Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dan Rafael chat recap:

- Believes Kovalev-Pascal is unlikely because Pascal's promoter is the same as Stevenson.
- Kathy Duva is going to try and take Stevenson's team to court because she has emails she considered a "binding agreement". Wants the outcome to be a fall fight, but compensation may be the end result.
- He personally believes HBO was lazy in the Stevenson negotiation, but still believes from everything he heard that Stevenson never wanted the fight.
- The plan is for Stevenson and BHop to fight.
- Dulorme/Mayfield winner is a possible fight candidate for Provodnikov's next fight
- Schaefer said the fight vs Thurman was offered to everyone and they all turned it down (a lot to do with the purse). Guerrero and Judah both turned it down without prospective fights upcoming.
- Golovkin's promoter said that after the JCC fight he will return to 160.
- He believes that Canelo never gets a rematch with Floyd (not that he deserves it anyways), but it has made the rumor circle because of its financial impact.

I could see them fighting next may

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/vitali-klitschko-pulls-out-presidential-race-ukraine--76151
By Jake Donovan

Injuries forced former heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko to pull out of several scheduled title fights during his career. Now, a heavy heart has forced the 42-year old to pull out of the 2015 presidential race in the Ukraine.
An announcement was made on Saturday, with reports from Reuters circulating the globe that Klitschko is removing himself from the fold. An activist against unrest in the Ukraine, the former three-time heavyweight titlist was running for the UDAR (Ukrainian Democracy Alliance for Reform) party but has since chosen to throw his weight behind new candidate Petro Poroshenko, a billionaire candy owner known as the 'Chocolate King' and often referred to as Ukraine's Willy Wonka.
Poroshenko will now run against former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko, who announced her candidacy earlier in the week.
"The only chance of winning is to nominate one candidate from the democratic forces," Klitschko informed the UDAR party, according to a Reuters report.
Klitschko (45-2, 41KO) announced his retirement from boxing in 2013, but hasn't fought since scoring a 4th round knockout of previously Manuel Charr in Sept. '12. A pro boxer since Nov. '96, Klitschko held three separate heavyweight title reigns, two of which ended in retirement following already long gaps between fights.
His younger brother, Wladimir Klitschko remains the lineal heavyweight champion, a role he's honorably served since June '09, and having held at least one alphabet title without interruption since 2006.
The decision for the elder Klitschko retire came as a no-brainer, as his heart and mind were rightfully far more focused on fighting against civil unrest in the Ukraine.
The hulking former champion made the decision to run based on his passion for reform, along with reports suggesting his approval rating - which had already far exceeded that of president Vikor Yanukovych, who was voted out of office by Parliament earlier this year - made him the perfect candidate.

:to: :wow:

Unrelated side note about SKorea:
These buses be doing 150..........shyt is unnerving as fukk :merchant:
Especially when there's another right next to you and you can see the passengers, I be like "Jesus Take the Wheel!" :to:

Couldn't find what I was looking for, I'll try again 2morrow :ld:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I JUST watched the fight again, due to the talks on here, and I have De La Hoya beating Trinidad 116-112.

I have De La Hoya winning rounds 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and Trinidad winning rounds 4, 10, 11, and 12.

Closest round for me was round 9...could've went either way, but I gave it to ODLH because of the combination punching at the beginning and end of the round.

I had it 116-112 and could at worst see it as 115-113 for De La Hoya.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Highlights from this long ass article on Chavez-GGG, http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/8290/weight-penalty-for-chavez-ggg:

Arum said that K2 Promotions' Tom Loeffler, Golovkin's promoter, asked for the million-dollar penalty.
"We had no objection," Arum said. "It goes for both guys. We know there has been a history with Chavez. But he has no problem making 168 now. He made it with ease for the Vera rematch. He wasn't dehydrated on the scale.
"He wanted to prove to everybody that when he does the weight right, he can get down to 168 without any problem. So Tom asked for the $1 million penalty and I said I would check with the Chavez people and they readily agreed."
Loeffler said they asked for the penalty because Chavez is already much bigger than Golovkin.
"We feel $1 million is significant enough that it will make Julio come on weight," Loeffler told ESPN.com. "GGG is a small middleweight and makes 160 very easily, so we don't expect any issues with GGG making weight and he has never been overweight in his entire career.
Arum admitted that such a large penalty would probably generate some publicity for the fight but that was not the reason for doing it.
"In the real world this assures me the weight's not going to be problem," Arum said. "With Juan Manuel Marquez, Manny Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley, I wouldn't give it a second thought [about negotiating a weight penalty] because there is never a problem with the weight. With Chavez we had that terrible experience."
Arum said the reason for the date switch from July 12 to July 19 was because of TV Azteca, his Mexican broadcast partner.
"I got pushback on July 12 by TV Azteca because that is the date of the [soccer] World Cup consolation game," Arum said. "For me, that doesn't mean s---, but for others it means a lot. TV Azteca bought the whole World Cup and that's when the consolation game is, so it's a big deal for them. But everybody ended up loving the 19th anyway, so it was no problem to move. I talked to the Forum people and they were holding the 12th and we got them to switch to the 19th."
By moving the card to July 19, it means Top Rank will have two notable cards on the same day. Arum is also doing another card that date in Macau, China, which will feature Chinese flyweight star Zou Shiming in his first 10-round bout along with other fights Arum says he is working on.
He said junior featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux could make his next defense on that card -- the last on his contract with Top Rank -- and that Brian Viloria could challenge for a flyweight title on the card.
Arum says the plan is for HBO to televise the card from Macau on "HBO2 or maybe HBO in the afternoon and use it to help drive the pay-per-view for that evening."
"If GGG beats Julio at 168, he would not stay at that weight and come back to 160 to continue his quest to prove he is the best middleweight in the world today," he said.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Ghost would get fukked up. He don't want those problems.

On a side note, I'm still tryna figure out what Thurman is. He's gotta be a half breed like Andre Ward. I always forget that S.O.G. is a Mulatto. He looks mixed, but he doesn't look like Mulatto. Keith Thurman does though.