Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Danny Garcia would beat Manny's ass and prolly knock him the fukk out!
I was talking Mikey, of course Swift would make that easy work......

But Whoever says that shytty Garcia with his 25 punches a round throwing ass beats the great Manny Pacquaio, need a lesson or 2 about this boxing shyt.................................:ufdup:

Mikey Garcia the next JMM, and the Mayweather of his family my ass:thumbsdown:, the hype train is rolling though:beli:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I wouldn't call Mikey Garcia boring, although his fights can get that way. Boring is for nikkas like Miguel Vasquez. I just think Mikey's too damn tactical. I remember cats used to say JMM was boring back in the day, but he let his hands go a lot more than Mikey did. He needs to learn to create more openings or at least get a consistent jab going.

Would really like to see him fight a Gamboa/Crawford type of dude before he gets a Manny pay day. We don't know how he'll react to a dude with lots of speed, lateral movement, and angles. I think Top Rank might try to steer him away from those types of styles in order to preserve his invincibility. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw Alvarado at him later on.

Lemme get a Mikey Garcia vs Hank Lundy fight at least. Garcia got the goods, but he's beating dudes that are really tailor made from him although Burgos was just at a higher level in that lane.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I wouldn't call Mikey Garcia boring, although his fights can get that way. Boring is for nikkas like Miguel Vasquez. I just think Mikey's too damn tactical. I remember cats used to say JMM was boring back in the day, but he let his hands go a lot more than Mikey did. He needs to learn to create more openings or at least get a consistent jab going.

Would really like to see him fight a Gamboa/Crawford type of dude before he gets a Manny pay day. We don't know how he'll react to a dude with lots of speed, lateral movement, and angles. I think Top Rank might try to steer him away from those types of styles in order to preserve his invincibility. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw Alvarado at him later on.

Lemme get a Mikey Garcia vs Hank Lundy fight at least. Garcia got the goods, but he's beating dudes that are really tailor made from him although Burgos was just at a higher level in that lane.
JMM moved his hands Way way more, I want to see Mikey fight at ta higher level(not no damn Gamboa) before I can truly scream he aint shyt, he do what he is supposed to do, I just don't feel there is anything special about him, including his pop.....

Crawford is a far far better test than the roidless Gamboa:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
JMM moved his hands Way way more, I want to see Mikey fight at ta higher level(not no damn Gamboa) before I can truly scream he aint shyt, he do what he is supposed to do, I just don't feel there is anything special about him, including his pop.....

Crawford is a far far better test than the roidless Gamboa:manny:

Yeah Crawford is definitely a better test than Gamboa, but he don't have the name. That fight should get talked about after Crawford finishes up what Beltran started with Burns.

I think Garcia would beat Gamboa, but I'd still want to see it happen and at least for the time being Gamboa's style presents a different look.

I think Garcia has good power, but I honestly think it mostly comes from good technique more than being some Tyson/Hamed freak of nature. Mikey hits you flush an accurately when you don't expect it or when you're coming right at the punch. He gets the most out of his shots. He just needs to throw more punches. He's doing the whole Broner routine of walking nikkas down without jabbing and just throwing one twos or lead hooks. I don't know if that's gonna keep working when he steps up the competition.

Jennings was doing the same thing, but you see how he worked the body and landed a variety of short shots on the inside and knew when to press to get the stoppage. Mikey doesn't seem to like to press the action. He just wants to one punch guys repeatedly and hopefully get them out with one good shot. nikka throwing punches like he's expecting to get change afterwards :snoop:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Mikey has made his stock interesting in his last couple of fights. I still think at 130 and 135 he is the man to beat and he can put a strangle hold and flat out rule those divisions. The talk from his camp about moving up to 140 is a bad idea IMO. At 140 I think Mikey's biggest strengths aren't strengths anymore and he becomes just one of the guys. Even if he moved up in a year...are we really picking Mikey to beat Garcia, Matthysse, or Provodnikov at 140...I think he loses all three. Hell Peterson and Khan's speed would give him a lot of troubles. Fortunately for him HBO is weak at 140.
His chin hasn't looked horrible, but it looks like it isn't made of iron either. He got dropped or wobbled in his last 2 fights, both on clean shots. They didn't appear to hurt him much more than a couple seconds, but still a good punches are getting to him.
His footwork is amazing and helps make up for his lack of speed. A fighter with good boxing ability and speed appears to be the fighter who can give him the most trouble (through his defense). Offensively it will be his footwork that allows him to get off, because his hands aren't quick enough.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Mikey has made his stock interesting in his last couple of fights. I still think at 130 and 135 he is the man to beat and he can put a strangle hold and flat out rule those divisions. The talk from his camp about moving up to 140 is a bad idea IMO. At 140 I think Mikey's biggest strengths aren't strengths anymore and he becomes just one of the guys. Even if he moved up in a year...are we really picking Mikey to beat Garcia, Matthysse, or Provodnikov at 140...I think he loses all three. Hell Peterson and Khan's speed would give him a lot of troubles. Fortunately for him HBO is weak at 140.
His chin hasn't looked horrible, but it looks like it isn't made of iron either. He got dropped or wobbled in his last 2 fights, both on clean shots. They didn't appear to hurt him much more than a couple seconds, but still a good punches are getting to him.
His footwork is amazing and helps make up for his lack of speed. A fighter with good boxing ability and speed appears to be the fighter who can give him the most trouble (through his defense). Offensively it will be his footwork that allows him to get off, because his hands aren't quick enough.
This, point blank period

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

This top ranked GDP beef is corny at 140 he got 1 fight cause top rank thin on fighters.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Not over Terrence crawford...........

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
This top ranked GDP beef is corny at 140 he got 1 fight cause top rank thin on fighters.
He'd get the ever loving shyt beat out of him if he had access to fight the GB stable of fighters from 135 -140, Mikey aint shyt, don't know why I forced myself to be a fan of his for whatever reason:mindblown:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Dumb nikka, had like 1 fight in 2 years sitting back thinking Arum and Chavez would fight him:mjlol:

Now word is out that Froch is trying to get a Chavez jr fight if dude gets past Vera. Froch don't even want that Groves fade anymore. That rematch might go to purse bid or he drops the belt altogether.

Ward may as well make Groves a good offer or just move up to 175 already. The GGG fight needs to marinate some more (aka GGG needs to beat some bigger names) before that's an event and there's nothing else at super middle left to do.

It seems like Ward is stuck in tunnel vision or some shyt. He focused on certain fights while other fights could be made possible that are even bigger. Hard headed nikka don't realize he on HBO with the likes of Pascal, Stevenson, and Kovalev all for the taking.:snoop:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
In Thailand they have their own AB.....

Boxing-Match-Gone-Awry.jpg