Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
140 is clearly Alexander best division so stop talking your shyt, didn't I warn you once........

Fukk is you pursuing:childplease:

You are FAR from considered some type of boxing authority around here, like I gotta prove something to you:heh:

Asking me "what I am pursuing":rudy::what::dahell:

You lucky we even allow you to post in here lil nikka:ufdup:

You better be grateful and play your position while you in here. Your boxing knowledge is still suspect lil nikka:pacspit:

LIKE I SAID, I believe Marcos Maidana is a better boxer than Lucas Matthysse and their resumes prove it to me thus far

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
AB been training on the low all along:russ:

[/URL]
#[/url]

Amir Khan bout to get this work:ufdup:

Running 6 miles on a random Tuesday afternoon:ahh:

Finally posting pics of him doing something in regards to training:blessed:

#BandCamp

yo moms

drunk
Daps
On a sidenote, Marcos Maidana was 2-1 in the amateurs vs Lucas Matthysse.

Just wanted to mention that to those of you who told me that Maidana isnt better than Matthysse. I know it was the amateurs, but still. It's about who lands more and more "pure" boxing in the amateurs.......and Maidana won:mjpls:

coming from an amateur boxer. amateur boxing decisions are bullshyt. these judges have no idea what they are watching.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=75267#ixzz2v1yH9dIH

Jermall Charlo Considers Carlos Molina 'A Stepping Stone' Posted by: Keith Idec on 3/4/2014 .

By Keith Idec
If Jermall Charlo’s confidence is an accurate indication of how he’ll fight Saturday night, Carlos Molina might just be headed for his first real loss in seven years.

Charlo called Molina a “stepping stone” and referred to himself as an “elite fighter” in advance of their 12-round fight for Molina’s IBF junior middleweight title. The Molina-Charlo clash will be part of the Canelo Alvarez-Alfredo Angulo undercard at MGM Grand in Las Vegas (Showtime Pay-Per-View; $59.95 in HD; 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT).

“This is like a regular fight to me,” Charlo said. “I work hard for every fight. Carlos Molina, he is just a stepping stone and I just have to get past this obstacle. Once my team gets past this, I feel like we’ll be at the top forever.”

The 23-year-old Charlo, the twin brother of fellow junior middleweight contender Jermell Charlo (23-0, 11 KOs), is 17-0 and has knocked out 13 of his professional opponents since he made his debut in September 2008. He has not, however, fought a former world champion or a top 10 contender during his ascent toward this title shot.

Houston’s Charlo did knock out once-formidable Antwone Smith (23-5-1, 12 KOs) in the second round of their Aug. 9 fight in Indio, Calif., but Smith had lost three of his previous eight bouts, including a ninth-round TKO defeat to Detroit’s Lanardo Tyner (31-9-2, 20 KOs).

“This fight is big,” said Charlo, who works with respected trainer Ronnie Shields. “It’s major. I’m 17-0 right now. I haven’t even clinched 20 fights and I’m fighting for a world title. I feel like I’m an elite fighter. I have an elite team behind me. So it’s just a matter of time.”

The Mexican-born, Chicago-bred Molina is 22-5-2, but his lone loss since February 2007 was a disqualification defeat to James Kirkland in March 2012 in Houston. Molina was winning that 12-round elimination match on two of three scorecards, but was disqualified because one of his corner men entered the ring before the 10th round officially ended.

The 30-year-old Molina also is much more proven against accomplished opposition. In addition to his strong performance against the heavy-handed Kirkland, Molina has beaten former world champions Ishe Smith, Cory Spinks and Kermit Cintron in the past 2½ years.

Charlo isn’t impressed. Molina has not been knocked out in 29 professional fights, but Charlo believes he can change that.

“This is like any other fight I’ve ever had,” Charlo said. “In 2013, none of my opponents had been knocked out. I knocked them out. I face top guys and it’s just another day at the office for me.”

Keith Idec covers boxing for The Record and Herald News, of Woodland Park, N.J., and BoxingScene.com. He can be reached on Twitter @Idecboxing.

He called Molina a stepping stone:dead:

@patscorpio :mjpls:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
AB been training on the low all along:russ:

[/URL]
#[/url]

Amir Khan bout to get this work:ufdup:

Running 6 miles on a random Tuesday afternoon:ahh:

Finally posting pics of him doing something in regards to training:blessed:

#BandCamp
So...No pics of the beer belly huh:mjpls:

Who's the more annoying troll Broner or Khan:ohlawd:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
coming from an amateur boxer. amateur boxing decisions are bullshyt. these judges have no idea what they are watching.

Amateur wins/losses arent the end all be all, but in this instance, it's more like added fuel to my fire.

Being that Maidana is 2-1 in head to head matchups in the amateurs against Matthysse and has the better professional resume, I have to assume that Maidana is the better boxer of the 2:manny:

yo moms

drunk
Daps
Amateur wins/losses arent the end all be all, but in this instance, it's more like added fuel to my fire.

Being that Maidana is 2-1 in the amateurs and has the better professional resume, I have to assume that Maidana is the better boxer of the 2:manny:

probably :yeshrug:

matthyse as a puncher tho :whew:

he would have knocked khans jaw clean off.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
probably :yeshrug:

matthyse as a puncher tho :whew:

he would have knocked khans jaw clean off.

I'm not gonna deny that at ALL. Matthysse is a harder puncher than Maidana. Matthysse has 1 punch KO power, Maidana doesnt

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Being that Maidana is 2-1 in head to head matchups in the amateurs against Matthysse and has the better professional resume, I have to assume that Maidana is the better boxer of the 2:manny:
We'll be sure when they finally duke it out......LM also had a knockdown in one of those matches.........

yo moms

drunk
Daps
I'm not gonna deny that at ALL. Matthysse is a harder puncher than Maidana. Matthysse has 1 punch KO power, Maidana doesnt

i was rewatching this the other day. puts his power and speed into perspective even tho he lost.

i like watching it from these cameras. it feels more like you are there.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
i think maidana is more of savage than matthysse. he throws more punches. matthysse is more of an assassin, if that makes sense.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Mayweather vs. Maidana: Co-Main could be Adrien Broner against John Molina
By Kory Kitchen@KoryKitchen32 on Mar 4 2014, 2:26p 83
171175475.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Al Bello
Get the latest Global Boxing News and Commentary news with Bad Left Hook
Follow Bad Left Hook on Twitter
Like Bad Left Hook Facebook
Adrien Broner may be dropping down to 140 for his next fight which could also be the co-main for Floyd Mayweather's PPV.

TweetShare on Twitter(9)ShareShare on Facebook(68)Share Share with BOXING friends 83 Comments

It's looking like the potentially fun Amir Khan - Adrien Broner clash will have to be put on hold. Fight Hype is reporting the main fight under consideration for being the chief supporting bout for the Floyd Mayweather/Marcos Maidana PPV is going to be Broner moving down in weight to face John Molina.

Molina is 27-3 with 21 KO's. He's a middle-of-the-road type boxer who you may remember for rallying to stop Mickey Bey in the tenth round last July. It was a tremendous comeback win in the final seconds of a fight that he was losing, and It's likely what has earned him this opportunity. The other fight you may remember him for is his 1st round knockout loss to Antonio DeMarco in September 2012. He got caught with a straight left hand as soon as the fight began and it was waved off after a mere 44 seconds. DeMarco was then destroyed by Broner only two months later.

DeMarco is the pair's only common opponent which doesn't mean everything, styles do make fights and such, but probably gives us a good indication of who the big favorite is here. This is a get-well fight for Broner who was hammered by Maidana and didn't look impressive in decisioning Paulie Malignaggi before that, either. Those two fights were at welterweight, this will take place at junior welter if it is agreed to.

The Fight Hype article also states that Molina signed with Al Haymon last month. Broner is also with Haymon, as is seemingly everyone in boxing these days. Even Khan is negotiating with Haymon at the moment. In other words, this will be an easy fight to make.

It's nice having Broner on the card but it isn't much of a chief support to the main event. I mean, it's still better than some of the junk we've seen over the years (time to take shots at Bob Arum!) but it isn't that good either, especially since Golden Boy had raised the bar with Danny Garcia - Lucas Matthysse on the Mayweather/Canelo Alvarez card in September. A fight between Broner and Khan would have created considerable buzz but it looks like Broner wants to go to 140 while Khan may be moving up to 147. Where's a catchweight when you need it?

A report on the other potential undercard fights for the Mayweather PPV show, featuring Abner Mares, can be found here.