version:

The Golden Boy version:

Who to believe? :patrice:

I believe GBP.

Dude signed with Haymon...you know he messed up the deal with GBP on purpose:heh:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Froch Says Vegas Showdown With Chavez Jr. Is Close
Posted by: Terence Dooley on 1/8/2015 .

By Terence Dooley

Nottingham’s Carl Froch has told Sky Sports News that he is confident of securing a Las Vegas showdown against Julio Cesar Chavez Junior at some point this year. “The Cobra” insisted that the Chavez fight is the one that he set his sights on following his KO win over George Groves at Wembley Stadium in May and the 37-year-old believes he will headline in Vegas this year.

“We’re nearly there, dare I say it, with the Chavez fight in Vegas which I’ve talked about since knocking out Groves,” said Froch, 33-2 (24). “I’m very optimistic that Eddie Hearn will be making an announcement very soon. That’s the fight that takes me to Las Vegas, it’s the fight I’ve been calling out for since November 2013 so it’s dragged on a fair while. Between beating Mikkel Kessler and fighting Chavez I’ve obviously had the two epic fights with Groves.

“Chavez is a great fighter, one loss in 51 fights, and he’s coming up to a weight he’ll be more comfortable at. That carries dangers and question marks—is he good enough at super-middle? Have I still got what it takes to go 12 rounds because it looks like Chavez can survive? He can get through 12 rounds with anybody, he’s very tough like his dad was. It’s an intriguing fight—it’s a ‘pick ‘em’. It’s not ‘Froch is definitely going to win’ or ‘Chavez is definitely going to win’.”

The fight has polarised Froch’s British fanbase, with many calling for a domestic showdown with IBF mandatory challenger James DeGale. Chavez, though, ticks plenty of boxes and is the logical choice for a Vegas fight, especially if they can secure U.S. TV for the event.

Selling out Wembley and doing well on Sky’s PPV arm is one thing, securing American TV backing in Vegas is quite another, as Ricky Hatton will tell you, so Froch has every right to gun for Chavez, 48-1-1 (32) wth 1 NC. However, his opponent is currently mired in a dispute with Bob Arum, who insists that he still has control of the 28-year-old’s career.

:wow:

92990-Antonio-Banderas-reaction-gif-C5M4.gif