Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
-Martin Murray pulls out of 2/1 bout......."injury" reasons

-Richard Abril faces "The Eagle" Eduard Troyanovsky 3/15.......ET is a bad man, glad the Linares bout got thrown to the bushes

-Frank Warren is saying he signed Tyson Fury......Mick Hennessy (current promoter) saying he didn't

-Shinsuke Yamanaka named the Japanese fighter of the year (Yaegashi and Miura got robbed......Uchiyama/Kaneko named the Japanese fight of the year)

-Eleider Alvarez officially off the HBO telecast, HBO to only show 2 bouts instead of 3 (because Thomas Ooze dropped out)

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
I think Canelo takes Angulo apart in a good fight. I don't know how Perro will look after that injury and layoff from the Lara fight. Dude is also getting long in the tooth and has taken a lot of hard shots from some real good punchers over the years. I don't know if he's got much left in the tank. If Angulo looked good in a tune up then I'd prolly feel different about it but since they springing this fight on dude at this moment makes me think they know he's finished.

Bute/Pascal is a tough one. Bute is the better pure boxer, but I don't think he's as durable as Pascal and he always gives the impression that he doesn't like to be hit kinda like how Brock Lesnar and Wlad react to punches. Pascal could very well bomb that nikka out early similar to what Froch did.
He looked good in his last match are we gonna still pretend he aint put Lara on his ass twice, he quit cause of a scratched cornea, I dont see him as a loser in that one, and anyone claiming that win is a bytchmade sucker ass nikka

As far as predictions for this fight I'll stray away until near fight time, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the real Canelo is, he looked like shyt most of his time at WW, he looked superhuman at JMW fighting LWW, and took what should have been a loss to Trout bum ass, and got knocked around the ring like a rag doll and sat on the ropes and quit fighting vs a small WW. IDK here, I want Canelo to win this one but.......:patrice:

Angulo simply is much more proven at this level, If Canelo can't win vs this tailor made come forward opponent, I dont want to see his ass my TV anymore, he getting his eye swollen and bloody and outworked by a shot Mosley should have stopped the bum tour for him, and should have fought a few more solid touches pre Trout and Mayweather and maybe he would be ready for this level, I'm not sure if Canelo understands the problems he's getting himself to, Angulo aint no lww he hand picked, he will be 170+ on fight night...... Interesting Scrap, can't wait..:ehh:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
If Manny loses to Bradley in the rematch..........convincingly?

:banderas:
Trust me I doubt if team Manny takes this fight, Bradley is a spoiler, JMM seen first hand evidence of this, when Timmy was damn near turning his back and running and at the sight of nearly dropping JMM. The worst Possible match for Manny

His options in order if I was Manny

1.Sit on the shelf unless I can fight a Alvarado, Manny is rusty form what I Senn vs Rios a easy touch will benefit him maybe a solid youg fighter like a Jessie Vargas
2. Prov, he's a complete monster but if Manny get ko'ed in a war, a big money rematch, and possibly a trilogy
3. Bradley a complete spoiler he wont ko you, but will tenderize the shyt out of anyway with his relentlessness(may win a UD, he already decisioned Manny on 2 broke ankles needing a wheelchair and all)
4.JMM, is a complete no go in my book, the beatings have gotten convincingly worse fight after fight, if they do a fight 5 JMM might spark Manny in the 1st 2-3 rounds Hatton style......Not quite as bad as Timmy, and he did drop JMM 5 times, but JMM simply have Manny's number

Manny needs to sit the fukk down or take a easy touch, his 3 options are all cashing out matches for Arum with Manny's contract hanging over his head(that also puts him in danger for the normal Arum near contract ending fukkery such as Oscar/mosley 2 and Manny/Bradley), he may win but those are dangerous fights and he have to much to lose with tax issues and all

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Trust me I doubt if team Manny takes this fight, Bradley is a spoiler, JMM seen first hand evidence of this, when Timmy was damn near turning his back and running and at the sight of nearly dropping JMM. The worst Possible match for Manny

His options in order if I was Manny

1.Sit on the shelf unless I can fight a Alvarado, Manny is rusty form what I Senn vs Rios a easy touch will benefit him maybe a solid youg fighter like a Jessie Vargas
2. Prov, he's a complete monster but if Manny get ko'ed in a war, a big money rematch, and possibly a trilogy
3. Bradley a complete spoiler he wont ko you, but will tenderize the shyt out of anyway with his relentlessness(may win a UD, he already decisioned Manny on 2 broke ankles needing a wheelchair and all)
4.JMM, is a complete no go in my book, the beatings have gotten convincingly worse fight after fight, if they do a fight 5 JMM might spark Manny in the 1st 2-3 rounds Hatton style......Not quite as bad as Timmy, and he did drop JMM 5 times, but JMM simply have Manny's number

Manny needs to sit the fukk down or take a easy touch, his 3 options are all cashing out matches for Arum with Manny's contract hanging over his head(that also puts him in danger for the normal Arum near contract ending fukkery such as Oscar/mosley 2 and Manny/Bradley), he may win but those are dangerous fights and he have to much to lose with tax issues and all

If I was Manny, I'm fighting Bradley in April. Then, I'm calling out JMM for the October fight and if he refuses, I'm fighting Prov/Garcia/Bradley trilogy. Hopefully he wins those 2 matches, leaves Rob Arum, and fights Floyd under the GBP banner in 2015.

However I'm not confident he will come out unscathed anymore, with all the issues surrounding him, and he may lose by robbery (again) bc that's what Arum does

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He looked good in his last match are we gonna still pretend he aint put Lara on his ass twice, he quit cause of a scratched cornea, I dont see him as a loser in that one, and anyone claiming that win is a bytchmade sucker ass nikka

As far as predictions for this fight I'll stray away until near fight time, I'm having a hard time figuring out who the real Canelo is, he looked like shyt most of his time at WW, he looked superhuman at JMW fighting LWW, and took what should have been a loss to Trout bum ass, and got knocked around the ring like a rag doll and sat on the ropes and quit fighting vs a small WW. IDK here, I want Canelo to win this one but.......:patrice:

Angulo simply is much more proven at this level, If Canelo can't win vs this tailor made come forward opponent, I dont want to see his ass my TV anymore, he getting his eye swollen and bloody and outworked by a shot Mosley should have stopped the bum tour for him, and should have fought a few more solid touches pre Trout and Mayweather and maybe he would be ready for this level, I'm not sure if Canelo understands the problems he's getting himself to, Angulo aint no lww he hand picked, he will be 170+ on fight night...... Interesting Scrap, can't wait..:ehh:

spot on

Predictions with talented, carefully matched guys are typically difficult because we don't know how good they really are. Can't be mad at anyone who picks Canelo to win this or anyone who picks Angulo to win this.

It's hard for me to make a prediction on what a guy has potential to do when he hasn't been fighting top tier 154 lbs guys. All these guys at 154 are going around fighting each other (taking wins & losses) & you have a guy like Canelo perceived to be a top guy at 154, but he's been fighting WW's. These weren't even top WW's either.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
-Martin Murray pulls out of 2/1 bout......."injury" reasons

-Frank Warren is saying he signed Tyson Fury......Mick Hennessy (current promoter) saying he didn't

Seems he's co-promoted. The build up of Fury v Chisora is gonna be good :takedat:

:russ:

:salute: to Murray for taking the Sturm rematch. After Sturm beats him he'll have the IBF and WBA interim title