Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I know most of this is directed towards @Skip b, he has his own perspective. When you say how do we expect boxing to grow? Well, there are some of us that do want to at least attempt to preserve some of its integrity.

For the record, I thought Broner beat Paulie, but it was close on the cards to me. 7-5 I would say. nikkas in here sayin that Paulie won 3 rounds at the most. :camby: and I dont care who you are. Broner shouldve looked better against Paulie than he did and that is why I for one immediately said after that fight his next fight SHOULD NOT be at 147.

Taylor was hyped the fukk up and wasnt shyt so yeah, I hold it against guys...give a fukk who fault it is. Taylor shouldve worked on his craft and his weaknesses instead of running around getting gift decisions. I would argue he lost to Hopkins twice, Winky, and Spinks. Its disgusting to see guys hyped like that then he cant even pay his bills because his prime earning years were so short and now he's damaged goods so promoters and networks walk away from his ass. Its disgusting. BHop literally has no shot in hell in winning that first fight because Taylor was HBO's new baby and they wanted to get rid of BHop, for numerous reasons. :merchant:

I dont go around saying every young fighter is hyped but its sickening to see Canelo and Taylor alike call up guys from 2 divisions south to come up and get their brains bashed in. There is a need for the Rosado's and Josesito's of the world...but that doesnt make the sport better. All it does is manufacture microwave stars. Hot for a quick minute, then cold and stale the next.

but to answer your question....younger generation of fighters will grow by not trying so hard to protect undefeated records. I for one think Broner's loss to Maidana is the best thing for him long term if he wants to be in this game for a while, even though it had short term repercussions. I also commend Mayweather Promotions for putting some of their guys in with solid competition.

Post wasn't directed at anybody in particular.

It was just pointing out the general agenda some nikkas have when they scoring fights. On one hand nikkas will say a fighter is hyped up as fukk, but then on the other hand they overrate the skills of the fighters that lose to these same hyped fighters.

Hopkins for all his skill and experience had more trouble than he should have with a guy like Taylor, but people with agendas will make it into a media/hype story about Hopkins having the cards stacked against him when in actuality dude just got outhustled by a very game above average fighter. nikkas just wanna have it both ways. :manny: I mean I can understand dudes saying it was a close fight that could have gone either way, but you got nikkas acting like some of these fights were out right robberies :heh:

but it's cool, we'll just agree to disagree on this.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Berto using the shoulder roll and then abandoning it after a few moments of getting a shellacking is prolly the quickest I've ever seen someone go to plan b. :russ: shyt didn't even take a whole round.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/boxings-most-overhyped-fighters-past-and-present.182248/
Post wasn't directed at anybody in particular.

It was just pointing out the general agenda some nikkas have when they scoring fights. On one hand nikkas will say a fighter is hyped up as fukk, but then on the other hand they overrate the skills of the fighters that lose to these same hyped fighters.

Hopkins for all his skill and experience had more trouble than he should have with a guy like Taylor, but people with agendas will make it into a media/hype story about Hopkins having the cards stacked against him when in actuality dude just got outhustled by a very game above average fighter. nikkas just wanna have it both ways. :manny: I mean I can understand dudes saying it was a close fight that could have gone either way, but you got nikkas acting like some of these fights were out right robberies :heh:

but it's cool, we'll just agree to disagree on this.

I didnt say he was robbed, but that doesnt mean the cards werent stacked against him. Thats two different things. I agree, Bernard shouldve had less trouble with Taylor. He was way too cautious in the first fight....typical Bernard style against a guy like that. I thought he deserved to win the first fight but I aint salty about it. The second fight.....that was bullshyt. Taylor didnt do shyt then got gassed.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/boxings-most-overhyped-fighters-past-and-present.182248/

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

I didnt say he was robbed, but that doesnt mean the cards werent stacked against him. Thats two different things. I agree, Bernard shouldve had less trouble with Taylor. He was way too cautious in the first fight....typical Bernard style against a guy like that. I thought he deserved to win the first fight but I aint salty about it. The second fight.....that was bullshyt. Taylor didnt do shyt then got gassed.

:russ:
I swear you're one of the most bitter sounding nikkas on here when it comes to your fighters losing. You may not say the word "robbery" but you allude to it all the time within your posts. I can read between the lines. Ya'll act like ya'll not saying certain things, but will talk in circles and indirectly say how you feel. You not salty, but this exchange motivates you to make a separate thread about Taylor being overrated even though you already got a similar topic with the Controversial decisions thread which talks about the same shyt. C'mon breh. Tell me how you really feel. :heh: Dude just waits for Taylor's name to be brought up so he can shyt on the man and talk about his fights with Hopkins.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
other than thurman getting caught in the first round but i wouldn't call that serious trouble..chaves-thurman was closer because chaves could match thurman power for power and troubled him alot..but thurman showed he could adjust mid fight as chaves wear down and he got the KO..serious trouble would have had thurman wobbling all over the ring and/or going down..both of which he didnt do
on an unrelated note i think im gonna watch knockout kings 2 tomorrow when im working at home...gotdamn that card was the shyt..ppl who bought tickets for that won that night
:patrice: a lot of wavering but I'm in a good mood, respect the fair response:manny:

Plus there is no reason to hate on Thurman, I still think Guerrero troubles him, Thurman was supposed to razzle dazzle unscathed his last 2 matches but he still won, from my career long assessment he'll lose to the first relentless stalker he faces, he's a big boy hiding his china at WW his chin is suspect and this was before seeing him buzzed....... but exciting young fighter with grit that will grow, no reason to hate just cause we disagree..........

I rather a Maidana or Broner match before The ghost, the Ghost is extremely heavy handed at WW, and once he holds your ass, you best try to hold his ass back like Mayweather did, May wanted to brawl there like he did vs Canelo he felt that power and strength

SN:The Ghost fukked up if he had some flex and wanted big money he would have called out Canelo, and team Canelo would have jumped at the chance to face a WW, just like they tried to briefly force a Maidana fight........

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:
I swear you're one of the most bitter sounding nikkas on here when it comes to your fighters losing. You may not say the word "robbery" but you allude to it all the time within your posts. I can read between the lines. Ya'll act like ya'll not saying certain things, but will talk in circles and indirectly say how you feel. You not salty, but this exchange motivates you to make a separate thread about Taylor being overrated even though you already got a similar topic with the Controversial decisions thread which talks about the same shyt. C'mon breh. Tell me how you really feel. :heh: Dude just waits for Taylor's name to be brought up so he can shyt on the man and talk about his fights with Hopkins.

I like Bernard. He is ok with me. He has some of the biggest balls yet bytchmade tendencies I have ever seen. :bryan: I am not really a huge fan of his fights but I respect how he has been able to pimp the system. At the same time....he is contradictory because the same system he lashed out against, he had no problem signing up for when it was profitable for him. His fukkery and bullshytting the public (faking against Echols, Allen, and Dawson) was so :demonic:

I dont like Taylor. I am not trying to sugar coat it. Everyone was eating off him and he was more than glad to go along with it meanwhile admittedly not putting away for the future. He didnt know HBO was gonna treat him like shytpaper?? He wasnt that good. Padded records. He did get the win over Bernard...but I knew it was gonna go down like that in the first fight. 2nd fight....they just didnt want to give it to Bernard. They didnt want to ruin that hype. Hypothetically, I believe Sergio would have a hard time getting a decision over GGG. Thats just they way that side of the business works.

If I am bitter then cool...but I am consistently bitter. BHop is not my fighter. I prefer RJJ and Toney over him. I do respect the dude though. :youngsabo:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I know most of this is directed towards @Skip b, he has his own perspective. When you say how do we expect boxing to grow? Well, there are some of us that do want to at least attempt to preserve some of its integrity.

For the record, I thought Broner beat Paulie, but it was close on the cards to me. 7-5 I would say. nikkas in here sayin that Paulie won 3 rounds at the most. :camby: and I dont care who you are. Broner shouldve looked better against Paulie than he did and that is why I for one immediately said after that fight his next fight SHOULD NOT be at 147.

Taylor was hyped the fukk up and wasnt shyt so yeah, I hold it against guys...give a fukk who fault it is. Taylor shouldve worked on his craft and his weaknesses instead of running around getting gift decisions. I would argue he lost to Hopkins twice, Winky, and Spinks. Its disgusting to see guys hyped like that then he cant even pay his bills because his prime earning years were so short and now he's damaged goods so promoters and networks walk away from his ass. Its disgusting. BHop literally has no shot in hell in winning that first fight because Taylor was HBO's new baby and they wanted to get rid of BHop, for numerous reasons. :merchant:

I dont go around saying every young fighter is hyped but its sickening to see Canelo and Taylor alike call up guys from 2 divisions south to come up and get their brains bashed in. There is a need for the Rosado's and Josesito's of the world...but that doesnt make the sport better. All it does is manufacture microwave stars. Hot for a quick minute, then cold and stale the next.

but to answer your question....younger generation of fighters will grow by not trying so hard to protect undefeated records. I for one think Broner's loss to Maidana is the best thing for him long term if he wants to be in this game for a while, even though it had short term repercussions. I also commend Mayweather Promotions for putting some of their guys in with solid competition.
nikka please how often am I wrong, less than 5% contrary to yall all the time wrong ass nikkas, I respect no bytch nikka unless they tag me or quote me, then the schooling takes place:demonic:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice: a lot of wavering but I'm in a good mood, respect the fair response:manny:

Plus there is no reason to hate on Thurman, I still think Guerrero troubles him, Thurman was supposed to razzle dazzle unscathed his last 2 matches but he still won, from my career long assessment he'll lose to the first relentless stalker he faces, he's a big boy hiding his china at WW his chin is suspect and this was before seeing him buzzed....... but exciting young fighter with grit that will grow, no reason to hate just cause we disagree..........

I rather a Maidana or Broner match before The ghost, the Ghost is extremely heavy handed at WW, and once he holds your ass, you best try to hold his ass back like Mayweather did, May wanted to brawl there like he did vs Canelo he felt that power and strength

SN:The Ghost fukked up if he had some flex and wanted big money he would have called out Canelo, and team Canelo would have jumped at the chance to face a WW, just like they tried to briefly force a Maidana fight........

I like Thurman. I think he can beat most WW out there. He is flawed and the wrong style could give him fits. I think Guerrero fight is excellent for him because he keeps stepping up that competition level. Guerrero has had a somewhat overhyped career as far as the titles but he is no pushover. He is a quality fighter and a sure test and great learning experience for Thurman. The key would be for Thurman not to fall into Guerrero's style of fight. I would have to go with Guerrero. I think Thurman has to stink it out for the most part to get the victory.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I swear nikkas be letting their agendas and overall bias toward certain fighter's cloud their better judgement when watching and scoring some of these fights.

For example on one hand you got nikkas that will say Paulie Malignaggi's output (ineffective output I might add) should at least gotten him a draw or a victory against Broner.

Then these same nikkas will turn around and say Jermain Taylor's output wasn't enough to beat Hopkins in the 1st fight even though his shots were more effective than Malignaggi's were and that it caused Hopkins to be generally ineffective up until the 8th round of the bout.

Broner did what Hopkins supposedly did to Taylor in the Malignaggi bout while looking more in control (repeatedly snapping Paulie's head back from the 4th round on and making dude miss) yet nikkas will say he ain't do enough.

I mean it's almost like nikkas hold something against the boxers that are hyped up (Broner,Taylor) in these bouts even though it isn't their fault. They'll argue the dynamic of the fight to suit their scoring criteria whenever they see fit.

Another example.. Floyd gets credit for beating the shyt outta Chop Chop after being a lil buzzed early. Thurman gets buzzed early by Soto Krass and comes back to beat the shyt outta dude eventually tiger uppercutting the nikka into the ref's arms and dudes will say he looked bad.

How do nikkas expect boxing to grow especially the younger generation of fighters if we just over scrutinize every performance from nikkas on the come up, but give a pass to the veterans when they do the same damn thing. :what:

and I expect that they'll be at least one person to come quote this and rationalize on how those fights dynamics were completely different. :snoop:
fukk is you ranting about sucker nikka, Broner got the shyt beat out of him, how many times Floyd put chop chop down(while your chump ass is pretending Karrass has anywhere near the talent), and JT beat BHOP cause of the 10 point must system only, in both fights, it can be argued he deserved 10/8 rounds for turning into a complete bytch in the ring and turning his back running............

Difference with Thurman he was troubled by nobodies his last 2 matches, those were showcase fights to build as this monser, and although he showcased his grit and power, he looked human as fukk doing so

Honestly pre Maidana Broner would be the man to put a whipping on Thurman, Thurman showed the Shoulder roll gives him all hell and the Chavez match and he showed he doesn't like to be walked down, getting countered in the pocket.......Broner is done though, Maidana laid out that blueprint:banderas:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
fukk is you ranting about sucker nikka, Broner got the shyt beat out of him, how many times Floyd put chop chop down(while your chump ass is pretending Karrass has anywhere near the talent), and JT beat BHOP cause of the 10 point must system only, in both fights, it can be argued he deserved 10/8 rounds for turning into a complete bytch in the ring and turning his back running............

Difference with Thurman he was troubled by nobodies his last 2 matches, those were showcase fights to build as this monser, and although he showcased his grit and power, he looked human as fukk doing so

Honestly pre Maidana Broner would be the man to put a whipping on Thurman, Thurman showed the Shoulder roll gives him all hell and the Chavez match and he showed he doesn't like to be walked down, getting countered in the pocket.......Broner is done though, Maidana laid out that blueprint:banderas:

:umad:

Catch feelings over random posts that display your lack of boxing knowledge brehs.