Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That Rigo match was a pretty entertaining fight. Hopefully the suits at HBO, Showtime or even ESPN or Fox Sports 1 will start televising dude's bouts.
I am still upset at Top Tank...Bob Arum needs a foot in his old ass for not actively working to promote Rigo when he was TR. Says Rigo is boring and no one wants to watch him fight while pushing Bum Ass Tim Bradley™ to the moon.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
they try call him boring :pacspit:

brilliant fight and the energetic commentators made it even better

Those announcers had me hyped and I have absolutely no idea what they were saying. :heh:

Yoshi Tatsu though?:russ:

Rigo aint fighting Loma though breh, his manager/promoters have already gone on record saying Rigo will fight no higher than 122:snoop:

No way this fight doesn't happen imo, it might not happen anytime soon but it will def happen, it has to :to:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Overall Rigo looked good. By the comments I was expecting the fight to be different. I had Rigo winning every round, but the 7th, the first was close but the rest he dominated.
The knockdown was a punch he should not have been hit with. The second knockdown wasn't legit. He was being bested by some punches, but clearly was pushed down.

I can understand why Rigo's team wants him at 122. With his size moving up could put him in bad match ups with fighters cutting weight. Would love to see Santa Cruz's activeness vs. Rigo. Still the dream fight is Lomachenko.

The 126 comment is really directed towards Walters who I think could easily jump to 130/135 and not drop off. Physically I think he is much to big. I would love to see Walters vs. Mikey Garcia.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
-Rigondeaux looking beatable will do wonders for his marketability towards LSC, Quigg, and Frampton taking serious steps in his direction. However, his lackadaisical performance and almost disastrous 7th round cannot be ignored...

-Amagasa is a warrior, and a credible contender at 126 before this fight. Hopefully he can secure another big fight at featherweight now

-Ioka is slow, but so strong. How fun would a Ioka-Viloria fight be.............

-Told ya'll Rossel was giving up that strap..... somebody get on the horn and book Taguchi-Yaegashi

-Kono, didn't see the fight, but he like everyone else is food for Monster Inoue

-Dear Uchiyama, please fight someone with a pulse

-CongratufukkINGlations to Katsunari Takayama, 3X Champion at Minimumweight this time via stoppage. If he can secure a unification bout with Menyothhong (sp?) we're in business.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I need japanese announcers for every fight. Them dudes was super hyped :laff:

That first kd dude was so hyped :mjlol:

2nd KD was straight bullshyt :beli:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
they try call him boring :pacspit:

brilliant fight and the energetic commentators made it even better
its all about the commentary

I've seen HBO criminally ignore some great fights cause they have their mind made up or they don't find the fighters worthy of hyping or whatever

That's why I love Japanese + Mexican commentary, especially when it's one of theirs vs a foreigner..

Ironically English soccer commentary is garbage and pretty boring, but the Brits are great for boxing even if they're homers. Not to mention a guy like Colonel Bob who pours on the hyperbole even on a Top Rank under-undercard, boxing's Ray Hudson.