Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
this is probably the best i think ive seen pascal, i didn't see him winning this fight like this to be honest. i thought bute had something left in the tank since the froch fight to take out box pascals amateurish ass.

i would love to see kovalev-pasca, pascal-jcc or even froch-pascal in montreal. i don't see why andre ward team shouldn't be knocking on the door for a fight with pascal.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
so no one found the fact that pascal threw that 12th round for the rematch weird then? :laugh:
I think he realized how stupid that was to say and tried to clean it up a bit when he said he was letting Bute throw to try and get him to punch himself out and then go for the KO

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
@Amare's Right Hook choose whichever fits your avi best :shaq:

x3twnp.jpg

2zxtlwj.jpg

And you can expect @Tuaminator nudes via pm :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Pascal/Bute is a perfect example of styles making fights. Pascal's athletic come forward sporadic power ambush style was always all wrong for Bute. Bute looks good whenever things are going his way, but pretty much self implodes when they aren't. He likes to take his time and go to work and Pascal even with his shytty stamina never let that happen. Bute got his ass kicked the majority of the fight and really won no more than 2 or 3 rounds. Pascal in previous fights has shown that he could at least battle through some adversity, Bute not so much.

Pascal is not the type of boxer that you react to because if you do you'll get lulled into his bullshyt style. You gotta take charge by snapping the jab and walking him down throwing body and head shots.

Pretty easy fight to predict, but people fall in love with skills an technique so much that they overlook the other intangibles. Bute had the skills to win this shyt, but not the fortitude to pull it off. Anytime he doesn't look good, it's always some fukking excuse. Even though both dudes barely threw 400 punches, I was still entertained. Pascal will always be a very poor man's version of Roy Jones, but he really made it work this time even though he tried to blow it during the final round...smh. If Pascal had better accuracy and stamina he could have gotten the KO.

Perez should have lost that fight, but the draw wasn't a robbery. It was close and competitive enough so the verdict was cool.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Mad props to Pascal and MAN Roy Jones needs to train instead of fight, dude knows what the fukk he's doing :ohlawd:

You start talking the fight game with Roy and Iron Mike, you start to realize that they're geniuses. They were born to be in this sport

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Well...at least it was boxing to watch...even if it was meh.

The Takam scoring was horrendous...I had it 7-3 Takam...probably should have been all judges with 96-94. :stopitslime:
Bute-Pascal was boring as fukk. Pascal looked like any top tier fighter would wreck his ass, but made easy work of Bute.

At least next weekend we get Mikey Garcia.:popcorn:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
Well...at least it was boxing to watch...even if it was meh.

The Takam scoring was horrendous...I had it 7-3 Takam...probably should have been all judges with 96-94. :stopitslime:
Bute-Pascal was boring as fukk. Pascal looked like any top tier fighter would wreck his ass, but made easy work of Bute.

At least next weekend we get Mikey Garcia.:popcorn:

:ufdup:

Pascal outboxed Bute and outhustled him. He was very unpredictable and he was throwing wild punches from every angle. I had Pascal by KO because that's what I expected. Bute is too laid back for hypeman Pascal, especially they were both fighting home. I wanna see Pascal-Ward. Ward gonna have to fight him and it's a risky fight for Ward.Would love to see it.

In case, y'all didn;t know, Pascal spent the summer with the Mayweathers training. :win:

Zoe boys finna run boxing :banderas:

Stevenson, Pascal :smugbiden:

Berto :damn: Prove @patscorpio wrong and work on that defense and the jab bro.Don't forget your stamina too :damn:

:steviej:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched the card. Recorded it & didn't get to see it live

Takam took that first fight

I knew Pascal's awkward, herky jerky style would be too much for Bute. The main concern is would he be able to get through the fight without tiring.

Having Roy in his camp and in his corner is maximizing Pascal's potential, this is not the same guy who fought Hopkins twice, he looks reaaaaally good. Bute is outgunned and he knows it, and he has no idea what to do with a guy quicker than him who's as accurate and hard-fisted.

I just don't see this dramatic difference just because he beat Bute.

I'm not trying to downplay Roy's contributions to Pascal's camp, but I felt Pascal looked like Pascal. It takes more than one camp to clean up the habits that Pascal brings to the table. I actually thought Pascal looked surprisingly good in those Hopkins fights, specifically the first fight. Niigga knocked Hopkins down twice. He just lost to the better fighter (although officially a draw). He also looked great in the Dawson fight.

Pascal is so unaesthetically pleasing to watch that he's really underrated. After he beat Dawson, Hopkins was licking his chops to take his title & had to fight for his life to win that first fight (although officially a draw).

Pascal usually stays in shape year round. Between camps, he goes to different gyms (like the Mayweather gym) to continue learning. He's absolutely awful to watch, but I respect he takes his craft seriously & constantly seeks out advice.

I think Dawson & Bute should fight.

Bute isn't a bad fighter, but is gonna need to stay away from awkward, herky jerky guys that are effective at what they do. Froch & Pascal are as awkward as they come.

Last edited: