Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
ortiz was winning i agree but he was like fukk defense from the opening bell and absorbed more punishment than he should have..but then i didn't think at the time josesito had pop like that to really bust him up like that lol :pachaha:

I believe he wanted to look good against Lopez like Canelo did, being that Ortiz was scheduled to face Alvarez in his next fight if he won (then The Punisher got the opportunity but wanted to ride the motorcycle:to:)

Victor wanted that dominant victory and fukked around and got his jaw broke in a fight he had in the bag:snoop:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Exactly..That's always been his biggest flaw, but some people will sympathize with dude and say his biggest flaw was his lack of punching power due to his brittle hands even though guys with the same problem (lack of power) such as Spinks and Bryd managed to have better careers getting much better wins in the sport. The difference is they had much better defense than Paulie. I just :snoop: every time cats overlook that shyt.
Very true. I think it often gets overlooked as well. Offensively Paulie is very good. I actually think he is more skilled offensively than defensively. He consistently lands his jabs and can land power punches, it just is ineffective because he protects his hands and doesn't have any pop. He can look defensively good if you aren't really paying attention because his chin is excellent, but he gets hit there A LOT.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Lopez needs to be Broner's next match, he may beat Broner's ass also

:rudy:

So Broner can beat him and yall call Lopez a "laundromat worker" as well like yall call Daniel Ponce De Leon, Antonio DeMarco, and Paulie Malignaggi:camby:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
there's nothing to mention...Ortiz is coming back tonight due to that fight lol
Yeah he broke his jaw, Ortiz was beating his ass and winning though:heh:

People claiming this type of victory is as idiotic as them racist as MMA fans claiming a legit Weidman victory over Silva after the leg injury........

But you are lightweight right, so I can't even rant here:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
ortiz was winning i agree but he was like fukk defense from the opening bell and absorbed more punishment than he should have..but then i didn't think at the time josesito had pop like that to really bust him up like that lol :pachaha:

Ortiz was winning, but barely. He was making that fight much harder than it should have been. He was fighting with his B game while Lopez brought his A game. Oritz is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Power punching motivated pressure boxer that won't quit
or
Power punching motivated pressure boxer that will quit
or
Walking dead unmotivated pressure boxer that can be outboxed
or
No defense having punching machine that goes life and death with you
or
Easily frustrated guy that results in rough house tactics

Just reach in an take your pick.:youngsabo:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Exactly..That's always been his biggest flaw, but some people will sympathize with dude and say his biggest flaw was his lack of punching power due to his brittle hands even though guys with the same problem (lack of power) such as Spinks and Bryd managed to have better careers getting much better wins in the sport. The difference is they had much better defense than Paulie. I just :snoop: every time cats overlook that shyt.
No Paulie's flaw is not his power, he has enough to slap you to death and impose his will, Paulie's flaw is his heart he gets punch hard in the face and he wants to return the favor, on some manly pride shyt. You have to respect a guy like Paulie who is deficient in a major key area, has another job he can fall back on but continues to fight and have that fighter blood in hi, contrary to a Ortiz....................Although this nikka was crying about a side piece:beli:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Ortiz was winning, but barely. He was making that fight much harder than it should have been. He was fighting with his B game while Lopez brought his A game. Oritz is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

Power punching motivated pressure boxer that won't quit
or
Power punching motivated pressure boxer that will quit
or
Walking dead unmotivated pressure boxer that can be outboxed
or
No defense having punching machine that goes life and death with you
or
Easily frustrated guy that results in rough house tactics

Just reach in an take your pick.:youngsabo:

Exactly right, that's why I always feel like Victor Ortiz is a "must see fighter" lol

When he fights his A game, he's a force for anyone at WW not named Floyd Mayweather.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:rudy:

So Broner can beat him and yall call Lopez a "laundromat worker" as well like yall call Daniel Ponce De Leon, Antonio DeMarco, and Paulie Malignaggi:camby:
Broner needs as much easy touches as possible at 147, he's food he need to hide til the dust settles. Lopez can very well can touch his questionable chin.......But interesting exciting fighters, easy touch for Broner why not

If I was his people I select these fights in this order @ 147

Lopez- Tough beatable exciting fighter all rolled up into one

Senchenko-Hatton was whipping his ass, plus high enough rank and respectable fighter, why not

Matthysse- Only after Maiadana fights LM(which will happen in a year or 2), and he can possibly beat Matthysse with LM coming off a Maidana win; one upping his boogeyman, while still avoiding Maidana, I feel MM will have a impregnable mental edge in a rematch

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Exactly right, that's why I always feel like Victor Ortiz is a "must see fighter" lol

When he fights his A game, he's a force for anyone at WW not named Floyd Mayweather.
Exactly why Im pissed lopez bum ass broke his jaw, Lopez ruined close to 2 years of great matches Ortiz could have been involved in; on top of fukkery we missed

Hope Vic pulls it off tonight

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I honestly have no problem with Broner fighting Lopez, Senchenko, or hell even Aydin.

He would be favored, but if those dudes brought their A game they'd make for some interesting moments. If he's gonna stay at 147 or not get an immediate rematch with Maidana, those are good build yourself back up opponents. If he can't win those fights decisively then he might need to reevaluate his career path or approach.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Broner needs as much easy touches as possible at 147, he's food he need to hide til the dust settles. Lopez can very well can touch his questionable chin.......But interesting exciting fighters, easy touch for Broner why not

If I was his people I select these fights in this order @ 147

Lopez- Tough beatable exciting fighter all rolled up into one

Senchenko-Hatton was whipping his ass, plus high enough rank and respectable fighter, why not

Matthysse- Only after Maiadana fights LM(which will happen in a year or 2), and he can possibly beat Matthysse with LM coming off a Maidana win; one upping his boogeyman, while still avoiding Maidana, I feel MM will have a impregnable mental edge in a rematch

He gets no credit for beating Lopez and Senchenko though.

Matthysse? He'd beat Matthysse at 140......no need to wait for Matthysse to come up to 147:manny:

You know and I know Broner isnt built for 147. He might as well go down to 140 now and start off with a Zab Judah/Dierry Jean/Selcuk Aydin type of fighter before coming after Lamont Peterson

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I know you ain't say that shyt, even though you be riding hard for Paulie. About a week or two ago we were in here talking about a potential fight between Paulie and Maidana and some nikkas in here were saying Paulie boxes the shyt outta dude making it seem like he wins 9 or 8 rounds or some shyt. The debate went nowhere some thought Maidana gives him that work while some thought otherwise. At the end of the day we all agreed that they're both B- fighters on the same level that recently got overrated due to them being more competitive than they should have been against Broner.

only broner dikkriders agreed to that. nikka lost to paulie, ponce, and maidana. He below zab judah he the new N'dou :mjlol:

and theres nothing u can do about it:luke:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
That aint what the official records say:smugfloyd:

2 knockdowns couldn't buy another win
0LYkXt