Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:
But I thought Ghost was his mandatory. ..
So Floyd ducked Alexander too??
Maidana wouldn't have gotten the fight over the winner of Khan/Alexander. Theres no way

your lack of boxing knowledge has no boundaries. :snoop:

Floyd cant fight everyone. Alexander was not a duck. Floyd wanted Alexander but he went ahead and got Guerrero out of the way since the mandatory wouldve been due before Sept. Sho lost money on the Guerrero fight so Alexander wasnt big enough to recoup the losses on the next fight. They had to have a huge name, enter Canelo.

Yes, Maidana's win over AB wouldve been bigger than Khan's win over Alexander of vise-versa. AB was in his 2nd million dollar purse fight in a row. He had become a very popular fighter. Dont show your ignorance though, Maidana wouldve never got a Floyd fight EVER if he didnt beat AB. :comeon: but that victory was enough to warrant it, even if Khan had beat Alexander....which is doubtful because Devon is more solid, plus Khan didnt look that hot.

boxing at the Mayweather level is more about timing and business than just fighting a guy just because he has been waiting for a shot.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
mayweathervsmosley.jpg

Mayweather-vs.-Mosley-4.jpg

Floyd body shots had Mosley looking like cell form 2 vs Super vegeta nikka :birdman:

Floyd is a deadlier body puncher than head puncher being that he doesnt have to worry about breaking his fist on a someones belly......

Like I said I dont have the time to up a million GIfs to simply be ignored, his body work was golden vs Guerrero and Canelo, the only recent fight he had issues hitting the body was vs Cotto, because Cotto kept a pretty tight guard, hiding behind them grant pillow 10 0z gloves.....

I did reference this fight...as it was the one in most recent history where he put in major work downstairs.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
your lack of boxing knowledge has no boundaries. :snoop:

Floyd cant fight everyone. Alexander was not a duck. Floyd wanted Alexander but he went ahead and got Guerrero out of the way since the mandatory wouldve been due before Sept. Sho lost money on the Guerrero fight so Alexander wasnt big enough to recoup the losses on the next fight. They had to have a huge name, enter Canelo.

Yes, Maidana's win over AB wouldve been bigger than Khan's win over Alexander of vise-versa. AB was in his 2nd million dollar purse fight in a row. He had become a very popular fighter. Dont show your ignorance though, Maidana wouldve never got a Floyd fight EVER if he didnt beat AB. :comeon: but that victory was enough to warrant it, even if Khan had beat Alexander....which is doubtful because Devon is more solid, plus Khan didnt look that hot.

boxing at the Mayweather level is more about timing and business than just fighting a guy just because he has been waiting for a shot.

Only one showing ignorance here is you.. especially when Khan never even fought Alexander but still won the official poll by a landslide that Floydie put out between him and Maidana who just beat Adrian Broner ...but somehow to you that win would be bigger than Khan beating Devon :skip:

Last edited:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I think that is true of anyone regarding Floyd. The only way someone will get credit is if they flat out dominate him. At least in the first fight (assuming a rematch) if someone catches Floyd with a punch and knocked him out, most would say it was a "lucky" punch.
The biggest thing would be the fukkery. It wouldn't matter how he lost, the fukkery would be Broner x 1,000,000 from fans.

And I never predict Floyd KO's...at 147 lbs he has fought 11 times with 3 stoppages. That is a KO% of only 27%, with the fact that 1 stoppage vs Ortiz (which you could say was "unsportsmanlike") and vs Hatton (who was significantly smaller).
Fighting Maidana, who has never been stopped...no way I think Floyd wins by KO.

Khan wouldve KO'd Maidana, had the bodyshot knockdown not been with like 10 seconds to go in the round

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
HBO will be showing Froch vs. Groves II. I'm not sure they can do this cause they didn't air it originally, but it would be nice if they aired the original fight in it's entirety before the rematch with dubbed in HBO commentary

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only one showing ignorance here is you.. especially when Khan never even fought Alexander but still won the official poll by a landslide that Floydie put out between him and Maidana who just beat Adrian Broner ...but somehow to you that win would be bigger than Khan beating Devon :skip:

u mean when Khan called on his UK fans to vote?
nikka....if Yao Ming wouldve asked for his fans to vote he'd be fighting Floyd :rudy:

"A joint statement from Mayweather's team and Golden Boy Promotions said the "overwhelming majority" of the 200,000-plus fans who voted on social media picked Maidana, who has won 35 of his 38 fights, including 31 by knockout."

:usure: I am confused? is this the unofficial official poll you are speaking of? or maybe its the official unofficial poll? :heh: