Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I agree with you on the euro and not fighting people yet........but :ufdup: you throwing shots at the #2 P4P

#SOGGang

So angelic friends:lawd:
Comical that Ward has promotional issues while all the names are gunning for eachother from 160-175, I have no respect for bytch ass champs, especially one that runs his mouth every chance he gets

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=76034

When Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer announced Keith Thurman's finalized opponent for April 26th, a number of boxing fans were critical of Golden Boy's selection.

Thurman (22-0, 20KOs) will defend his WBA interim-welterweight title at the StubHub Center in Carson against veteran, and former champion, Julio Diaz (40-9-1, 29KOs).

Most fans would have liked to him see face one of the more highly ranked welterweights in Golden Boy's stable.

Unfortunately, nearly every player at 140 and 147, including all four welterweight champions, are already scheduled to fight in April or May. All four reigning beltholders - Floyd Mayweather, Timothy Bradley, Marcos Maidana and Shawn Porter - are all booked for title defenses in the next few weeks.

Thurman and his team had two choices - sit on the bench and wait for a deal to get made against a more lucrative opponent - or stay busy while everything shakes out in April and May. Thurman and his team decided to stay busy.

Several stay-busy opponents were explored for Thurman, but only Diaz was ready and willing to accept the fight.

"First of all, most of those 147 and 140-pounders are fighting in that April/May timeframe on one card or the other. Everybody is busy, including all of the names that you just mentioned," Schaefer told BoxingScene.com

"Keith Thurman and his management are doing the right thing instead of waiting for one of those guys. He could have said - 'lets see what happens in April and May and then I'm going to fight one of those guys in July or August.' But that's not the way it should go. Keith Thurman realizes and his management realizes, that staying active means staying in the public's eye. Instead of sitting around and waiting, he's going to go out there to fight as well."

Schaefer indicates that Thurman and his team are following the same strategy being utilized by WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin, who stays busy with or without HBO's televised backing. In two of his last four fights, Golovkin traveled to Monaco to face heavy underdogs Nobuhiro Ishida and Osumanu Adama. Golovkin's team is only concerned with keeping their fighter active and keeping his name relevant in conversation.

"We've seen this as well with Gennady Golovkin, who has been fighting not really world-beaters, but he stays active and because he stays active he stays relevant. I think that's very important when you look at these fights. For Thurman to be in the mix, fighting around the same time in the calendar as those other guys, it's definitely the right way to go," Schaefer said.

:mjlol: at RS defense of Thurman's duck games like GB whole stable from 140-154 wasn't wide open like 3 weeks ago

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
People want Andre Ward to fight Bernard Hopkins, so I dont see why it would be a problem because Stevenson wants to fight Hopkins:yeshrug:

Hopkins is better than Kovalev and a higher step up in competition for Stevenson
Kovalev definitely hasn't proved anything...but I am of the opinion Stevenson hasn't shown too much more. Hopkins obviously is the dude with the resume, although I think that if Stevenson or Kovalev are legit, then Hopkins starts to take some L's.
Strictly based off opinion, since dudes haven't done anything...but I would pick Kovalev vs. Stevenson and Hopkins. :manny:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am betting Thurman will be WBA champ when Floyd vacates. Then all those guys will want to fight him. Maidana will want him because he wont get a fight with AB after he loses to Floyd. Porter will want to unify because that will add visibility and add more tickets to his lottery pool. If Paulie loses his next fight he will take any title or big money fight he can get. The only one that wont have interest in fighting will be AB because he will have more options than the others as a headliner.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kovalev definitely hasn't proved anything...but I am of the opinion Stevenson hasn't shown too much more. Hopkins obviously is the dude with the resume, although I think that if Stevenson or Kovalev are legit, then Hopkins starts to take some L's.
Strictly based off opinion, since dudes haven't done anything...but I would pick Kovalev vs. Stevenson and Hopkins. :manny:

BHop>Stevenson>Kovalev

:takedat:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I am betting Thurman will be WBA champ when Floyd vacates. Then all those guys will want to fight him. Maidana will want him because he wont get a fight with AB after he loses to Floyd. Porter will want to unify because that will add visibility and add more tickets to his lottery pool. If Paulie loses his next fight he will take any title or big money fight he can get. The only one that wont have interest in fighting will be AB because he will have more options than the others as a headliner.

I dont see AB coming back up to 147 period, because Danny's moving up and Broner will have the opportunity to become the new king of 140. Once he does THAT (becomes the WBC/WBA/RING Champ...maybe even fights Lamont Peterson to take HIS belt), then I can see him coming back up to 147.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
random question. i didn't get the opportunity to watch the fights live back then & wasn't the boxing fan i am today back then either...but what was it about Jermain Taylor that helped him beat a guy like Hopkins twice...and the same with Vernon Forrest dominating Shane Mosley twice?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I dont see AB coming back up to 147 period, because Danny's moving up and Broner will have the opportunity to become the new king of 140. Once he does THAT (becomes the WBC/WBA/RING Champ...maybe even fights Lamont Peterson to take HIS belt), then I can see him coming back up to 147.

If he doesnt dominate at 140, I cant see him going back up to 147 unless it's a money grab

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Porter- a champ Looking for that champion pay day

Malinaggi- Former Champ, with pay days out the ass in the distance

Guerrero- 4 division champ coming off a mMaywaehter payday

Broner- Simply a bytch asss nikka, but yet still above Thurman

Bottom line is Thurman is a nobody, he isn't know by the casual fans, he has fought jack shyt but C level fighters looking average as fukk in the process.......Bottom line is Thurman has to actually beat a name before he get those fighters, those fighters hard earn the way up the ranks the hard way.....Thurman will get those names if it makes money sense those guys are simply in a different tax bracket and care give a fukk about fighting for a couple hundred thousand....Lastly nonoe is taking Thurman seriously when he has been calling out everyone in their mothers name but when he finally decides it's some bum he choses...

Thurman is Khan status to me until prove otherwise, a simply good fighter thats far far more talk than fighter

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
random question. i didn't get the opportunity to watch the fights live back then & wasn't the boxing fan i am today back then either...but what was it about Jermain Taylor that helped him beat a guy like Hopkins twice...and the same with Vernon Forrest dominating Shane Mosley twice?

taylor-hopkins 1 - more or less taylor outworking bhop and putting enough rounds in the bag early before he started fading late; the second fight was another story... felt bhop won that clearly

forrest-mosley - styles make fights..thats all you can say...mosley couldnt beat him in amateurs or pro

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Hopkins cant deal with speed, point black period, Calzaghe and Pascal to a degree should have showed that.......

Taylor wasnt some bum nikka, BHOP just ruined in those battles, Taylor may have won but he lost them wars, he was shellshocked after that.......On top of all of this Taylor had conditioning issues which hindered him, I always seen him as 154 pounder floating at 160, but when he started having weight issues and thinking 168 I knew he was food

• Dap
Reactions: Rev