Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
now we got people stanning Al Haymon? :yawn:

Al Haymon > GBP > TR

Al Haymon......another influential person in sports from the great state of Ohio:ohlawd:

Cleveland to be exact:mjpls:

#OhioPlayaz

:blessed:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
My beef isnt with Stevenson fighting Hopkins or taking the money. Money talks and I can't hate a guy trying to get paid. The Hopkins fight is obviously the biggest money fight Stevenson has right now. I also think it is a fight Stevenson should win and one he is confident in winning.
If he beat Bernard, I dont know if I think that makes Stevenson some amazing P4P guy, Bernard has looked every bit a crafty but 48 year old fighter. A talented, athletic, fighter with pop should beat him him if Stevenson is at all legit.
The part that grinds my gears as a boxing fan is that Haymon has the Bernard fight for him (if that even gets made), but there really isnt much else for Stevenson to hang his hat on going forward. HBO has most of the other desirable talent from 160-175...
And I never have argued that Kovalev has shown more, just that Stevenson has not shown me a ton either...and I think Kovalev gets him head to head. Neither fighters chin has been tested, but Stevenson has shown us that his might not be made of iron. Stevenson has the better one punch power, but Kovalev has better power in all his punches.:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
My beef isnt with Stevenson fighting Hopkins or taking the money. Money talks and I can't hate a guy trying to get paid. The Hopkins fight is obviously the biggest money fight Stevenson has right now. I also think it is a fight Stevenson should win and one he is confident in winning.
If he beat Bernard, I dont know if I think that makes Stevenson some amazing P4P guy, Bernard has looked every bit a crafty but 48 year old fighter. A talented, athletic, fighter with pop should beat him him if Stevenson is at all legit.
The part that grinds my gears as a boxing fan is that Haymon has the Bernard fight for him (if that even gets made), but there really isnt much else for Stevenson to hang his hat on going forward. HBO has most of the other desirable talent from 160-175...
And I never have argued that Kovalev has shown more, just that Stevenson has not shown me a ton either...and I think Kovalev gets him head to head. Neither fighters chin has been tested, but Stevenson has shown us that his might not be made of iron. Stevenson has the better one punch power, but Kovalev has better power in all his punches.

for all we know we could get stevenson-shumenov is bhop loses next month...which doesnt draw a lot of interest

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
And I never have argued that Kovalev has shown more, just that Stevenson has not shown me a ton either...and I think Kovalev gets him head to head. Neither fighters chin has been tested, but Stevenson has shown us that his might not be made of iron. Stevenson has the better one punch power, but Kovalev has better power in all his punches.:manny:

Kovalev is not signed directly to HBO though is he? If he isnt, they can fight after Hopkins and Stevenson fight:manny:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
for all we know we could get stevenson-shumenov is bhop loses next month...which doesnt draw a lot of interest
That seemingly would be a big bust financially. But with boxing the way it is, a Hopkins fight would still probably be worked on if it was a close fight.

Stevenson-JCC would be awesome...but JCC is HBO right now. Wasnt there rumors of him going to TMT or Haymon?

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Kovalev is not signed directly to HBO though is he? If he isnt, they can fight after Hopkins and Stevenson fight:manny:
I think you are right. But I see Kovalev as a guy HBO wants to promote. They love putting his mug in the crowd at every one of their broadcasts. I had gotten the vibe that they preferred him over Stevenson...maybe because he can fight in the US. Now we will probably get Kovalev vs some bums for KO's to get ratings. :stopitslime:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Why wouldnt it? Whoever beats Hopkins is gonna be hyped to the moon. We seen it with Jermaine Taylor and Chad Dawson.

Shumenov would be the ONLY multiple "major" belt holder at 175 and will be the WBA and IBF Light Heavyweight Champion.....and would be undefeated for the last 5 years:manny:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I think you are right. But I see Kovalev as a guy HBO wants to promote. They love putting his mug in the crowd at every one of their broadcasts. I had gotten the vibe that they preferred him over Stevenson...maybe because he can fight in the US. Now we will probably get Kovalev vs some bums for KO's to get ratings. :stopitslime:

Kovalev can call out the winner of JCC Jr vs GGG and Andre Ward, or he can just move down to 168 and fight them. Other than that, he can decide to fight someone with a name for a chance at 175.....Chad Dawson, Jean Pascal, Tavoris Cloud:manny:

He has options. He hasnt exhausted ANY of them yet, because he hasnt fought anyone imo:yeshrug:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Kovalev can call out the winner of JCC Jr vs GGG and Andre Ward, or he can just move down to 168 and fight them. Other than that, he can decide to fight someone with a name for a chance at 175.....Chad Dawson, Jean Pascal, Tavoris Cloud:manny:

He has options. He hasnt exhausted ANY of them yet, because he hasnt fought anyone imo:yeshrug:
You are right he has a ton of options. I just dont know if i have confidence in HBO to make the fights.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

You are right he has a ton of options. I just dont know if i have confidence in HBO to make the fights.