Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Disregard 95% of a post only to catch feelings about Mayweather brehs.
:childplease: I have no issue with a fantasy fight thread. However UNLIKE all the other fighters you mentioned SRR fought from 1940 to 1960. While there is video of some of his fight's how could you compare that to a fighter like SRL, Pryor or Duran?

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-mayweather-sr-ruben-guerrero-scuffle-again--73681
Wrestlemania 30 brehs :ohlawd:

-Hopkins-Shumenov, March 29th, Barclay :ld:

-James DeGale/Badou Jack eliminator, winner mandatory to face Sakio Bika :ehh:

-Kiko Martinez is facing Hozumi Hasegawa next :obama:

-Brandon "Take a sip, calm-ya-SELF" Gonzalez/Maxim Vlasov eliminator, winner mandatory to face Carl Froch :leon:

-Ward-Groves looks to be next on deck, only thing holding it up is Ward's promotional problems :snoop:

-Darren Barker has retired :wow:

-Artur Spzillka (sp?) is currently having major visa issues and may not face Bryant Jennings 1/25 on HBO :why:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:childplease: I have no issue with a fantasy fight thread. However UNLIKE all the other fighters you mentioned SRR fought from 1940 to 1960. While there is video of some of his fight's how could you compare that to a fighter like SRL, Pryor or Duran?

You going so hard about that one particular fight in that post only serves to prove my point. :heh:

Ward beating James Toney and Manny beating Terry Norris were cool to you though. It's the Mayweather/Robinson fight that got your panties all in a bunch. If I wouldn't have put that in there you prolly wouldn't have noticed the post at all. I doubt you even understood the context of the post. shyt wasn't even that serious and yet you in here catching feelings and trying to start a fukking pissing contest spitting shyt everyone already knows about SRR footage while disregarding boxing historians and other fighters that have already testified to his greatness. :what:
Yep. I was right, a fantasy fight league wouldn't work. Nobody would care about any other fights, but Floyd match ups. :snoop: as evidence by this nikka quoting me several times about this bullshyt. He's prolly gonna quote me again and keep this fukkery going, but I digress.

Well anyways, I did suggest a boxing prediction league. Might as well get that started.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Hey boxing heads who should I be watching aside from the casual fan faves?

Adonis Stevenson
Danny Garcia
Mikey Garcia
Ruslan Provodnikov
Sergey Kovalev
Gennady Golovokin (GGG)
Keith Thurman
Leo Santa Cruz
James Kirkland

You can't go wrong with any of those dudes breh. I'm sure others here will add to that list later.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
@LauderdaleBoss What fight? I was simply pointing out the fact SRR vs anyone you'd have to take with a grain of a salt b/c the resources to evaluate SRR are not abundant. The same thing anyone would say if LaMotta vs GGG was brought up (strictly hypothetical) you my breh so idk why you questioning my shyt

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Adonis Stevenson
Danny Garcia
Mikey Garcia
Ruslan Provodnikov
Sergey Kovalev
Gennady Golovokin (GGG)
Keith Thurman
Leo Santa Cruz
James Kirkland

You can't go wrong with any of those dudes breh. I'm sure others here will add to that list later.
Add the Charlo brothers, Rosado, Lomanchecko(sp?) and Erroll Spence. That's off top @SuikodenII can max out this list

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
@LauderdaleBoss What fight? I was simply pointing out the fact SRR vs anyone you'd have to take with a grain of a salt b/c the resources to evaluate SRR are not abundant. The same thing anyone would say if LaMotta vs GGG was brought up (strictly hypothetical) you my breh so idk why you questioning my shyt

:snoop:
this nikka just won't let it go.

Take a deep breath breh and just repeat this a couple of times..."It's not that serious."

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Hey boxing heads who should I be watching aside from the casual fan faves?
First you could get a good idea by checking out the Official Ring Rankings thread stickied at the top of The Ring section

To answer your question, it depends on what you like, what you appreciate, what is overall entertaining to you. Some enjoy the methodical Mayweather-esque break down of a fighter over 12 rounds or less, other enjoy the balls to the wall, head first approach Brandon Rios style. I'm a skill over thrill guy BUT I do appreciate a slugger who's not afraid to put his cards on the table.

Instead of telling you what fighters you should be watching, catch a couple telecasts over the next month or two and decide for yourself what you find enjoyable out of the sweet science of professional boxing. The bolded are world champions.

1/18- HBO
(175) Jean Pascal vs. Lucian Bute (both former world champions)
(Heavy) Mike Perez vs. Carlos Takam
(175- Un-televised but possible through stream of international telecast) Eleider Alvarez vs. Andrew Gardiner

1/22- Thailand Broadcast

Rocky Fuentes vs. Amnat Ruenroeng (fighting for vacated IBF world title............oh, for those who didn't know Moruti Mthalane vacated saying he could make better money at home without the belt)---- This fight is VERY tentative as I'm not sure who is fighting who and when, I've heard different accounts from different sources------

1/24- NBC Sports
Curtis Stevens vs. Patrick Majewski
Thabiso Mchunu vs. Olanrewaju Durodola

1/24- Fox Sports 1
Cornelius Bundrage (former world champion) vs. Joey Hernandez
Antonio Orozco vs. Miguel Angel Huerta

1/25- German Broadcast (obviously gotta watch through a stream, very accessible)
Marco Huck
vs. Firat Arslan (former world champion) rematch

1/25 Showtime
Lamont Peterson vs. Dierry Jean
Gabriel Rosado vs. Jermell Charlo

1/25- HBO
(130) Mikey Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos
(Heavy) Bryant Jennings vs. Artus Szpilka

1/29- Australian Broadcast (again, stream)
Anthony Mundine (former world champion) vs. Carson Jones

semtex

:)
Daps
First you could get a good idea by checking out the Official Ring Rankings thread stickied at the top of The Ring section

To answer your question, it depends on what you like, what you appreciate, what is overall entertaining to you. Some enjoy the methodical Mayweather-esque break down of a fighter over 12 rounds or less, other enjoy the balls to the wall, head first approach Brandon Rios style. I'm a skill over thrill guy BUT I do appreciate a slugger who's not afraid to put his cards on the table.

Instead of telling you what fighters you should be watching, catch a couple telecasts over the next month or two and decide for yourself what you find enjoyable out of the sweet science of professional boxing. The bolded are world champions.

1/18- HBO
(175) Jean Pascal vs. Lucian Bute (both former world champions)
(Heavy) Mike Perez vs. Carlos Takam
(175- Un-televised but possible through stream of international telecast) Eleider Alvarez vs. Andrew Gardiner
1/22- Thailand Broadcast
Rocky Fuentes vs. Amnat Ruenroeng (fighting for vacated IBF world title............oh, for those who didn't know Moruti Mthalane vacated saying he could make better money at home without the belt)---- This fight is VERY tentative as I'm not sure who is fighting who and when, I've heard different accounts from different sources------

1/24- NBC Sports
Curtis Stevens vs. Patrick Majewski
Thabiso Mchunu vs. Olanrewaju Durodola

1/24- Fox Sports 1
Cornelius Bundrage (former world champion) vs. Joey Hernandez
Antonio Orozco vs. Miguel Angel Huerta

1/25- German Broadcast (obviously gotta watch through a stream, very accessible)
Marco Huck
vs. Firat Arslan (former world champion) rematch

1/25 Showtime
Lamont Peterson vs. Dierry Jean
Gabriel Rosado vs. Jermell Charlo

1/25- HBO
(130) Mikey Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Burgos
(Heavy) Bryant Jennings vs. Artus Szpilka

1/29- Australian Broadcast (again, stream)
Anthony Mundine (former world champion) vs. Carson Jones
you da man