Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
LMAO it's like he only talk about Manny, and you only talk about him...

u must be his alias fakkit. I be in this thread daily talking about everything. fukk boy
iC8kUnnCSzX74.gif

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Good. Now they should force him to fight Thurman.

fukk Guerrero
They've always been more than fair with this guy but he's still not happy

Now they're taking the battle to NY cause Cali told em "Can't you READ? This has absolutely NOTHING to do with us" :camby:

NY is gonna ask some very simple questions: 1) Did you read over and agree to the contract with a lawyer present?
2) Were you and your lawyer in agreement with the contract upon signing?
3) Did GBP ever say or state you had to sign in order to face the WBC champion?
4) Does GBP control who the WBC designates as the mandatory challenger?
5) Does GBP control who Floyd Mayweather faces?
6) Do you have any proof of any of your allegations?
7) Is there anything else we can do for you? Case closed, appeal denied, NEXT....

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think I mentioned this not too long ago, but I'm thinking of starting up a fantasy fight tournament for The Ring.

The idea was to pick as many fighters (past or present) as possible for a division(s) and have them face off (March Madness style). Then we vote for who would win between them. And the winner at the end would be crowned the Fantasy Boxing Champ.

Would anybody be interested in doing/participating in this?

Good idea, but since a lot of nikkas here throw shade on the older generations of fighters due to not watching the sport back then or just not caring enough to watch videos now to educate themselves the voting would quickly become a popularity contest. Pretty soon we'd have to read page after page on how Floyd would adjust to Sugar Ray Robinson's speed, power, and toughness or how he'll be able to take away Hearn's right hand and stretch armstrong jab after a couple of rounds. nikkas would have Andre Ward beating James Toney and would have Manny beating Terry Norris or some other off the wall shyt.

I still wouldn't mind doing some epic creative shyt with the Ring brehs though. Maybe like a roundtable boxing discussion podcast or some shyt. I dunno. We gotta lot of different opinions on here and we do get some good debates every now and then.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Good idea, but since a lot of nikkas here throw shade on the older generations of fighters due to not watching the sport back then or just not caring enough to watch videos now to educate themselves the voting would quickly become a popularity contest. Pretty soon we'd have to read page after page on how Floyd would adjust to Sugar Ray Robinson's speed, power, and toughness or how he'll be able to take away Hearn's right hand and stretch armstrong jab after a couple of rounds. nikkas would have Andre Ward beating James Toney and would have Manny beating Terry Norris or some other off the wall shyt.

I still wouldn't mind doing some epic creative shyt with the Ring brehs though. Maybe like a roundtable boxing discussion podcast or some shyt. I dunno. We gotta lot of different opinions on here and we do get some good debates every now and then.
True. Luckily we do have many smart/knowledgeable posters, so I think we can make it work. I'll think about it and see if ultimately I wanna go through with it. Because I do see some promise in doing an activity like this. It's only a matter if the potential fukkery will outweigh the good.

If I do end up starting it, it will only be a couple of divisions (Heavyweight, Welterweight, and Middlweight. Possibly Lightweight and Featherweight)

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
True. Luckily we do have many smart/knowledgeable posters, so I think we can make it work. I'll think about it and see if ultimately I wanna go through with it. Because I do see some promise in doing an activity like this. It's only a matter if the potential fukkery will outweigh the good.

If I do end up starting it, it will only be a couple of divisions (Heavyweight, Welterweight, and Middlweight. Possibly Lightweight and Featherweight)

That's it right there.

A prediction league might be interesting as well, but I don't know how many cats keep up with their predictions. I know I do. It would also separate those who have a more expanded knowledge of the sport and it's fighters than those who just keep up with the p4p popular guys like Floyd, Ward, Manny Bradley, etc..

I'm sure you'll come up with something though.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I don't live in NYC anymore lol. I live in Poughkeepsie, which is an hour and a half north of NYC. I take Metro North down to the city.

If I go with my cousin it's easy though, cause all I gotta do is drive down to Rockland where he lives and then from there we'll drive down to MSG. He doesn't mind driving down there.

I just gotta plan this out ahead of time
My my was born in Poughkeepsie :salute:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Why is Guerrero's dad still trolling floyds dad?

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Pretty soon we'd have to read page after page on how Floyd would adjust to Sugar Ray Robinson's speed, power, and toughness.
Not trying to throw shade on you breh, but what do you know about SRR's speed power and toughness? You're old enough to have seen him fight?