Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Everything brother Bob said was right though. Floydie needs to do the right thing and select his opponent so they can properly train... What could he possibly be waiting on? Something strange is definitely up
While I think it's silly Floyd hasn't picked his opponent yet, I can't agree with what Arum was talking about.

At the end of the day, Floyd doesn't owe Khan anything. Khan has only himself to blame. Nobody told him to stay inactive waiting on a Floyd fight. That was his choosing. He could have fought Alexander in December and still gotten the Floyd fight. Had he beat Devon, it would've been easier to get him a Floyd fight. But nah, he's just sat around waiting for Floyd, a fight that hasn't been guaranteed to him. It's not a disgrace, it's just how the game goes. Khan put all his eggs in the Mayweather basketball, and it might not work out. That's on him though.

And it's funny how Mr. Arum is talking shyt, considering how he likes to keep Guillermo Rigondeaux on the shelf for extended periods of time :usure:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
While I think it's silly Floyd hasn't picked his opponent yet, I can't agree with what Arum was talking about.

At the end of the day, Floyd doesn't owe Khan anything. Khan has only himself to blame. Nobody told him to stay inactive waiting on a Floyd fight. That was his choosing. He could have fought Alexander in December and still gotten the Floyd fight. Had he beat Devon, it would've been easier to get him a Floyd fight. But nah, he's just sat around waiting for Floyd, a fight that hasn't been guaranteed to him. It's not a disgrace, it's just how the game goes. Khan put all his eggs in the Mayweather basketball, and it might not work out. That's on him though.

And it's funny how Mr. Arum is talking shyt, considering how he likes to keep Guillermo Rigondeaux on the shelf for extended periods of time :usure:

ani-jane_lynch-thumbs_up.gif

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s

You right he doesnt owe Khan shyt.. But had his team not given Khan the impression that he was getting that fight, we might have still gotten to see Devon/Amir

Why is Bob keeping Rigo on the shelf though?? :youngsabo:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
You right he doesnt owe Khan shyt.. But had his team not given Khan the impression that he was getting that fight, we might have still gotten to see Devon/Amir

How about Khan messing it for Alexander who was one fight away from a Floyd fight himself, then having trying to get up to fight the sparring partner Porter

Besides it's not Mayweather fault Khan kept getting dropped and his ass whooped he was supposed be next for like 2 years now.....It's Mayweather who is at the inconvience here since Khan aint deserve the match one bit, all Khan had to do has beat a fighter a fighter tailor made for him, if he felt he couldnt beat Devon, why should people pay to see him fight the best out and a lock top 10 ATG

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

breh...you cant use that type of logic. Khan was scared to risk it against Devon. Remember, at one time there were strong talks about Devon being next...wayyyyy before Khan, but Devon still agreed to fight Khan and subsequently Porter. Khan and his team's own reluctance will have cost them the fight if he doesnt get it. Not Floyd.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
How about Khan messing it for Alexander who was one fight away from a Floyd fight himself, then having trying to get up to fight the sparring partner Porter

Besides it's not Mayweather fault Khan kept getting dropped and his ass whooped he was supposed be next for like 2 years now.....It's Mayweather who is at the inconvience here since Khan aint deserve the match one bit, all Khan had to do has beat a fighter a fighter tailor made for him, if he felt he couldnt beat Devon, why should people pay to see him fight the best out and a lock top 10 ATG

How was Floyd at an inconvenience?? You lost me there.. Khan never should've never even been considered an opponent by Floyd after he was KO'd by Garcia and the way he struggled against Julio Diaz his last fight..

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
How was Floyd at an inconvenience?? You lost me there.. Khan never should've never even been considered an opponent by Floyd after he was KO'd by Garcia and the way he struggled against Julio Diaz his last fight..
Because if Khan fought Khan or Guerrero like he was supposed to this wouldnt have been a discussion and the fight would have been signed.....

This is a mess of Khans making, this shyt is all his fault......Mayweather has fought and beat them all, so this aint on Mayweather, I nwould rather pay money to watch Mayweather fight a bum on the street rather than Khan, at least that bum may be able to take a shot and throw a educated punched

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
regardless. Khan is trying to weasel his way in to a fight he doesnt deserve. if he gets it, he should be ecstatic. if he doesnt....he has no right to feel some kinda way. you earn your spot by winning fights and when he comes down to "what have you done lately" Khan has done the absolute least out of all possible challengers.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Because if Khan fought Khan or Guerrero like he was supposed to this wouldnt have been a discussion and the fight would have been signed.....

This is a mess of Khans making, this shyt is all his fault......Mayweather has fought and beat them all, so this aint on Mayweather, I nwould rather pay money to watch Mayweather fight a bum on the street rather than Khan, at least that bum may be able to take a shot and throw a educated punched

Yet Khan is somehow a frontrunner for a fight with Floyd Mayweather. They told Khan he was gonna get that fight breh causing him to cancel and not risk a fight with Devon.. Now they're backpedaling after the fact and doing this fake poll and got khan sitting there looking stupid.. This is all Arum was saying

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marquez-Alvarado Will Have a Catch-Weight of 144

http://www.boxingscene.com/marquez-alvarado-catch-weight-144--74838

Henry Delgado, manager of former champion Mike Alvarado, has revealed that a proposed fight with Mexican superstar Juan Manuel Marquez would take place at catch-weight of 144-pounds. The fight is being negotiated for May 17th at the legendary Forum in Inglewood, California.

Marquez's last two fights took place in the welterweight division, but Delgado is not worried about the higher weight. He is confident that Alvarado will do very well, since his fighter is naturally bigger than Marquez.

Both fighters are coming off defeats, with Marquez losing a twelve round split decision to WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley last October and Alvarado getting stopped, in the same month, by Ruslan Provodnikov.

If Alvarado wins, Delgado says his boxer would be ready for a rematch with Provodnikov or even a trilogy fight with Brandon Rios.

"The fight would be at 144 pounds, but it doesn't matter. Alvarado will do well at the weight, because he is bigger than Marquez. I hope that by next week they will make an official announcement," Delgado said.

"Anyone who thinks that Alvarado will be easy for Marquez is very wrong. After beating Marquez, we would want a rematch with Provodnikov and with Rios. When [Alvarado] is well trained he can beat anyone."