Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stevenson gotta get past Kovalev first :mjpls:

I dont think Stevenson and Kovalev are fighting anytime soon. Stevenson has 3 fight deal with HBO and Kovalev is at the very most the 2nd fight...but likely 3rd.

I think you would see Kovalev vs Pascal as a strong possibility.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the card. Recorded it & didn't get to see it live

Takam took that first fight

I knew Pascal's awkward, herky jerky style would be too much for Bute. The main concern is would he be able to get through the fight without tiring.

I just don't see this dramatic difference just because he beat Bute.

I'm not trying to downplay Roy's contributions to Pascal's camp, but I felt Pascal looked like Pascal. It takes more than one camp to clean up the habits that Pascal brings to the table. I actually thought Pascal looked surprisingly good in those Hopkins fights, specifically the first fight. Niigga knocked Hopkins down twice. He just lost to the better fighter (although officially a draw). He also looked great in the Dawson fight.

Pascal is so unaesthetically pleasing to watch that he's really underrated. After he beat Dawson, Hopkins was licking his chops to take his title & had to fight for his life to win that first fight (although officially a draw).

Pascal usually stays in shape year round. Between camps, he goes to different gyms (like the Mayweather gym) to continue learning. He's absolutely awful to watch, but I respect he takes his craft seriously & constantly seeks out advice.

I think Dawson & Bute should fight.

Bute isn't a bad fighter, but is gonna need to stay away from awkward, herky jerky guys that are effective at what they do. Froch & Pascal are as awkward as they come.

He looked a lot more like Roy last night than he ever did previously. I think he was trying to actually mimic Roy's style which may or may not be a good thing. It worked against Bute...and will work against similar fighters but a boxer with timing and a jab can break that style down.

I dont think he is bad to watch. He looks similar to Roy now without the hand speed and counterpunching ability.

He is in good shape but I still thinks he gets winded sometimes and thats likely because of his fighting style.

Bute isnt a bad fighter......:thinkin:

I agree but I will say this. Earlier in their careers I thought Bute was better than Pascal. I really didnt think much of Pascal because he looked so amateurish and he was getting rocked by guys on FNF. I thought Bute was particularly sharp at SMW, especially as a boxer/puncher. Good body puncher.
Apparently I was wrong. Or....Pascal simply kept improving while fighting much better competition than Bute. This was the difference I believe. Pascal got better by fighting Dawson, Hopkins, Diaconu, Branco. Bute's comp wasnt bad but no where as good as Pascal for sure. The tell-tale may have been how they both fared against Froch and this couldve been the reason for Pascal being favored going in.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mad props to Pascal and MAN Roy Jones needs to train instead of fight, dude knows what the fukk he's doing :ohlawd:

despite his unorthodox style, he knows his boxing. a true genius. I just dont know if he would train more "traditional" fighters. he obviously likes Pascal because Pascal fights a similar style to him using a lot of athleticism. and that lookaway? classic Roy. Pascal bit his whole style last night.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is probably the best i think ive seen pascal, i didn't see him winning this fight like this to be honest. i thought bute had something left in the tank since the froch fight to take out box pascals amateurish ass.

i would love to see kovalev-pasca, pascal-jcc or even froch-pascal in montreal. i don't see why andre ward team shouldn't be knocking on the door for a fight with pascal.

Ward aint gonna fight Pascal unless jean comes to 168 and the fight is in Oakland. I am not making a joke about it either. Until I see otherwise, I am sure those are the terms fighters will have to accept.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well...at least it was boxing to watch...even if it was meh.

The Takam scoring was horrendous...I had it 7-3 Takam...probably should have been all judges with 96-94. :stopitslime:
Bute-Pascal was boring as fukk. Pascal looked like any top tier fighter would wreck his ass, but made easy work of Bute.

At least next weekend we get Mikey Garcia.:popcorn:

I have been saying that about Pascal since he was on FNF and he has proved me wrong by beating Dawson, having a good fight with Froch, etc. He has earned my respect. Not saying he wont get beat, but I am saying his style looks a lot easier to defeat than it probably is once you are in the ring with him.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He looked a lot more like Roy last night than he ever did previously. I think he was trying to actually mimic Roy's style which may or may not be a good thing. It worked against Bute...and will work against similar fighters but a boxer with timing and a jab can break that style down.

I dont think he is bad to watch. He looks similar to Roy now without the hand speed and counterpunching ability.

He is in good shape but I still thinks he gets winded sometimes and thats likely because of his fighting style.

Bute isnt a bad fighter......:thinkin:

I agree but I will say this. Earlier in their careers I thought Bute was better than Pascal. I really didnt think much of Pascal because he looked so amateurish and he was getting rocked by guys on FNF. I thought Bute was particularly sharp at SMW, especially as a boxer/puncher. Good body puncher.
Apparently I was wrong. Or....Pascal simply kept improving while fighting much better competition than Bute. This was the difference I believe. Pascal got better by fighting Dawson, Hopkins, Diaconu, Branco. Bute's comp wasnt bad but no where as good as Pascal for sure. The tell-tale may have been how they both fared against Froch and this couldve been the reason for Pascal being favored going in.

Pascal earlier in his career was just extremely raw. Looked like a mediocre SMW. He definitely wasn't impressive during his FNF days. I thought he was just a knockoff Roy Jones. I remember on FNF, Pascal & Miranda were on a collision course & fought on the same night. After Pascal's mediocre performance against Pittman, he joined the commentating team ringside. Miranda knocked Banks through the ropes. I don't think Pascal's team wanted any of that which is probably why it never happened. Now Pascal's a top guy in his division while Miranda can't win a fight nowadays. Would have been interesting in '08 when those 2 were shyt talking back & forth.

Pascal's career really took off when he went to 175. Moving up in weight was huge in his development as a fighter. Perhaps he was have trouble making weight? Much more powerful & able to take punches better at 175.

Bute is really a guy who looks the part. He looks extremely polished. He's solid, but will never be a top guy in whatever division he decides to settle in. I still wouldn't mind seeing him in there against more of a conventional top tier guy. Awkward guys like Froch & Pascal bring a certain unpredictability that he just can't really deal with.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I have been saying that about Pascal since he was on FNF and he has proved me wrong by beating Dawson, having a good fight with Froch, etc. He has earned my respect. Not saying he wont get beat, but I am saying his style looks a lot easier to defeat than it probably is once you are in the ring with him.
Yeah, for someone who hasn't seen Pascal (me) he is a bizarre fighter to watch. He fights in an athletic style...but somehow doesn't look that athletic and more like just awkward. He only fought in bursts, yet somehow managed to look winded. I would be interested to know more about his past fights because his % of punches landed vs clean punches landed vs Bute was horrible.
He definitely looks like a talented or skilled fighter would just walk right through him...but looking at his record, that hasn't been so.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Article Link -http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=73793#ixzz2qtBB27Br

:flabbynsick: Feels Mayweather Will Lose All of His Money
Posted by: Edward Chaykovsky on1/19/2014 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Edward Chaykovsky

Former heavyweight champion :flabbynsick: knows more than he should about overspending on luxurious items. :flabbynsick: made millions of dollars during his reign as the world champion, and made millions more in some high profile fights that came in the late stage of his career. In the end, he managed to waste away his millions and had nothing left.

:flabbynsick: believes the pound-for-pound king, Floyd Mayweather Jr. (45-0, 26KOs), is heading down the same road, and after the smoke clears he will end up in the same scenario. He feels Mayweather is another prime example of a fighter striking it rich and then overspending on way too many luxurious items.

"The story with Mayweather interests me more than his fighting, because he is crazy. Mayweather is crazy rich. If I could have made $45 million dollars in one night, I would have been the nicest guy in the world," :flabbynsick: told Sky Sports Ringside.

"No, [he will not keep his money]. Money don't have no friends. Money will go with you and be with him in the morning, and go with her and him and might even get to my pocket. Money don't have no friends, because when people are rich their eyes see things that they don't really need...like Mayweather, and like :flabbynsick: even. I had five Rolls Royces. I had 27 cars. I had a bus, a 49 seat bus for all of my friends to go to Atlantic City to come hang out and party. Did I need any of that? No."

>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

What the hell is he talking about? He's not privy to Mayweather's expenditures. Besides, it seems like Mayweather has scaled down on all his "flossing" the past couple years:patrice: