Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
At least we beat Paulie:blessed:

G1jlFPK.gif

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Sugar Ray Leonard changed the game, made it about business first...boxing second. Oscar De La Hoya took that blueprint and expanded on it. Floyd learned from Oscar and is running with it.

Boxing has always been a business first, sport second. I believe it was Larry Holmes who said if you want to be the best, fight in the amateurs nygga. This is prize fighting

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ar.../floyd-mayweather-earn-100-million-per-fight/
In order to make the really big money in the world of professional fight promotion, you need to follow the Floyd Mayweather's highly creative and highly lucrative business model. The reason Floyd Mayweather is able to take home as much as $80 million from a single night's work is because he owns every single aspect of his own events. Whenever Mayweather fights someone, he puts up all the money for the entire show, himself. He pays for the venue, the insurance, the vendors and even his opponent's purse, out of his own pocket. When Mayweather fought Saul Alvarez, he spent $15-20 million of his own money before a single punch was even thrown. He also put aside $40 million for himself as an appearance fee. The major risk Floyd is taking is that all these expenses occur before the fight happens. If there was a natural disaster like a hurricane, the fight would be canceled and Floyd would be out of luck.

On the other hand, when the Alvarez fight did go through as planned, more than 2.2 million households ordered it on Pay Per View for $65 which generated $150 million worth of revenue. Even after a large percentage was taken out for the distributors and costs, Floyd was still left with a $45 million bonus. And 100% of that money went directly into his bank account (after taxes). When you add Mayweather's $40 million appearance fee and his $45 million PPV bonus, you can start to understand why he makes $85 million for a single fight.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I need the expert opinion of some of my boxing brethren, so @patscorpio , @SuikodenII , @Tuaminator , @King P , @Newzz , @ChocolateGiddyUp , and fukk it @Skip b help me with this:

What's your opinion on the Charlo twins? Are either of them elite? Any potential? I've only seen Jermell fight twice and Jermall once. That Hopkins fight was brutal to watch too. I was hoping to see Jermall fight Molina. I've had people ask me, but I can't give an uninformed opinion. I'm trying to watch some older fights, but let me know.

BTW, no offense to anyone I didn't include. Those are just the names I see most in here when I post.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I need the expert opinion of some of my boxing brethren, so @patscorpio , @SuikodenII , @Tuaminator , @King P , @Newzz , @ChocolateGiddyUp , and fukk it @Skip b help me with this:

What's your opinion on the Charlo twins? Are either of them elite? Any potential? I've only seen Jermell fight twice and Jermall once. That Hopkins fight was brutal to watch too. I was hoping to see Jermall fight Molina. I've had people ask me, but I can't give an uninformed opinion. I'm trying to watch some older fights, but let me know.

BTW, no offense to anyone I didn't include. Those are just the names I see most in here when I post.

I think Jermell Charlo is the real deal. The way he destroyed Gabriel Rosado at his natural weight was:ohlawd:

I think Jermell is gonna be a problem at 154. He showed Peter Quillin how you're supposed to put hands on a Gabriel Rosado.

I havent seen enough of Jermall to speak on him confidently.

I will say this though. Errol Spence, Demetrius Andrade, and Jermell Charlo are gonna be a serious problem at 154.

It sounds funny saying Andrade when he's already a champion, but he's heavily overlooked

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Those Charlo boys are the real deal and if they develop like I think they can they will run 154. Y'all saw what Jermell did to Gabe Rosado. I know Rosado isn't all that good but he was giving Quillin all sorts of problems before the cut and even had some pockets of success against GGG when his eyeballs weren't bleeding but he was totally useless against Jermell. Jermell won every round easy. I think Jermall is the better of the 2 and the more powerful of the 2, but not by much. Shame Molina got pinched cause that was gonna be Jermall's coming out party

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

elite now? no..potential possible..they are competent boxers and being brought along properly...im on the fence with them myself until they face higher caliber fighters

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
With Ronnie Shields in their corner, they both have a shot at being top 5 at 154 by the end of the year, they just need good opponents

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How about we bet on Paulie vs. Broner 2 if that ever happens, now that we got Uncle Al protection. :youngsabo:

Or the Maidana rematch if that happens instead. :youngsabo:

If those fights happen we'll definitely be doing some wagers :handshake:

Also I take it your proposition means you're not confident Santino Malignaggi will beat Porter this April

Prove me wrong Krack :mjpls:

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@King P @ChocolateGiddyUp @That Good 510 Six months ago :wow:

Six months ago Danny showed the world how PR pride, PR power and PR precision punching could stop and drop "The Machine"

They said he was scared so he closed his eye and beat Matthysse into :wrist:

I've included an HD video of the fight so #MatthysseMafia can enjoy their loss in all it's beauty
ZHgCROL.png

Celebramos oficialmente este sábado con una masacre mexicana en Puerto Rico
ZHgCROL.png

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@King P @ChocolateGiddyUp @That Good 510 Six months ago :wow:

Six months ago Danny showed the world how PR pride, PR power and PR precision punching could stop and drop "The Machine"

They said he was scared so he closed his eye and beat Matthysse into :wrist:

I've included an HD video of the fight so #MatthysseMafia can enjoy their loss in all it's beauty
ZHgCROL.png

Celebramos oficialmente este sábado con una masacre mexicana en Puerto Rico
ZHgCROL.png

Started from The Rings most disrespected over looked Stan crew

To ruling The Ring with an Iron fist:banderas:

Danny aain't losing to no fukking Mexicans ever:jawalrus:

#swiftset:demonic:

:blessed: