Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
nikkas acting like Broner done reached Hatton/Duran levels of weight gain. Dude is just one of those thick heavy set bodied nikkas.

As long as Adrien doesn't go back to pre Chino fight weight gain, I think he'll be okay......(for now)

As least he's training more consistently.

#Bandcamp :blessed:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
nikkas acting like Broner done reached Hatton/Duran levels of weight gain. Dude is just one of those thick heavy set bodied nikkas.

As long as Adrien doesn't go back to pre Chino fight weight gain, I think he'll be okay......(for now)

As least he's training more consistently.

#Bandcamp :blessed:

#BandCamp:salutekobe:

These nikkas know AB already in training camp...I posted about 3 videos of him in the gym working out already in preparation for March 7th. A couple nachos on his off day from the gym aint nothing major:manny:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
Phuck nachos, eat sushi with miso soup.

tumblr_nhiio2kp3V1u2ragso1_500.gif

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Interesting article on Al Haymon

http://www.si.com/vault/2014/12/22/106690278/the-man-with-the-plan

This part stood out to me

Haymon charges boxers a lower percentage than most managers, often around 10--15%. One contract obtained by SI was between Haymon and featherweight Marcos Forestal, a Cuban defector with some 300 amateur bouts whom Haymon ultimately let go. It granted sole discretion concerning Forestal's career to Haymon and includes a termination clause should the boxer ever make comments that reflect "unfavorably" on Haymon in any news outlet.

:patrice:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
IBF to use rare interim title at cruiserweight
January, 6, 2015
Jan 6
1:12
PM ET
By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com
Interim titles are one of the scourges of boxing but, to the IBF’s credit, they are used very, very rarely and only in one specific instance (which makes perfect sense) -- in the event that a titleholder is legitimately injured and will be sidelined for an extended period. And when that titleholder does return, his first bout must be against the interim titleholder.

ESPN.com Boxing on Twitter
Don't miss any of our wall-to-wall boxing coverage, including live analysis of Saturday's fights. Twitter »

It is not like other organizations, where an interim title is created solely for the sake of generating additional sanctioning fees and the titleholder can defend an interim belt time and again without being forced to face the full titleholder (or vice versa).

In fact, in about the past decade-plus, the IBF has used an interim title only three times: because of injuries to then-junior welterweight champion Kostya Tszyu, then-lightweight titlist Jesus Chavez and then-junior flyweight titlist Ulises Solis.

The IBF will now use a rare interim title again because cruiserweight titleholder Yoan Pablo Hernandez (29-1, 14 KOs) is sidelined for an extended period with a right elbow injury. Hernandez had been scheduled to face mandatory challenger Ola Afolabi (21-3-4, 10 KOs) on Dec. 6 in Oldenburg, Germany, but withdrew after getting injured preparing for the bout.

According to IBF championships chairman Lindsey Tucker, with Hernandez unavailable, England’s Afolabi has been ordered to face former titlist Victor Emilio Ramirez (21-2, 17 KOs), of Argentina, for the vacant interim belt.

The winner of the bout, which still needs to be negotiated (or a purse bid will be ordered), will have to face Hernandez upon his return. However, Tucker said that if Hernandez is unable to return by Aug. 6, he will be stripped and the Afolabi-Ramirez winner will become the full titleholder.

i dont mind this as long as it leads to afolabi-hernandez

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Interesting article on Al Haymon

http://www.si.com/vault/2014/12/22/106690278/the-man-with-the-plan

This part stood out to me

Haymon charges boxers a lower percentage than most managers, often around 10--15%. One contract obtained by SI was between Haymon and featherweight Marcos Forestal, a Cuban defector with some 300 amateur bouts whom Haymon ultimately let go. It granted sole discretion concerning Forestal's career to Haymon and includes a termination clause should the boxer ever make comments that reflect "unfavorably" on Haymon in any news outlet.

:patrice:
Read that article and a couple things stood out.

I give Haymon props on his hustle and really want his NBC venture to be successful because I really want boxing back on netowrk TV regularly. However, dude cannot continue to put on shytty one-sided matches and think people are going to tune in. He could fukk around and ruin any shot of boxing getting a foothold on the networks again for decades.

This part of Haymon's contract should give dudes pause before signing:
His standard contract doesn't stipulate any specific number of bouts, only a clause for Haymon to provide "best effort."
So basically you could end up not fighting for an entire calendar year and there is nothing you can do about it.

And of course Paulie Malignaggi continues to say dumb shyt like

"You don't hear any fighters complaining about Al," Malignaggi continues. "Guys used to thank Don King, then call him an a------, a scumbag, a bloodsucker. I haven't heard one fighter say that about Al."

Of course not, dumbass...it's in your contract that you can't speak ill of Allah Haymon.