Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For some reason I have a feeling AB can't make 140, or else they woulda been had him fighting at that weight

you may be right...but my opinion is that was absolutely not the case

the money is at WW and he was in the right place at the right time to snatch a belt from one of the most popular but weakest WW champions in history.

the fight with Paulie was the "easiest" fight for the money. basically, put it like this....if Paulie was at 140, they wouldve fought there. he was the perfect opponent because of his lack of power for anyone moving up, not just AB. it was a fast track move.

way too much risk vs reward at 140 for him to fight there at that time. the least dangerous top fighter was Peterson....and that would be just about an even fight to me. its unlikely he could beat Swift or Matthysse....but even his team was confident they could...you just dont move to a higher weight class and face hard punchers your first fight out.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:laff: there was a thread about a month ago on boxingscene about manny ducking nate, someone actually said this shyt. now i fukks with nate hardbody, before the peden fights, when he was on dibella broadway boxing shows. He would have gotten a payday out of it BUT he would have taken a fukking beatdown from manny at that time.

real talk though....Manny was a great fighter at the lower weights but the Nate and Casa that fought each other.....they were both prime then and wouldve been a pure handful for Manny. Even Freitas. Those fighters were a lot less shopworn at the time and stylistically wouldve gave Manny fits. Young Nate was better than the Nate that beat Diaz. I picked Nate to win that fight. Young Nate moved his head. When he got older his head movement was non-existent. Casa always was a pretty tricky boxer and defensive fighter. Their eras missed each other though as Manny was at featherweight and those guys were just about ready to jump to lightweight.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
i gotta say from the pics i saw earlier..vera looks good and hungry..im praying that he finds some knockout power to stop jr saturday night
saturday will be a nice night of boxing!
abraham v stilig
burns v crawford
hbo card!

:cheers::eat::piss::krs: