Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
@Skip b and @Jello Biafra.......speaking on Keith Thurman, he's the mandatory challenger for the WBA title that Marcos Maidana now holds. If Floyd wins, his madatory is Keith Thurman, so he will either have to fight him or be stripped of the belt.

If Floyd's stripped, Keith Thurman will fight for the then newly vacant WBA 147 Championship against another Top 5 WBA ranked opponent. (:manny:

He'd fight Thurman if it was for the WBC championship

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Probably so.

I just wanted to clear the air, because not only has Paulie, Maidana, and Guerrero all ducked Thurman within the past 6 months....... it's on record.

Thurman is the mandatory for Maidana's WBA belt though, so he's either gonna fight Floyd next or fight somebody for the vacant title. Everyone cant duck him forever:manny:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
thurman hasnt got the name yet

only us hardcores realise thurman is a legit WW.

he will pick up the vacant WBA belt and become a name

would love to see him have a unification fight with the ibf champ (Porter/Paulie/Brook)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Skip b and @Jello Biafra.......speaking on Keith Thurman, he's the mandatory challenger for the WBA title that Marcos Maidana now holds. If Floyd wins, his madatory is Keith Thurman, so he will either have to fight him or be stripped of the belt.

If Floyd's stripped, Keith Thurman will fight for the then newly vacant WBA 147 Championship against another Top 5 WBA ranked opponent. (:manny:
Thurman isn't a big enough name for a Floyd PPV main event so I guess One Time will be fighting for that vacant title.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Thurman struggling with Soto Karass :mjpls::
box_a_thurmankarass_gb2_576x324.jpg

:heh:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Thurman isn't a big enough name for a Floyd PPV main event so I guess One Time will be fighting for that vacant title.

Floyd after Diaz yeah right didnt Khan try this same stupid shyt

Fukk Floyd care about unifying a paper title:mjlol:

WBA dont even care about unification, when the last time they had one, the Interim title thing is simply a way for promoters boost certain fighters without them actually fighting names.....there is a reason Interim titles magically appear on certain fighters at certain times.........

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
http://fighthype.com/news/article16450.html

PAULIE "THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER" MALIGNAGGI HOPES VICTORY OVER SHAWN PORTER WILL LEAD TO WELTERWEIGHT UNIFICATION WITH FLOYD MAYWEATHER
By Ben Thompson | March 25, 2014
pauliemalignaggi5.jpg

"Obviously it would depend on how I win the IBF title; not just winning it, but winning it in a good fashion puts me near the front of the class among some other fighters," stated two-division world champion Paulie Malignaggi, who talked about the importance of his upcoming April 19 showdown with IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter. As far as Malignaggi is concerned, a victory over Porter, combined with his recent accomplishments, should be enough to put him next in line for an opportunity to face undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd "Money" Mayweather.

"If you look at my last 3 years or so, 3-plus years since I got with Golden Boy and since I got with Eric Brown, my trainer, I might be undefeated. The only loss I took was the Adrien Broner fight, you know. I've steadily shown a lot of world-class ability. I've grown as a fighter. I've grown as an individual," Malignaggi explained. "I feel I'm in the best place and best position possible, even in my life in general, to be able to handle the pressure of a big Floyd Mayweather fight, so I think winning the IBF title and creating a chance for unification, you know, that's bar none; that puts you among the big names in the weight class."

Provided he's victorious and becomes a three-time world champion, Malignaggi also brought up valid reasons why he would make the most sense financially over other opponents for Mayweather. "Let's face it, who's name is really in the Mayweather mix? Danny Garcia? Okay, he's at 140; he's not coming up yet. Amir Khan? Amir Khan's a good fighter, but he hasn't looked so spectacular lately. I mean, who else is there? Keith Thurman? Needs some bigger names; needs some more name recognition. A solid fighter, but needs some more name recognition to get a fight of that magnitude," he continued. "So really, am I out of line to say that I can be in there too? Am I really that much out of line? I mean, you can't just invent names either; you can't go to Top Rank either, you know what I mean, because there's that whole boxing war thing going on. So really, am I that much out of line to say, 'Oh yo, I belong in the mix too. I won the IBF title, yo. I belong in the mix too'? I'm not; I'm not at all."

Malignaggi added, "People are so close-minded, they kind of go off the other side and start saying, 'Oh, what is this guy thinking. This guy did this and this guy did that in his career.' Yeah, but I'm in a better position now. I'm at my best right now; not because I'm in my prime because part of my prime was a few years ago, but I'm in the best position possible to mazximize my potential, and when I maximize my potential, I'm sill a handful to deal with."

@krackdagawd......I'm actually on Paulie's side on this. I believe a victory over Shawn Porter for the IBF title is better than a non-title victory over Luis Collazo.

Plus, he's finally admitting he lost to AB:ohlawd:

But yeah, I'd give Paulie the nod over Khan if he beats Porter:manny:

You better be riding for Paulie from here on out :ufdup:

The better he does the better Broner's win over him looks :mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
WBA dont even care about unification, when the last time they had one, the Interim title thing is simply a way for promoters boost certain fighters without them actually fighting names.....there is a reason Interim titles magically appear on certain fighters at certain times.........

It wont be a unification.

Keith Thurman is the mandatory challenger for the winner of the Floyd vs Maidana fight. Whoever wins the belt has to fight Keith Thurman next, unless they vacate the belt.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
You better be riding for Paulie from here on out :ufdup:

The better he does the better Broner's win over him looks :mjpls:

Shhhhhhhhh.......I've been doing that on the low for PDL and Antonio DeMarco already:scheme:

Of course I need Paulie to regain a Championship for my "rooting interests":youngsabo:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Anyone else think SHO bidding on the Stevenson fight is a good thing for boxing?
I think it means they're tryna make Stevenson v Hopkins, the fight and build up to that fight would be :wow:

It gives Kovalev a chance to face Pascal or Stevenson's old foes (Dawson, Cloud) who would all be steps up compared to the competition he's faced

That's if Kovalev wants to face such stiff competition :mjpls:

garcia vs broner in brooklyn:smugbiden:

If it happens I'll be front row :damn::to:with every punch that lands