Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Adonis has to beat a few more big names in order for him to elevate Hopkins to top ten p4p all time if he were to lose to dude.

Now if Hopkins beat Stevenson after Stevenson defeated/KO....Kovalev and Ward, for example, than yeah that prolly puts him closer to top 10 p4p maybe (10-20 range)

I'm not one of those dudes that think Stevenson is ducking Kovalev since I don't know what type of bread was thrown around for that potential fight. Both dudes are exciting with lots of momentum and the live gate would be huge so I expected both to prolly get in the 1.5 to 2.5 mil range. I mean Berto got around $800,000 for the Hernandez fight. HBO wants the fight, but it doesn't seem like they tried their hardest to make it happen. Besides the fight has only been talked about for the last 6 months. This ain't Gamboa/JuanMa where that shyt was simmering for over a year and it seemed like a potential collision course.

I don't really care for a Stevenson/Hopkins fight, but I'll watch and there's been plenty of worst fights made (Winky/Hopkins) so :manny:

For now Kovalev should go after Ward and the winner of that fight, gets the winner of Stevenson/Hopkins.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Thurman, Lucas Matthysse and Omar Figueroa -- will be in action April 26 on the same showtime card. Albeit, none vs top notch tests but, still a good look for a non Ppv event

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
[/URL]

AB already in shape and ready to go......still got 5 weeks till the fight:wow:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Beating a prime Adonis at 50 would be one of the most impressive wins ever. I think there's a real argument you could make if that happened. If B-hop had Floyd's charisma or a better management team, the perception of him would be a lot different.

Example: if the Spurs played in NY, they'd be one of the most legendary teams of all time in any sport. But since they play in SA, they get a fraction of the love and coverage they deserve and labeled "boring".

He demoralized and embarrassed Trinidad, a Hall of Famer all time great, Puerto Rican hero ... and we talk abt Tito more in this thread than BHop who is still fighting, what does that tell you?

Tito captured our imagination, he had personality and was a prolific finisher. Likable fighter.

BHop won ugly and he can be annoying as helll, and he doesn't have exciting fights.

On record alone though, if you wanna make the argument WITH a W over Adonis, I think you can.
Dont forget Tito was being compared to Sugar Ray Robinson before BHOP cut that ass, people like to forget things conveniently though to slight certain fighters, BHOP is clearly a top all time great

Whoever disagree with me state ten better fighters, I'll wait............................

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
[/URL]

AB already in shape and ready to go......still got 5 weeks till the fight:wow:

#BandCamp

:blessed:

You call that a workout:mjlol:

I seen harder training in random PAL, he need to switch to some world class trainers.......

I see he tryna keep that china chin hid....................:shaq:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Beating a prime Adonis at 50 would be one of the most impressive wins ever. I think there's a real argument you could make if that happened. If B-hop had Floyd's charisma or a better management team, the perception of him would be a lot different.

Example: if the Spurs played in NY, they'd be one of the most legendary teams of all time in any sport. But since they play in SA, they get a fraction of the love and coverage they deserve and labeled "boring".

He demoralized and embarrassed Trinidad, a Hall of Famer all time great, Puerto Rican hero ... and we talk abt Tito more in this thread than BHop who is still fighting, what does that tell you?

Tito captured our imagination, he had personality and was a prolific finisher. Likable fighter.

BHop won ugly and he can be annoying as helll, and he doesn't have exciting fights.

On record alone though, if you wanna make the argument WITH a W over Adonis, I think you can.

No you cant.

He has blemishes on his record (3 L's to fighters like Jermaine Taylor and Chad Dawson and a Draw with Jean Pascal at LHWY). Now at MIDDLEWEIGHT, yes, he's easily one of the greatest fighters to ever fight.

Since the 1960's, Hopkins is 3rd all time at Middleweight......behind only Hagler and Monzon.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Dont forget Tito was being compared to Sugar Ray Robinson before BHOP cut that ass, people like to forget things conveniently though to slight certain fighters, BHOP is clearly a top all time great

Whoever disagree with me state ten better fighters, I'll wait............................

All I know is Adonis is gonna dig in his ass and @ChocolateGiddyUp the only one brave enough to do a sig bet

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:skip:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

:usure:

Really breh? Bernard Hopkins is top 10 all-time great across all weight classes:comeon:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You call that a workout:mjlol:

I seen harder training in random PAL, he need to switch to some world class trainers.......

I see he tryna keep that china chin hid....................:shaq:

He's working out...focusing on the strength/stamina/conditioning at this point. Over the next few weeks is when the sparring begins. He still has 5 weeks to go before the fight

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:usure:

Really breh? Bernard Hopkins is top 10 all-time great across all weight classes:comeon:
Skills and accomplishment wise why not.....................

But BHOP isn't that exciting or liked so haters will hate, people had no issue saying Tito was Ray Robinson(top 3 at the abosulte worst) and such