Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Freddie Roach quotes on Manny Pacquiao/Timothy Bradley from boxingscene.com

“Manny started the week a little slow due to jetlag but finished off strong on Saturday. He was just brilliant in his sparring on Saturday. His footwork was effortless, his hand speed was blazing and his power is as good as it’s ever been."
“We are training for big game in this fight. Manny knows he is going to have to hunt Bradley down and close the show this time. The first fight with Bradley was so easy for Manny that after six rounds he just took it easy on him. Not this time. Our Mantra is ‘Close the show. No mercy.’ You don’t have don’t have to be a groundhog to know that Bradley’s days as welterweight champ are numbered. It’s Last Call for Bradley on April 12.
“Manny is really motivated for this fight. We decided no matter how many fights we have remaining, we are determined to run the table and win every one. And when it is over it is going to be as world champion. And that can only happen with a total and absolute victory over Bradley.
“Bradley says he fought Manny last time with two bad feet. I don’t remember him coming into the ring in a wheelchair. He hurt his feet when Manny connected his power punches on him. Manny hit Bradley so hard it broke his ankles."
“For Bradley to say ‘Manny doesn’t have the hunger anymore and it’s never coming back’ and ‘Manny no longer has his killer instinct,’ that tells me that Bradley is still suffering from the concussion Provodnikov laid on him.”

:russ:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
On another note brehs, I dont care what anybody says, but Vitali Klitschko is one of the most UNDERRATED fighters I have ever seen.

He's never touched the deck in any of his career fights and was never beaten in any fight ever. The loss to Chris Byrd was due to him tearing his rotator cuff in the fight and the fight was stopped with Klitschko not being able to continue......and he was winning 88-83, 88-83, 89-82 on all 3 of the judges scorecards at the time. Unfortunately, wack ass Chris Byrd got a "TKO" victory:camby:

His fight with Lennox Lewis, Vitali was winning 58-56 on all 3 judge scorecards when the fight was stopped by the doctor. Vitali was also outlanding him 156 to 102 in total punches (79 Vitali to 50 Lennox in power punches). Lennox was turning up, but we'll never know how that fight would've ended.

Vitali's reach, chin, power, conditioning, and boxing skill would've been tough for anyone to beat period....only the elite of the elite. I dont have a list where I rank Vitali, but I put him amongst Tyson, Lewis, Holmes, and Holyfield as the best 5 Heavyweights (since 1980)
His stock went down -1000 when he ducked a washed up Rahman

Bottom line is both Klits get slighted because of their negotiating /ducking tactics, if a certain style doesn't mess let Wlad handle him and Vice Versa.....

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Manny hit Bradley so hard it broke his ankles

l2a4NtS.gif

FGamCH2.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I can't front, Roach getting a nikka hyped for this Manny/Bradley rematch.

:heh::deadrose: at the " he didn't come to the ring in a wheel chair. Manny hit him so hard it broke his ankles."

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they have something like that? :ohhh:

Yes sir!

I've had times when I've at least thought about being involved in boxing in some type of way

You've even had professional boxers attend the seminar just to learn about the promotional aspects of boxing for their own knowledge or just for life after boxing. Although I feel promoting is really some hands on shyt that you gotta do yourself, I've heard this is really good.

Now is probably a good time to go. It's been going on for awhile, so they've probably perfected their setup. Tuition has dropped as well, as it use to be much more expensive to go.

EDIT

I just saw that synistr already answered the question. I wanted to respond to you about the fukkery of dealing with a professional boxer (& boxing in general) which is correct, which is why I've always been reluctant to pursue it.

Maybe when I'm in a better place in life I will make a run at it, but more in an advisor role.

:salute:to all the smaller mma/boxing promotional companies out there grinding & putting in the work. Fans don't really have a clue what goes into giving these guys a platform to show off their talent.

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i might one day out of curiosity but that promoter life isnt for me...my homie, who is on hank lundy's team and who deals with other fighters, goes through some shyt with these fighters..the stories he's told me about the fukkery they get into..they are like babysitters at times lol

I aint really tryin to do too much with it. Its more about learning for me and also being able to propagate the sport. Here in NC, there are plenty of boxing fans but no boxing. Its not a hotbed either, lol. I do have some ideas and would like to bring in a show every now and then. Had I been in the game I couldve established a good rapport already and possibly signed some fighters. I knew several fighters when they were amateurs or early in their pro careers before they had management or promoters. Tavoris Cloud is one. I met him when he was in his 4th pro fight. He was buried on a card with a lot of less talented guys. The moment I saw him, I was like he is gonna be good. He did end up fighting Hopkins so I was proud of my eye for talent...because NOBODY knew who this kid was and he used to train here with Don Turner down on the coast. I would see him doing roadwork on occasion.

Luckily he made it...but there are many others who have talent but sometimes they dont get that break and like you said...its hard keeping them focused and motivated. Cloud was motivated...and he was a very quiet guy so he wasnt really about that trouble life. :myman:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EDIT

I just saw that synistr already answered the question. I wanted to respond to you about the fukkery of dealing with a professional boxer (& boxing in general) which is correct, which is why I've always been reluctant to pursue it.

Maybe when I'm in a better place in life I will make a run at it, but more in an advisor role.

:salute:to all the smaller mma/boxing promotional companies out there grinding & putting in the work. Fans don't really have a clue what goes into giving these guys a platform to show off their talent.

yeah....lol. I aint tryin to be in it full time yet. I just want to be able to throw on some local shows here and there and maybe some MMA even. there is more MMA here in NC than boxing. :snoop: its crazy. even on an ESPN telecast, we only sell out half of our arena (PNC...where NC State plays, seats nearly 20k) yet when Raw or Smackdown is here the shyt is outta control. :mindblown:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
random question: how many of you know someone OUTSIDE of The Coli that knows as much about boxing as you? in other words are you the most knowledgeable boxing head you know?

:ld:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
punch stats are just a guy in the back nobody even knows about or has ever heard of pressing a button. the punch stat person is not a boxing person or someone that comes from boxing its just somebody that works for the tv network doing a job. punch stats cant measure if a punch was just a grazing shot or if it was a shot that really hurt a fighter. its all the same to the person pressing that punch stat button which means its all just empty numbers and cant really tell you about a real fight. its an attempt to try to turn boxing into a sport but boxing at the most basic level is not a sport the way basketball or baseball is a sport. you cant play boxing. punch stats dont really mean anything some things you just got to pass through your eye test and knowledge on what you know about boxing.

also...punchstat is subjective as hell :mjlol:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Funny how I've seen all this talk about Wilder lately. Like he's actually fought any live bodies :comeon: If anybody's gonna get exposed, it's him.

Bryant Jennings would give him the work if they fought. Jennings has quickly become my favorite American Heavyweight. For the longest it was Eddie Chambers (I used to be a semi-stan lol).

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
random question: how many of you know someone OUTSIDE of The Coli that knows as much about boxing as you? in other words are you the most knowledgeable boxing head you know?

I used to know more real boxing fans when I actually went to the boxing gym to train, but as of now I only have like one person that I know who is a boxing fan, but he ain't some hardcore head like us though.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Funny how I've seen all this talk about Wilder lately. Like he's actually fought any live bodies :comeon: If anybody's gonna get exposed, it's him.

Bryant Jennings would give him the work if they fought. Jennings has quickly become my favorite American Heavyweight. For the longest it was Eddie Chambers (I used to be a semi-stan lol).

Jennings seems to be the real deal right now. He just doesn't get the props he deserves though. :snoop:

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X

Most people I know are casuals. I knew a few very knowledgeable fans, but most really don't know shyt.

Boxden is the worst though, most of those fukkers are just Mayweather stans :snoop: