Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
:patrice:

The last I heard I thought Wilder's team responded to Fury calling them out by sending a contract...which Fury's team completely ignored...I believe it even allowed for the fight to be in the UK.
What's the word on this?
According to Fury the contract was some low-ball BS.......Fury's people want to handle the contracts

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Marquez wants a title at 147, it's the only reason he's not retired...the winner of Bradley/Pacquiao will be the WBO champion, and Marquez will fight the winner. Provodnikov will either face the Khabib/Vargas winner or Rios/Alvarado III winner at 147. At the end of the rainbow we'll get some good bouts in 2014........2015 would be a waste of time for Manny as he would've already fought Bradley and Marquez to avenge those loses, so staying with TR would be futile. This is all assuming he actually beats Bradley and Marquez in 2014 :mjpls:

After that one mandatory TR co-promoted fight that he'll be favored to win, Provo will have a lot of options.
I hope he chooses to get that ass whooped by Danny in an attempt for 140 supremacy :jawalrus:

Even if Manny where to win those fights in your scenario he doesn't strike me as one who'd leave those who are robbing him in order to fight Floyd.
He seems content fighting the same retreads and staying indebted to Rob Arum :yeshrug:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
After that one mandatory TR co-promoted fight that he'll be favored to win, Provo will have a lot of options.
I hope he chooses to get that ass whooped by Danny in an attempt for 140 supremacy :jawalrus:

Even if Manny where to win those fights in your scenario he doesn't strike me as one who'd leave those who are robbing him in order to fight Floyd.
He seems content fighting the same retreads and staying indebted to Rob Arum :yeshrug:

Supposedly Provodnikovs team said they loyal to HBO

We all know what that really means tho

Prov don't want these problems :youngsabo:
safe_image.php

SuikodenII

Daps

Yeah I feel you on that.....

As far as Garcia whooping Ruslan's ass.......I see that fight being just as close as the Matthysse fight, but the difference being Ruslan will be in Garcia's chest and look to land that straight right coming in. Garcia's jab and lateral movement will offset Ruslan for a couple rounds at most, eventually they're gonna go into a "Hooking War".......and honestly, as good as Garcia's left hook and chin is, he's at a disadvantage. Stay on the outside and box and score rounds and fight when you feel you have to cause that pressure is gonna be there for 12 rounds, eventually you'll have to stand your ground.

Garcia is faster and can fight on the outside, better jab, a little better defensively. Both good boxers just depends on who sets the pace and is able to impose their style on the fight. As weird as it sounds, I can't see either guy getting KO'd :ld: MAYBE a knockdown, but it would be flash if anything.

Garcia 115-113

SuikodenII

Daps
Oh and for the record...........I'm picking Lucian Bute over Jean Pascal...........

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking forward to Canelo-Angulo. I give Angulo a better chance than most. Canelo's talented, but he's suppose to appear good due to his matchmaking. On paper, Angulo is made for Canelo, but you have to ask who the hell has Canelo fought on his resume to prepare him for a guy like Angulo? We're talking about a guy that has been matched extremely carefully. It's great when fooling the public, but will get your fighter hurt in the ring. I just have a hard time overlooking the fact the he's been campaigning at 154 & hasn't really been fighting 154 lbers (exception of Trout). He's finally gonna fight a 154 lbs guy that can bang. We'll also get an idea of what kind of chin Canelo has. Not making an official prediction yet, but I really like Angulo's chances as long as his eye is 100%. He's had the tough fights & the experience to pull it off.

SuikodenII

Daps
Looking forward to Canelo-Angulo. I give Angulo a better chance than most. Canelo's talented, but he's suppose to appear good due to his matchmaking. On paper, Angulo is made for Canelo, but you have to ask who the hell has Canelo fought on his resume to prepare him for a guy like Angulo? We're talking about a guy that has been matched extremely carefully. It's great when fooling the public, but will get your fighter hurt in the ring. I just have a hard time overlooking the fact the he's been campaigning at 154 & hasn't really been fighting 154 lbers (exception of Trout). He's finally gonna fight a 154 lbs guy that can bang. We'll also get an idea of what kind of chin Canelo has. Not making an official prediction yet, but I really like Angulo's chances as long as his eye is 100%. He's had the tough fights & the experience to pull it off.
If we go into rounds 9-12, he's dropping Canelo, I'm calling it right now. Otherwise Canelo is either able to catch him early with a counter shot or wins a hard fought but clear decision, 117-111 range.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so they confirm that theyre moving the mares fight to the canelo undercard?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I think Canelo takes Angulo apart in a good fight. I don't know how Perro will look after that injury and layoff from the Lara fight. Dude is also getting long in the tooth and has taken a lot of hard shots from some real good punchers over the years. I don't know if he's got much left in the tank. If Angulo looked good in a tune up then I'd prolly feel different about it but since they springing this fight on dude at this moment makes me think they know he's finished.

Bute/Pascal is a tough one. Bute is the better pure boxer, but I don't think he's as durable as Pascal and he always gives the impression that he doesn't like to be hit kinda like how Brock Lesnar and Wlad react to punches. Pascal could very well bomb that nikka out early similar to what Froch did.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
:usure:
How is he a better fighter? Cause he beat Pac sparring partner and a nikka Pac beat 3 times?
That matter if he better or not, he still was able to beat Manny, and with 2 broke ankles at that.......

Manny might as well sit his bytch ass on the shelf and wait for his contract to expire he's done no matter which 3 options he chooses

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
If Manny loses to Bradley in the rematch..........convincingly?

:banderas: